    require that I pay by credit card mandate - which I hate.

    --
    JA

    JA, Jul 16, 2006

  2. JA

    Graham. Guest

    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US customers
    > to contact us using a US number?
    >
    > I'm aware that Skype does that, but would probably prefer a non-software
    > solution. I also know about Vonage, but it's a bit pricy, and seems to
    > require that I pay by credit card mandate - which I hate.
    >
    > --
    > JA

    The last time I looked at this, the thing to do was to get a free Washington
    state number from www.ipkall.com and forward it (forgive the pun), to a Free
    World Dialup VoIP number.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Jul 16, 2006

  3. Thus spaketh Graham.:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US
    >> customers to contact us using a US number?
    >>
    >> I'm aware that Skype does that, but would probably prefer a
    >> non-software solution. I also know about Vonage, but it's a bit
    >> pricy, and seems to require that I pay by credit card mandate -
    >> which I hate. --
    >> JA

    > The last time I looked at this, the thing to do was to get a free
    > Washington state number from www.ipkall.com and forward it (forgive
    > the pun), to a Free World Dialup VoIP number.

    Yes, I've been using IPKALL for at least 18 months, could be two years
    now, I have it pointed to my Sipgate service.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 17, 2006
  4. Stanaphone and redirect?

    https://www.stanaphone.com/

    Adam

    Adam Aglionby, Jul 17, 2006
  5. JA

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-07-16, JA <> wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US customers
    > to contact us using a US number?
    >
    > I'm aware that Skype does that, but would probably prefer a non-software
    > solution. I also know about Vonage, but it's a bit pricy, and seems to
    > require that I pay by credit card mandate - which I hate.

    www.callunion.com have DID numbers for the United States but from what
    say about Vonage you may not be attracted by what they charge. There is
    also www.voxbone.com. With both these companies you can configure what
    phone rings when the number is dialled.

    www.stanaphone.com gives free New York numbers when you sign up for
    their service but I think the number has to point to your Stanaphone
    account. Which is fine if they provide a reliable SIP service.

    Another idea is to give your customers one of the PSTN numbers which
    www.sipbroker.com make available in the US. You open an account at, for
    example, www.voiptalk.org, and also inform them of your Voiptalk number
    and the peering code.

    Brian.

    Brian, Jul 17, 2006
  6. JA wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US customers
    > to contact us using a US number?

    We offer US numbers (and INTL ones too).

    cheers
    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Jul 17, 2006
  7. JA

    andy Guest

    Graham. wrote:
    > The last time I looked at this, the thing to do was to get a free Washington
    > state number from www.ipkall.com and forward it (forgive the pun), to a Free
    > World Dialup VoIP number.

    As well as IPKall, see www.freedigits.com with a free Iowa number or
    paid other area codes - mine is forwarded to Voipfone SIP address.
    Forward to pstn also possible from 3c per minute, and $1.80 free
    sign-up credit

    andy, Jul 17, 2006