    Do you have to use wired hardware with any/all of the providers?

    TIA
    Stan

    Stan, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Stan

    PhilT Guest

    "1. Which provider do I go for??? I'm anticipating only a small amount
    of
    outgoing calls mainly incoming. "

    what sort of incoming number do you want - geographical, 0845, 087x etc

    "2. It would be great to use my Bluetooth headset with my laptop for
    calls.
    Do you have to use wired hardware with any/all of the providers?"

    It would ? each to his own. You can use software phones with virtually
    all providers.

    Phil

    PhilT, Apr 4, 2006

  3. Stan

    Brian A Guest

    On 4 Apr 2006 01:07:07 -0700, "PhilT" <> wrote:

    >"1. Which provider do I go for??? I'm anticipating only a small amount
    >of
    >outgoing calls mainly incoming. "

    On the incoming side I'd go for voipfone.co.uk
    Good voicemail, call waiting, 1471, caller display and a relatively
    reliable service.
    Outgoing: Depends what you want to do. You can keep shopping around.
    For example. If you register with sipdiscount.com the current rate for
    UK calls is FREE. I don't know how reliable they are. The subscription
    expires too but if you make plenty of calls over the period then
    you'll be in pocket.
    voip.co.uk is worth looking at too.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Apr 4, 2006
  4. Stan

    Jono Guest

    PhilT wrote :
    > "1. Which provider do I go for??? I'm anticipating only a small amount
    > of
    > outgoing calls mainly incoming. "
    >
    > what sort of incoming number do you want - geographical, 0845, 087x etc
    >
    > "2. It would be great to use my Bluetooth headset with my laptop for
    > calls.
    > Do you have to use wired hardware with any/all of the providers?"
    >
    > It would ? each to his own. You can use software phones with virtually
    > all providers.
    >
    > Phil

    What've you done to your newsreader's quoting settings? Finding very
    difficult to distinguish your comments from the original post.

    :')

    Jono, Apr 4, 2006
  5. Stan

    PhilT Guest

    "What've you done to your newsreader's quoting settings? Finding very
    difficult to distinguish your comments from the original post."

    www.specsavers.co.uk

    The quotes were between quotes " " :)

    Its Google Groups I'm trying out. Not a proper newsreader.

    Phil

    PhilT, Apr 5, 2006
  6. Stan

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "PhilT" <> wrote in message
    > "What've you done to your newsreader's quoting settings?
    > Finding very difficult to distinguish your comments from
    > the original post."
    >
    > www.specsavers.co.uk
    >
    > The quotes were between quotes " " :)
    >
    > Its Google Groups I'm trying out. Not a proper newsreader.
    >
    > Phil

    Moira Stewart, now *there's* a proper newsreader ;-)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 5, 2006