    out a site I can read a less technical analysis and more human interest?

    Thank you in advance!

    Joanna

    Joanna Thompson, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Joanna Thompson

    :-\) Guest

    "Joanna Thompson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have been reading this forum for a while and decided to try out Sipgate
    >(the price was right!). Thanks to reading some of the helpful advice (and
    >some of the unhelpful, time-wasting trolling) I managed to get everything
    >working well.
    >
    > I have a couple of questions that I hope someone will be kind enough to
    > answer:
    >
    > I have a VoIP router with 2 lines and I want to add a couple of more.
    > Would I need to do something special like forward ports or would the VoIP
    > router know they are calls and route them properly?
    >
    > I am interested in technology, but want to learn more of the human side of
    > things (like interesting things people can do with VoIP). Can someone
    > point out a site I can read a less technical analysis and more human
    > interest?
    >
    > Thank you in advance!
    >
    > Joanna

    wait till you have problems with sipgate doll, as ever if its free people
    will sign up to it but what you will fnd is piss poor service and piss poor
    customer ,even non existent customer service.

    vonage are the best

    :-\), Aug 17, 2005

  3. Joanna Thompson

    Nira Portman Guest

    ":)" <> wrote in message

    > "Joanna Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > >I have been reading this forum for a while and decided to try out Sipgate
    > >(the price was right!). Thanks to reading some of the helpful advice

    (and
    > >some of the unhelpful, time-wasting trolling) I managed to get everything
    > >working well.
    > >
    > > I have a couple of questions that I hope someone will be kind enough to
    > > answer:
    > >
    > > I have a VoIP router with 2 lines and I want to add a couple of more.
    > > Would I need to do something special like forward ports or would the

    VoIP
    > > router know they are calls and route them properly?
    > >
    > > I am interested in technology, but want to learn more of the human side

    of
    > > things (like interesting things people can do with VoIP). Can someone
    > > point out a site I can read a less technical analysis and more human
    > > interest?
    > >
    > > Thank you in advance!
    > >
    > > Joanna
    > >

    > wait till you have problems with sipgate doll, as ever if its free people
    > will sign up to it but what you will fnd is piss poor service and piss

    poor
    > customer ,even non existent customer service.
    >
    > vonage are the best

    I've always had excellent service with Sipgate. Four support mails all
    answered quickly and professionally, so I don't know why you think there is
    piss poor service. You are right about piss poor customers though, but I
    think all of the piss poor ones moved to Vonage. Don't pay any attention to
    this troll Joanna, he sounds about as dumb as a box of rocks!

    Nira Portman

    Nira Portman, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Joanna Thompson

    Guest Guest

    "Nira Portman" <> wrote in message

    > ":)" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Joanna Thompson" <> wrote in message
    >> >I have been reading this forum for a while and decided to try out
    >> >Sipgate
    >> >(the price was right!). Thanks to reading some of the helpful advice

    > (and
    >> >some of the unhelpful, time-wasting trolling) I managed to get
    >> >everything
    >> >working well.
    >> >
    >> > I have a couple of questions that I hope someone will be kind enough to
    >> > answer:
    >> >
    >> > I have a VoIP router with 2 lines and I want to add a couple of more.
    >> > Would I need to do something special like forward ports or would the

    > VoIP
    >> > router know they are calls and route them properly?
    >> >
    >> > I am interested in technology, but want to learn more of the human side

    > of
    >> > things (like interesting things people can do with VoIP). Can someone
    >> > point out a site I can read a less technical analysis and more human
    >> > interest?
    >> >
    >> > Thank you in advance!
    >> >
    >> > Joanna
    >> >

    >> wait till you have problems with sipgate doll, as ever if its free people
    >> will sign up to it but what you will fnd is piss poor service and piss

    > poor
    >> customer ,even non existent customer service.
    >>
    >> vonage are the best
    >>

    > I've always had excellent service with Sipgate. Four support mails all
    > answered quickly and professionally, so I don't know why you think there
    > is
    > piss poor service. You are right about piss poor customers though, but I
    > think all of the piss poor ones moved to Vonage. Don't pay any attention
    > this troll Joanna, he sounds about as dumb as a box of rocks!
    >
    > Nira Portman

    if you say so nira lovey ps nice name

    Guest, Aug 17, 2005
  5. Joanna Thompson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Nira Portman" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > I've always had excellent service with Sipgate. Four
    > support mails all answered quickly and professionally, so
    > I don't know why you think there is piss poor service.
    > You are right about piss poor customers though, but I
    > think all of the piss poor ones moved to Vonage. Don't
    > pay any attention to this troll Joanna, he sounds about
    > as dumb as a box of rocks!
    >
    > Nira Portman

    Stefan is the group troll, pay him no attention. He claims to have shares
    in Vonage, hence his plugging of them at every opportunity.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 17, 2005
  6. Ivor Jones wrote:

    > Stefan is the group troll, pay him no attention. He claims to have shares
    > in Vonage, hence his plugging of them at every opportunity.
    >
    > Ivor

    AFAICT Vonage Holdings Corp haven't been floated, It's the only us long
    distance carrier I can find that doesn't have an NYSE or Nasdaq listing.
    (this market sector has more-or less collapsed over the last 5 years).

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 17, 2005
  7. Joanna Thompson

    Mike Guest

    :) wrote:
    > "Joanna Thompson" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have been reading this forum for a while and decided to try out Sipgate
    >>(the price was right!). Thanks to reading some of the helpful advice (and
    >>some of the unhelpful, time-wasting trolling) I managed to get everything
    >>working well.
    >>
    >>I have a couple of questions that I hope someone will be kind enough to
    >>answer:
    >>
    >>I have a VoIP router with 2 lines and I want to add a couple of more.
    >>Would I need to do something special like forward ports or would the VoIP
    >>router know they are calls and route them properly?
    >>
    >>I am interested in technology, but want to learn more of the human side of
    >>things (like interesting things people can do with VoIP). Can someone
    >>point out a site I can read a less technical analysis and more human
    >>interest?
    >>
    >>Thank you in advance!
    >>
    >>Joanna
    >>

    > wait till you have problems with sipgate doll, as ever if its free people
    > will sign up to it but what you will fnd is piss poor service and piss poor
    > customer ,even non existent customer service.
    >
    > vonage are the best

    You have said in the past that you have shares in Vonage. Whats the
    symbol? I wanted to take a look and I can't find them listed in London,
    New York or NASDAQ. I also can't find any information that they have
    actually gone public. As far as I can see they are still privately owned
    and funded by venture capital.

    Mike, Aug 17, 2005
  8. Joanna Thompson

    Mike Guest

    Thomas Rankin wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >

    >> Stefan is the group troll, pay him no attention. He claims to have
    >> shares in Vonage, hence his plugging of them at every opportunity.
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > AFAICT Vonage Holdings Corp haven't been floated,

    Thats what I thought.

    Mike, Aug 17, 2005
  9. Joanna Thompson

    Guest Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > Thomas Rankin wrote:
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>

    >>> Stefan is the group troll, pay him no attention. He claims to have
    >>> shares in Vonage, hence his plugging of them at every opportunity.
    >>>
    >>> Ivor
    >>>

    >> AFAICT Vonage Holdings Corp haven't been floated,

    > Thats what I thought.

    who said anything about buying my shares through a public offering, it
    always pays to know certain people :)

    Guest, Aug 17, 2005
  10. Joanna Thompson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "<£>" <> wrote in message
    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > > Thomas Rankin wrote:

    > > > AFAICT Vonage Holdings Corp haven't been floated,

    > > Thats what I thought.

    > who said anything about buying my shares through a public
    > offering, it always pays to know certain people :)

    Yeah, right. I think I just saw a flying pig.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 17, 2005
  11. Joanna Thompson

    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> "<£>" <> wrote in message
    >> > "Mike" <> wrote in message

    >> > who said anything about buying my shares through a public
    >> > offering, it always pays to know certain people :)

    >> Yeah, right. I think I just saw a flying pig.
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > A lying pig is more like it! They would actually have to break several
    > SEC
    > rules to do that Stefan. I will happily call the SEC and turn you in for
    > International Securities Fraud!

    if you say so love but do i care a fig what you think nope lol

    report me go on i dare you lol i have nothing to hide and have done nothing
    wrong, its sad that you appear to have turned into another net cop

    PS You and ivor jones would make a good couple

    Guest, Aug 17, 2005
  12. Joanna Thompson

    Nira Portman Guest

    Nira Portman, Aug 17, 2005
  13. Joanna Thompson

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:31:28 +0100, Mike <>
    wrote:

    >:) wrote:
    >> "Joanna Thompson" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have been reading this forum for a while and decided to try out Sipgate
    >>>(the price was right!). Thanks to reading some of the helpful advice (and
    >>>some of the unhelpful, time-wasting trolling) I managed to get everything
    >>>working well.
    >>>
    >>>I have a couple of questions that I hope someone will be kind enough to
    >>>answer:
    >>>
    >>>I have a VoIP router with 2 lines and I want to add a couple of more.
    >>>Would I need to do something special like forward ports or would the VoIP
    >>>router know they are calls and route them properly?
    >>>
    >>>I am interested in technology, but want to learn more of the human side of
    >>>things (like interesting things people can do with VoIP). Can someone
    >>>point out a site I can read a less technical analysis and more human
    >>>interest?
    >>>
    >>>Thank you in advance!
    >>>
    >>>Joanna
    >>>

    >> wait till you have problems with sipgate doll, as ever if its free people
    >> will sign up to it but what you will fnd is piss poor service and piss poor
    >> customer ,even non existent customer service.
    >>
    >> vonage are the best

    >You have said in the past that you have shares in Vonage. Whats the
    >symbol? I wanted to take a look and I can't find them listed in London,
    >New York or NASDAQ. I also can't find any information that they have
    >actually gone public. As far as I can see they are still privately owned
    >and funded by venture capital.

    It wouldn't necessarily have to be a publicly listed company for him
    to own shares in it.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Aug 17, 2005
  14. "Chris Blunt" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:31:28 +0100, Mike <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >:) wrote:
    > >> "Joanna Thompson" <> wrote in message

    Sipgate

    (and

    everything

    VoIP

    of

    > >> wait till you have problems with sipgate doll, as ever if its free

    people
    > >> will sign up to it but what you will fnd is piss poor service and piss

    poor
    > >> customer ,even non existent customer service.
    > >>
    > >> vonage are the best

    > >You have said in the past that you have shares in Vonage. Whats the
    > >symbol? I wanted to take a look and I can't find them listed in London,
    > >New York or NASDAQ. I also can't find any information that they have
    > >actually gone public. As far as I can see they are still privately owned
    > >and funded by venture capital.

    > It wouldn't necessarily have to be a publicly listed company for him
    > to own shares in it.
    >
    > Chris

    True, but the costs and legal complications (the shares would likely be
    restricted shares), all for only a few thousand shares? Perhaps he is
    sleeping with the CEO of Vonage! That might explain it!

    E.R. Robinson, Aug 17, 2005
  15. Joanna Thompson

    Mike Guest

    <£> wrote:
    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Thomas Rankin wrote:

    >>>AFAICT Vonage Holdings Corp haven't been floated,

    >>Thats what I thought.

    > who said anything about buying my shares through a public offering, it
    > always pays to know certain people :)

    So in that case you have to be a close personal friend or business
    associate of a director of Vonage to be able to buy shares in their
    privately owned company. I certainly wouldn't part with shares to my
    private company to anyone I didn't know very well indeed. Perhaps we
    should drop a note to Jeffrey Citron and let him know what a Vonage
    representative is doing and saying in here? If you are known to him,
    then I'm sure he will have a few words to say to you. If however you are
    not, I'm sure their lawyers will want to write you a letter.

    You could also I suppose be one of the Venture Capitalists investing in
    Vonage in exchange for shares. In my dealings with VC's I have found
    that they tend to be a bit brighter than you appear to be. They also
    don't go around bragging about their investments and what pies they have
    their fingers in for very obvious reasons.

    The third option is that you are talking complete bollocks and living in
    a dream world.

    Mike, Aug 17, 2005
  16. Joanna Thompson

    Guest Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > <£> wrote:
    >> "Mike" <> wrote in message

    >>>Thats what I thought.

    >> who said anything about buying my shares through a public offering, it
    >> always pays to know certain people :)

    > So in that case you have to be a close personal friend or business
    > associate of a director of Vonage to be able to buy shares in their
    > privately owned company. I certainly wouldn't part with shares to my
    > private company to anyone I didn't know very well indeed. Perhaps we
    > should drop a note to Jeffrey Citron and let him know what a Vonage
    > representative is doing and saying in here? If you are known to him, then
    > I'm sure he will have a few words to say to you. If however you are not,
    > I'm sure their lawyers will want to write you a letter.
    >
    > You could also I suppose be one of the Venture Capitalists investing in
    > Vonage in exchange for shares. In my dealings with VC's I have found that
    > they tend to be a bit brighter than you appear to be. They also don't go
    > around bragging about their investments and what pies they have their
    > fingers in for very obvious reasons.
    >
    > The third option is that you are talking complete bollocks and living in a
    > dream world.

    bwaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh stop throwing the dummy out just because i have and
    you dont bwaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

    Guest, Aug 17, 2005
  17. Joanna Thompson

    Mike Guest

    <£> wrote:
    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    >
    >><£> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Mike" <> wrote in message

    >>>who said anything about buying my shares through a public offering, it
    >>>always pays to know certain people :)

    >>So in that case you have to be a close personal friend or business
    >>associate of a director of Vonage to be able to buy shares in their
    >>privately owned company. I certainly wouldn't part with shares to my
    >>private company to anyone I didn't know very well indeed. Perhaps we
    >>should drop a note to Jeffrey Citron and let him know what a Vonage
    >>representative is doing and saying in here? If you are known to him, then
    >>I'm sure he will have a few words to say to you. If however you are not,
    >>I'm sure their lawyers will want to write you a letter.
    >>
    >>You could also I suppose be one of the Venture Capitalists investing in
    >>Vonage in exchange for shares. In my dealings with VC's I have found that
    >>they tend to be a bit brighter than you appear to be. They also don't go
    >>around bragging about their investments and what pies they have their
    >>fingers in for very obvious reasons.
    >>
    >>The third option is that you are talking complete bollocks and living in a
    >>dream world.
    >>

    > bwaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh stop throwing the dummy out just because i have and
    > you dont bwaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

    The fact that one can never get a reasoned, sensible and concise answer
    out of you just keeps leading me to the same conclusion; You are talking
    complete bollocks and living in a dream world.

    I invite you to change my opinion.

    Mike, Aug 17, 2005
  18. Joanna Thompson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "<£>" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > bwaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh stop throwing the dummy out just
    > because i have and you dont bwaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

    Case for the proscution rests, my Lord.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 17, 2005
  19. Joanna Thompson

    Guest Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > <£> wrote:
    >> "Mike" <> wrote in message

    >>>So in that case you have to be a close personal friend or business
    >>>associate of a director of Vonage to be able to buy shares in their
    >>>privately owned company. I certainly wouldn't part with shares to my
    >>>private company to anyone I didn't know very well indeed. Perhaps we
    >>>should drop a note to Jeffrey Citron and let him know what a Vonage
    >>>representative is doing and saying in here? If you are known to him, then
    >>>I'm sure he will have a few words to say to you. If however you are not,
    >>>I'm sure their lawyers will want to write you a letter.
    >>>
    >>>You could also I suppose be one of the Venture Capitalists investing in
    >>>Vonage in exchange for shares. In my dealings with VC's I have found that
    >>>they tend to be a bit brighter than you appear to be. They also don't go
    >>>around bragging about their investments and what pies they have their
    >>>fingers in for very obvious reasons.
    >>>
    >>>The third option is that you are talking complete bollocks and living in
    >>>a dream world.
    >>>

    >> bwaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh stop throwing the dummy out just because i have
    >> and you dont bwaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

    > The fact that one can never get a reasoned, sensible and concise answer
    > out of you just keeps leading me to the same conclusion; You are talking
    > complete bollocks and living in a dream world.
    >
    > I invite you to change my opinion.

    one does not have to rpve anything to you lovey, like your opinion counts
    anyway

    Guest, Aug 17, 2005
  20. Joanna Thompson

    Steve Loft Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > The third option is that you are talking complete bollocks and living in
    > a dream world.

    I've encountered Stefan in other newsgroups and he clearly has some
    "issues". It's probably kindest if everyone just tries to ignore him,
    but he really ought to seek out some professional help.
    --
    Steve Loft

    Steve Loft, Aug 17, 2005