    Google doesn't come up with any others.

    Thanks.

    Marty

    Marty C, Mar 12, 2006

  2. Marty C

    news Guest

    In message <44144b5c$0$3631$>, Marty
    C <> writes
    >Does anyone have a recommendation for a SIP softphone which will run on
    >Windows Mobile 2005 (MDA Vario) please?
    >
    >Have tried SJ Phone but have found that the performance wasn't very good.
    >Google doesn't come up with any others.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Marty

    Marty,

    1. I assume you know about the X-Lite softphone? (But I don't know if it
    will run on Win Mobile 2005).

    2. I tried SJphone yesterday for the first time. The received audio
    quality was atrocious -- very "gritty" and "gravelly" sounding, and
    virtually unusable. Is this what you experienced?

    --
    Ian

    news, Mar 12, 2006

  3. Marty C

    Moonshine Guest

    On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:48:45 GMT, news <> wrote:

    >In message <44144b5c$0$3631$>, Marty
    >C <> writes
    >>Does anyone have a recommendation for a SIP softphone which will run on
    >>Windows Mobile 2005 (MDA Vario) please?
    >>
    >>Have tried SJ Phone but have found that the performance wasn't very good.
    >>Google doesn't come up with any others.
    >>
    >>Thanks.
    >>
    >>Marty
    >>

    >Marty,
    >
    >1. I assume you know about the X-Lite softphone? (But I don't know if it
    >will run on Win Mobile 2005).
    >
    >2. I tried SJphone yesterday for the first time. The received audio
    >quality was atrocious -- very "gritty" and "gravelly" sounding, and
    >virtually unusable. Is this what you experienced?

    Not sure if you are aware there is a beta of SJphone for WM5
    available...

    http://www.sjlabs.com/preview/ce/

    Its obviously not complete but there is hope that somthing is on the
    way that should work

    Moonshine, Mar 12, 2006
  4. Marty C

    Marty C Guest

    ">>1. I assume you know about the X-Lite softphone? (But I don't know if it
    >>will run on Win Mobile 2005).
    >>
    >>2. I tried SJphone yesterday for the first time. The received audio
    >>quality was atrocious -- very "gritty" and "gravelly" sounding, and
    >>virtually unusable. Is this what you experienced?

    > Not sure if you are aware there is a beta of SJphone for WM5
    > available...
    >
    > http://www.sjlabs.com/preview/ce/

    There isn't a version of X-Lite for WM2005. Since it costs USD29.99 and most
    PPC2003 programs don't seem to run under WM2005, I haven't tried it.

    Agree with you Ian that SJ Phone is virtually unusable and for the same
    reasons.

    I wasn't aware that there was a beta version of SJ Phone for WM2005. Am
    downloading it as I write and will let you know. Have you used it?

    By the way Moonshine, thanks for the steer re the SpeedTouch 716 v5 VOIP
    router. Have had it for a couple of weeks now and am very impressed. Sure,
    some people complain that it will only take one set of VOIP provider
    details, but if you just want a rock solid router with good wifi strength
    and only need the one provider, then it rocks. Especially for 75 quid. The
    (long) line has been a lot more stable as well.

    Thanks.

    Marty

    Marty C, Mar 12, 2006