    range of numbers is useful.

    Thanks
    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Jul 3, 2012

  2. Theo Markettos

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <HBk*>, Theo Markettos
    <> scribeth thus
    >Can anyone recommend a VOIP calls provider that does 0871 at the standard BT
    >rates? For example, 0871 772 is a '7p/min' number, but Sipgate will charge
    >a blanket 10p/min and Gradwell 12p/min. Often Betamax and friends don't
    >bother at all.
    >
    >Would be good if it could do 09 too (eg 0911 922 is 13p/min at BT).
    >
    >I'm looking for a 'BT replacement' provider, so ability to call the full
    >range of numbers is useful.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Theo

    I don't think there is one apart from saynoto0870 which for most all
    of the time comes up with the right numbers, sometimes freefone ones;)..

    We've ported our main number to VoIPfone and since then call quality
    excellent and cost a lot lower, divert to any number if main link falls
    over etc and very good customer service:)...

    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Jul 4, 2012

  3. Theo Markettos

    Loony Guest

    On 04/07/2012 13:14, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
    > "Theo Markettos"<> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone recommend a VOIP calls provider that does 0871 at the standard
    >> BT
    >> rates? For example, 0871 772 is a '7p/min' number, but Sipgate will
    >> charge
    >> a blanket 10p/min and Gradwell 12p/min. Often Betamax and friends don't
    >> bother at all.

    > 0870 is 8p/min (peak) and 0871 10p/min (24/7).
    >

    >> Would be good if it could do 09 too (eg 0911 922 is 13p/min at BT).
    >>
    >> I'm looking for a 'BT replacement' provider, so ability to call the full
    >> range of numbers is useful.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Theo

    Hello Experts :)

    I am also stuck with Bt. How to get out and get better deals financially?

    TIA
    Loony, Jul 4, 2012
  4. Theo Markettos

    Loony Guest

    On 05/07/2012 12:13, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
    > "Loony"<> wrote in message
    >> On 04/07/2012 13:14, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
    >>> "Theo Markettos"<> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> 0870 is 8p/min (peak) and 0871 10p/min (24/7).

    >> Hello Experts :)
    >>
    >> I am also stuck with Bt. How to get out and get better deals financially?

    > Prefix dialling.
    >
    > VOIP
    >

    >> TIA

    Thanks R. Mark.

    I have my SIP aliases -------- @iptel.org, etc.

    Would that help to get away from Bt?

    TIA
    Loony, Jul 5, 2012
  5. Loony <> wrote:
    > I have my SIP aliases -------- @iptel.org, etc.
    >
    > Would that help to get away from Bt?

    Not much. You need at least one inbound (DID) number, one or more outbound
    routes for calls, and something to operate them (eg a physical ATA and
    phone, or a softphone [perhaps on a mobile]).

    Only it turns out to be tricky to find sensibly-priced routes for all the
    things you can route from BT. For example if you really do have to call
    Cheap'n'NastyTat'R'us' customer services one day on their 09... number. Or
    some family member decides they really must vote for contestants on
    X-Factor. Or whatever. Which is where we came in.

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Jul 6, 2012
  6. Theo Markettos

    Graham. Guest

    On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 22:28:18 +0100, Loony <> wrote:

    >On 05/07/2012 12:13, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
    >> "Loony"<> wrote in message

    >>> Hello Experts :)
    >>>
    >>> I am also stuck with Bt. How to get out and get better deals financially?

    >> Prefix dialling.
    >>
    >> VOIP
    >>

    >>> TIA

    >Thanks R. Mark.
    >
    >I have my SIP aliases -------- @iptel.org, etc.
    >
    >Would that help to get away from Bt?
    >
    >TIA

    If your broadband is delivered by xDSL you are stuck with paying line
    rental to BT or an alternative LLU voice provider, even you never use
    the line to make a chargeable call.
    That is my situation here.

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jul 6, 2012
  7. Theo Markettos

    News Reader Guest

    > Can anyone recommend a VOIP calls provider that does 0871 at the standard
    > BT
    > rates? For example, 0871 772 is a '7p/min' number, but Sipgate will
    > charge
    > a blanket 10p/min and Gradwell 12p/min. Often Betamax and friends don't
    > bother at all.
    >
    > Would be good if it could do 09 too (eg 0911 922 is 13p/min at BT).
    >
    > I'm looking for a 'BT replacement' provider, so ability to call the full
    > range of numbers is useful.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Theo

    Hi,

    Sorry not to be more helpful.

    Their are a number of VoIP providers who have (honoured) the full OFCOM ( /
    BT ) pricing, banding, agreements or allocations.

    Some are wholesale terminators. Their are also a number (of), several,
    retail ITSPs both UK and international, who provide full discretely or
    separately priced number range (access / or dialling [, etc.])
    (including a significant proportion at or below BT [ / OFCOM defined {,
    default} ] prices).

    If you are enthusiastic I will deliver a list of some, some examples -
    providers.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Jul 6, 2012
  8. News Reader <> wrote:
    > Their are a number of VoIP providers who have (honoured) the full OFCOM ( /
    > BT ) pricing, banding, agreements or allocations.
    >
    > If you are enthusiastic I will deliver a list of some, some examples -
    > providers.

    Thanks, that would be most interesting...

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Jul 6, 2012
  9. Theo Markettos

    Loony Guest

    On 06/07/2012 12:32, Theo Markettos wrote:
    > News Reader<> wrote:
    >> Their are a number of VoIP providers who have (honoured) the full OFCOM ( /
    >> BT ) pricing, banding, agreements or allocations.
    >>
    >> If you are enthusiastic I will deliver a list of some, some examples -
    >> providers.

    > Thanks, that would be most interesting...
    >
    > Theo

    Yes, it would.
    Loony, Jul 7, 2012
  10. Theo Markettos

    Soruk Guest

    On 2012-07-05, Graham <> wrote:
    > If your broadband is delivered by xDSL you are stuck with paying line
    > rental to BT or an alternative LLU voice provider, even you never use
    > the line to make a chargeable call.
    > That is my situation here.

    For that very reason I moved my line rental to Primus Line Rental Saver
    just over a year ago - £6.79/month. All my calls are made over VoIP or
    mobile. I don't use Primus's broadband - Demon works nicely for me.

    Matrix Dial: International Calls - http://www.matrixdial.co.uk/
    Soruk, Jul 7, 2012
  11. Theo Markettos

    Graham. Guest

    On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 15:54:58 +0100, Soruk
    <> wrote:

    >On 2012-07-05, Graham <> wrote:
    >> If your broadband is delivered by xDSL you are stuck with paying line
    >> rental to BT or an alternative LLU voice provider, even you never use
    >> the line to make a chargeable call.
    >> That is my situation here.

    >For that very reason I moved my line rental to Primus Line Rental Saver
    >just over a year ago - £6.79/month. All my calls are made over VoIP or
    >mobile. I don't use Primus's broadband - Demon works nicely for me.

    I can't see that deal on their website but I can see one if you sign
    up via homephonechoices.co.uk, except it's not 6.79, it's 6.29, so
    better than the £13.32 I am paying to BT including the charge for
    call waiting.

    I would need call waiting from Primus which is £2.50 and caller
    display isn't free, another £2.50 so that's now up to 11.29
    So I make that now only £2.03p/m advantage for me.

    Intresting exersise though.

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jul 7, 2012
  12. R. Mark Clayton wrote:
    > "Theo Markettos" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone recommend a VOIP calls provider that does 0871 at the standard
    >> BT
    >> rates? For example, 0871 772 is a '7p/min' number, but Sipgate will
    >> charge
    >> a blanket 10p/min and Gradwell 12p/min. Often Betamax and friends don't
    >> bother at all.

    > 0870 is 8p/min (peak) and 0871 10p/min (24/7).

    Are you sure? 0870 is 1p/min on voiptalk and 1.25/1/1 p/min on gradwell.

    Thomas Kenyon, Jul 13, 2012
  13. Theo Markettos

    News Reader Guest

    "News Reader" <> wrote in message

    > "Theo Markettos" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone recommend a VOIP calls provider that does 0871 at the standard
    >> BT
    >> rates? For example, 0871 772 is a '7p/min' number, but Sipgate will
    >> charge
    >> a blanket 10p/min and Gradwell 12p/min. Often Betamax and friends don't
    >> bother at all.
    >>
    >> Would be good if it could do 09 too (eg 0911 922 is 13p/min at BT).
    >>
    >> I'm looking for a 'BT replacement' provider, so ability to call the full
    >> range of numbers is useful.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Theo

    > Hi,
    >

    > Sorry not to be more helpful.
    >
    > Their are a number of VoIP providers who have (honoured) the full OFCOM
    > ( / BT ) pricing, banding, agreements or allocations.
    >
    > Some are wholesale terminators. Their are also a number (of), several,
    > retail ITSPs both UK and international, who provide full discretely or
    > separately priced number range (access / or dialling [, etc.])
    > (including a significant proportion at or below BT [ / OFCOM defined {,
    > default} ] prices).
    >
    > If you are enthusiastic I will deliver a list of some, some examples -
    > providers.
    >

    > Best wishes,
    >

    > News Reader

    Hi,

    Ok.

    Crap (Response): Their are many indexing services around. These contain the
    details of many ITSPs / VoIP Providers. Trawl (cast your net, throttle up
    your boat diesel engine).

    Also or further, many American operators seem to provide or oblige full rate
    mirroring (i.e. the OFCOM / BT rate [and / or] range brackets).

    E.g. :

    YourSearchEngine . site - ?s=VoIP+list

    VoIP Provider List - http://www.voipproviderslist.com/
    My VoIP Provider - http://www.myvoipprovider.com/
    VoIP List - http://www.voip-list.com/
    VoIP Review - http://www.voipreview.org/
    My VoIP Directory - http://www.myvoipdirectory.com/

    VoIP Info - http://www.voip-info.org/

    To enhance your (crap response) process or success (achievement, results)
    search the providers, find the (else those with) rate list, find UK or
    downloaded rate list, if large (i.e. many entries), they will be separately
    charging each of the defined NGN destinations (codes) (07/8 x series).

    Full Response: If you are very keen. I have forgotten, not got my index
    here, of those providers, sites, previously found (or identified) that
    facilitate this. Full access at good rates. Bu they do exist, are there.

    Thanks.

    Do (feel free to) provide progress update(s), feedback.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Jul 15, 2012
  14. Theo Markettos

    Graham. Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:51:45 +0100, alexd <>
    wrote:

    >News Reader (for it is he) wrote:
    >
    ><snip>
    >
    >Did you eat a thesaurus for breakfast?

    News Reader's style is well known, I just miss the tag line
    MESSAGE ENDS

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jul 15, 2012
  15. Theo Markettos

    Graham. Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 20:46:03 +0100, Graham. <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:51:45 +0100, alexd <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>News Reader (for it is he) wrote:
    >>
    >><snip>
    >>
    >>Did you eat a thesaurus for breakfast?

    >News Reader's style is well known, I just miss the tag line
    >MESSAGE ENDS

    As you were, that was John Porcella.

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jul 15, 2012
  16. News Reader <> wrote:
    > Full Response: If you are very keen. I have forgotten, not got my index
    > here, of those providers, sites, previously found (or identified) that
    > facilitate this. Full access at good rates. Bu they do exist, are there.

    Thanks. Useful to know that about US operators... but there's only
    thousands out there!

    Haven't found anything yet, but while trawling I came across:
    http://www.dellmont.info.pl/eng.html
    which is yet another Betamax and friends price comparison site.
    And this one:
    http://voipratetracker.com/
    has handy little rate graphs.

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Jul 15, 2012
  17. Theo Markettos

    News Reader Guest

    > News Reader <> wrote:
    >> Full Response: If you are very keen. I have forgotten, not got my index
    >> here, of those providers, sites, previously found (or identified) that
    >> facilitate this. Full access at good rates. Bu they do exist, are there.

    > Thanks. Useful to know that about US operators... but there's only
    > thousands out there!
    >
    > Haven't found anything yet, but while trawling I came across:
    > http://www.dellmont.info.pl/eng.html
    > which is yet another Betamax and friends price comparison site.
    > And this one:
    > http://voipratetracker.com/
    > has handy little rate graphs.
    >
    > Theo

    .... try the top ten or twenty wholesale providers / operators. (Further or
    otherwise) You can enquire from them who their primary customers, retail
    providers or commercial, industry sellers are.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Jul 16, 2012
  18. Theo Markettos

    News Reader Guest

    > News Reader <> wrote:
    >> Full Response: If you are very keen. I have forgotten, not got my index
    >> here, of those providers, sites, previously found (or identified) that
    >> facilitate this. Full access at good rates. Bu they do exist, are there.

    > Thanks. Useful to know that about US operators... but there's only
    > thousands out there!
    >
    > Haven't found anything yet, but while trawling I came across:
    > http://www.dellmont.info.pl/eng.html
    > which is yet another Betamax and friends price comparison site.
    > And this one:
    > http://voipratetracker.com/
    > has handy little rate graphs.
    >
    > Theo

    Hello,

    I will consider, and try to, follow up post with any / those I come across.
    (Could be significant, long ?, period of time).

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Jul 29, 2012
  19. News Reader <> wrote:
    > I will consider, and try to, follow up post with any / those I come across.
    > (Could be significant, long ?, period of time).

    Thanks, that would be useful. And not a problem if it takes a while :)

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Jul 29, 2012
  20. Theo Markettos

    Loony Guest

    On 06/07/2012 00:35, Theo Markettos wrote:
    > Loony<> wrote:
    >> I have my SIP aliases -------- @iptel.org, etc.
    >>
    >> Would that help to get away from Bt?

    > Not much. You need at least one inbound (DID) number, one or more outbound
    > routes for calls, and something to operate them (eg a physical ATA and
    > phone, or a softphone [perhaps on a mobile]).
    >
    > Only it turns out to be tricky to find sensibly-priced routes for all the
    > things you can route from BT. For example if you really do have to call
    > Cheap'n'NastyTat'R'us' customer services one day on their 09... number. Or
    > some family member decides they really must vote for contestants on
    > X-Factor. Or whatever. Which is where we came in.
    >
    > Theo

    Thank you Theo. I seem to be in a very complicated system.
    Loony, Aug 4, 2012