    want to.

    Grateful for any suggestions on any way for me to take ownership of this
    contact list.(Especially since I might want to stop using VoipStunt).
    john hamilton, Sep 2, 2010

  2. In uk.telecom.voip john hamilton <> wrote:
    > The vcf load up on the desktop and you have to open up each one in
    > alphabetical order. Not reasonable if you have several hundred. ( Is this
    > their idea of a joke?). The vcc I cannot open. I don't use messenger, but
    > am willing to install it; if this is the only way I can access the list
    > when I want to.

    Looks like Messenger is the only way to get them out, though you then have a
    problem of exporting them from Messenger. It appears the CTT is an XML
    format, so you might have some mileage extracting them directly (eg perhaps
    you can persuade Excel to parse the XML as a table).

    On the subject, use a generic SIP softphone configured for Voipstunt - that
    way, it's easy to change provider when they put their prices up (which they
    have - you may well find one of their sister brands is cheaper now). The
    only thing the Windows Voipstunt (etc) client is useful for is registering
    numbers for CLID - do that once and everything else can be done via a
    softphone and the website. I find X-lite version 2 (not version 3) good (if
    a bit quirky), but YMMV.

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Sep 3, 2010