    which is the bandwith taken if we speak to the phone together
    (the caller and the called) ?

    thank you for the support

    gmail, Oct 27, 2004

  2. gmail

    Pepperoni Guest

    "gmail" <> wrote in message
    news:KmTfd.29021$...
    > Hi
    >
    > for you is possible to use a Voip softphone with a
    > 640Kbps DSL connection but with a low pint and fast modality?
    >
    > Which is for you the minimum required as DSL connection and
    > which is the bandwith taken if we speak to the phone together
    > (the caller and the called) ?
    >
    > thank you for the support

    Why not test it with a friend? My cable connection just tested at 641K, it
    works fine. I have friends who use softphones at dialup speed. at least you
    will know what is "possible".

    Pepperoni, Oct 28, 2004

  3. gmail

    Dmitri Guest

    gmail wrote:

    > Hi

    > for you is possible to use a Voip softphone with a
    > 640Kbps DSL connection but with a low pint and fast modality?

    > Which is for you the minimum required as DSL connection and
    > which is the bandwith taken if we speak to the phone together
    > (the caller and the called) ?

    > thank you for the support

    Depending on compression used, it is possible to have an (arguably) decent
    quality call utilizing only 8Kbit/sec, so you should do just fine with
    your DSL provided by you do not download Win XP SP2 at the same time.
    Thanks, Microsoft for a 75MByte patch!

    --
    Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
    http://www.cabling-design.com

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forum

    Dmitri, Oct 28, 2004
  4. gmail

    Hank Karl Guest

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:16:40 +0200, "gmail" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >for you is possible to use a Voip softphone with a
    >640Kbps DSL connection but with a low pint and fast modality?

    Try www.testyourvoip.com

    Also, what is the upstream speed?

    Hank Karl, Oct 30, 2004