    TIA

    --
    Mark

    Mark, May 11, 2005

  2. On Wed, 11 May 2005 07:55:08 +0100, Mark <>
    wrote:

    >I'm looking for a SIP-based provider with incoming geo number for a
    >small fee of up to a few pounds per month.
    >
    >Not too bothered about bundled minutes (it's for business use when
    >working from home).
    >
    >JustDial Voip almost fits the bill but they don't support per-line or
    >per call CLI withold.
    >
    >Other must-haves are call diversion, multi-party calls and voicemail.
    >
    >Any suggestions? Gradwell?
    >
    >TIA

    Hi Mark,

    I use Gradwell for VoIP, and though not the cheapest around, they do
    offer a good package, however I don't see in the control panel where
    you can disable CLI .... email their support team, they are very
    helpful.

    For each external number purchased, you get 10 extensions to use - I
    have one configured as a 'hunt group' which dials 3 different VoIP
    telephones (I call it 'reception') and then the 3 of us also have our
    internal extension numbers we can use to dial each other, transfer
    calls etc.

    We went for a geographic number rather than the less expensive 087x
    numbers, but think the options are the same for both.

    Regards,

    Robin

    Robin Grayson, May 11, 2005

  3. Mark

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    In news:,
    Robin Grayson <> pop his head above the parapit and spewed
    forth:
    || On Wed, 11 May 2005 07:55:08 +0100, Mark <>
    || wrote:
    ||| I'm looking for a SIP-based provider with incoming geo number for a
    ||| small fee of up to a few pounds per month.
    ||| Not too bothered about bundled minutes (it's for business use when
    ||| working from home).
    ||| JustDial Voip almost fits the bill but they don't support per-line or
    ||| per call CLI withold.
    ||| Other must-haves are call diversion, multi-party calls and voicemail.
    ||| Any suggestions? Gradwell?
    ||| TIA
    || Hi Mark,
    || I use Gradwell for VoIP, and though not the cheapest around, they do
    || offer a good package, however I don't see in the control panel where
    || you can disable CLI .... email their support team, they are very
    || helpful.
    || For each external number purchased, you get 10 extensions to use - I
    || have one configured as a 'hunt group' which dials 3 different VoIP
    || telephones (I call it 'reception') and then the 3 of us also have our
    || internal extension numbers we can use to dial each other, transfer
    || calls etc.
    || We went for a geographic number rather than the less expensive 087x
    || numbers, but think the options are the same for both.
    || Regards,
    || Robin

    Sipgate give a FREE geographical number. They also do voicemail, and CLID
    withhold. All for FREE!
    https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/index.php

    ^^artnada^^, May 11, 2005
  4. Mark

    Ian Guest

    "^^artnada^^" <> wrote in message
    > In news:,
    > Robin Grayson <> pop his head above the parapit and spewed
    > forth:
    > || Hi Mark,
    > || I use Gradwell for VoIP, and though not the cheapest around, they do
    > || offer a good package, however I don't see in the control panel where
    > || you can disable CLI .... email their support team, they are very
    > || helpful.
    > || For each external number purchased, you get 10 extensions to use - I
    > || have one configured as a 'hunt group' which dials 3 different VoIP
    > || telephones (I call it 'reception') and then the 3 of us also have our
    > || internal extension numbers we can use to dial each other, transfer
    > || calls etc.
    > || We went for a geographic number rather than the less expensive 087x
    > || numbers, but think the options are the same for both.
    > || Regards,
    > || Robin
    >
    > Sipgate give a FREE geographical number. They also do voicemail, and CLID
    > withhold. All for FREE!
    > https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/index.php

    And they also do not give a "business" quality service, support incoming
    DTMF and support IAX.

    Ian, May 11, 2005
  5. Mark

    Mark Guest

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 07:42:52 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
    <> wrote:

    [8<]

    >Sipgate give a FREE geographical number. They also do voicemail, and CLID
    >withhold. All for FREE!
    >https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/index.php

    If the poor recent history documented in newsgroups is remotely
    reflective of their service, then how can (or why should) I rely on
    them?

    --
    Mark

    Mark, May 11, 2005
  6. Robin Grayson wrote:

    > I use Gradwell for VoIP, and though not the cheapest around, they do
    > offer a good package, however I don't see in the control panel where
    > you can disable CLI .... email their support team, they are very
    > helpful.

    You can dial 141 as a prefix to do it per-call. We could easily add an
    option to do it per-line if there was demand for it.

    --
    Ben Smithurst gradwell dot com Ltd
    Systems Developer http://bensmithurst.com/ http://www.gradwell.com/

    Ben Smithurst, May 11, 2005
  7. On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:09:39 +0100, Mark <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 11 May 2005 07:42:52 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >[8<]
    >

    >>Sipgate give a FREE geographical number. They also do voicemail, and CLID
    >>withhold. All for FREE!
    >>https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/index.php

    >If the poor recent history documented in newsgroups is remotely
    >reflective of their service, then how can (or why should) I rely on
    >them?

    Gradwell do a free trial ... I'd suggest trying it and see if it works
    for you. I believe you can choose any geographic area code, and is
    free for the first 3 months, then £4.00 thereafter.

    I have no complaints of them, and you often find replies to support
    queries throughout the night, not just business hours

    I just wish I had an ADSL router that prioritised VoIP traffic, like
    the draytek!

    Regards,
    Robin

    PS I don't work for gradwell, I'm just a user of their VoIP centrex
    service.

    Robin Grayson, May 11, 2005