    much i'll be going to pay for
    thanks
    robert

    robert, May 8, 2005

  2. robert

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "robert" <> wrote in message
    news:4zpfe.871231$...
    > dear all, i need to call very often europe (west), USA and China: what
    > VoIP company do you think should fit better for me?
    > I'm looking for a flat rate, so at the end of month, i already know how
    > much i'll be going to pay for
    > thanks
    > robert

    If you're calling the UK or Germany often you might benefit from a UK or
    German number from www.sipgate.co.uk

    Note if you want a normal geographic UK number you must register from a UK
    IP address.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 8, 2005

  3. >dear all, i need to call very often europe (west), USA and China: what
    >VoIP company do you think should fit better for me?
    >I'm looking for a flat rate, so at the end of month, i already know how
    >much i'll be going to pay for

    The Broadvoice $19.95 plan includes all the big countries in western
    Europe as well as China and Taiwan. The $24.95 plan adds the rest of
    western Europe and some other countries. See www.broadvoice.com.

    Nobody's flat rate plan includes calls to mobile phones outside North
    America, since the carrier has to pay a surcharge that they pass along
    to you.

    John R. Levine, May 8, 2005

  4. > The Broadvoice $19.95 plan includes all the big countries in western
    > Europe as well as China and Taiwan. The $24.95 plan adds the rest of
    > western Europe and some other countries. See www.broadvoice.com.

    Are these plans really a good deal for most folks when compared to the
    ala carte plans at 1 to 2 cents/minute? I guess I can't picture a
    situation where I'd be spending over 1,000 minutes on the phone per
    month when averaged over the whole year.

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, May 8, 2005
  5. robert

    Guest

    Where do you make the most calls to, is it primarily within the US, or
    outside. I see you call W. Europe and China a lot, but my question is
    whether those areas comprise the majority of your calls?

    , May 9, 2005
  6. robert

    robert Guest

    This means that i can call west EU, Usa and China with a flat rate?
    Also the mobile phone in usa?
    DO i ned anything (apart my broadband connection) to subscribe to this
    service?
    thanks a lot
    robert

    robert, May 10, 2005
  7. >This means that i can call west EU, Usa and China with a flat rate?

    Why don't you visit www.broadvoice.com and find out?

    >Also the mobile phone in usa?

    Calls to North American mobiles are no different from calls to North
    American landlines. We don't use the caller overpays scheme that most
    of the rest of the world does.

    --
    Regards,
    John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 330 5711

    John R. Levine, May 10, 2005
  8. robert

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 10 May 2005, John R. Levine writes
    >>This means that i can call west EU, Usa and China with a flat rate?

    >Why don't you visit www.broadvoice.com and find out?
    >
    >>Also the mobile phone in usa?

    >Calls to North American mobiles are no different from calls to North
    >American landlines. We don't use the caller overpays scheme that most
    >of the rest of the world does.

    And we don't have to pay for receiving unwanted calls on our mobiles.

    I know which I would prefer.

    DF

    David Floyd, May 10, 2005
  9. Re: the mobile charge argument, voip rates!

    >>Calls to North American mobiles are no different from calls to North
    >>American landlines. We don't use the caller overpays scheme that most
    >>of the rest of the world does.

    >And we don't have to pay for receiving unwanted calls on our mobiles.
    >
    >I know which I would prefer.

    Having mobile numbers in both the US and Switzerland, and observing
    that my US mobile rate package has a monthly bundle with more minutes
    than I ever use, I can report from experience the US charging scheme
    wins big. (Technically, we have our problems with at least three
    incompatible systems, but that's a separate issue from the rates.) We
    also have the option to port numbers back and forth between landline
    and mobile, which will never happen in caller-pays land.

    The problem with caller pays is that there's no competitive price
    pressure on incoming rates, so they all stay way overpriced. My US
    monthly bundle gives me 1250 minutes for $30, which would be under 3
    cpm if I used them all. At that price, I don't care about the
    occasional wrong number.

    R's,
    John

    John R. Levine, May 10, 2005
  10. robert

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    > In message of Tue, 10 May 2005, John R. Levine writes
    >>>This means that i can call west EU, Usa and China with a flat rate?

    >>Why don't you visit www.broadvoice.com and find out?
    >>
    >>>Also the mobile phone in usa?

    >>Calls to North American mobiles are no different from calls to North
    >>American landlines. We don't use the caller overpays scheme that most
    >>of the rest of the world does.
    >>

    > And we don't have to pay for receiving unwanted calls on our mobiles.
    >
    > I know which I would prefer.

    Given that most US mobile plans have more minutes included than you can
    ever use, the use of a few of them for the odd unwanted call is minimal
    and more than offset by the advantage to the caller of not paying through
    the nose.

    I wish the US option was available here.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 10, 2005