    small LAN with USB phones to communicate with a few remote users. Any
    help/tips? TIA.

    -JS

    Devouru, Sep 2, 2005

  2. On 09/02/2005 11:24 PM, Devouru wrote:
    > I would like to setup a VOIP server to provide service to stations on a
    > small LAN with USB phones to communicate with a few remote users. Any
    > help/tips? TIA.

    Asterisk open source iPBX could be your best bet, have a look at
    http://www.asterisk.org/ and
    http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk

    Another such open source project is YATE at http://yate.null.ro/

    Both of these support many a kinds of like H.323, SIP, IAX and skinny
    VoIP phones, asterisk is much more mature where as YATE is new one.

    In addition to these you may need OpenH323 Gatekeeper available at
    http://www.gnugk.org/ also, for those of your users who love using H.323
    based clients and, or soft phones like gnomemeeting, netmeeting, SJPhone
    and ohphone.

    Hope that helps,

    --
    Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
    CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192

    Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman, Sep 2, 2005

  3. Devouru

    Devouru Guest

    Thankx for the reply. I have alook at it. Any more robust (feature) packed
    options?

    -JS

    "Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Devouru, Sep 2, 2005
  4. Devouru

    Guest

    One Word:

    Asterisk

    Devouru wrote:
    > I would like to setup a VOIP server to provide service to stations on a
    > small LAN with USB phones to communicate with a few remote users. Any
    > help/tips? TIA.
    >
    > -JS

    , Sep 3, 2005
  5. On 09/03/2005 03:40 AM, Devouru wrote:
    > Thankx for the reply. I have alook at it. Any more robust (feature) packed
    > options?

    You're Welcome!

    Yeah, there are lot based on Asterisk, like
    http://www.wifi.com.ar/english/voip.html,
    http://www.fonosip.com/english/sipphones.html

    Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman, Sep 3, 2005
  6. Devouru

    C:\\Marko Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > One Word:
    >
    > Asterisk

    www.asterisk.org
    www.asteriskathome.com

    You can buy a cheap grandstream hard phones for each desk. They're quite
    good baggin for the price :)

    Marko

    C:\\Marko, Sep 30, 2005
  7. "C:\\Marko" <> writes:
    > You can buy a cheap grandstream hard phones for each desk. They're quite
    > good baggin for the price :)

    I really like the voice quality of the Grandstreams Budgetone
    especially when talking Grandstream to Grandstream with the wideband
    codec enabled. It is noticeably better sound than one gets from POTS.
    It definitely beats the sound quality of the Sipura stuff I have
    (Sipura-3000 ATA, Sipura-841 desk phone), which is just so-so POTS (or
    worse.)

    VOIP can sound better than POTS. It just depends on us rewarding
    companies that put in the effort to do it. Clearly it doesn't have to
    cost more (as Grandstream has shown). It is mostly just a matter of
    the correct code being put into the firmware.

    -wolfgang
    Microsoft Vista - because "Virus Installer" was too long.

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Sep 30, 2005