    the phone, then the Other Half might use it and save some $$ on the
    phone bill
    Geoff
    geoffm, Feb 21, 2005

  2. geoffm

    Gurble Guest

    On 21 Feb 2005 02:12:04 -0600, geoffm
    <> had this to say:

    >Is there anywhere in NZ that sells VoIP phones (instead of having to
    >use headphones for Skype)? If I cna make it easy, just like picking up
    >the phone, then the Other Half might use it and save some $$ on the
    >phone bill
    >Geoff

    Stay tuned. I believe the proper ones are going to be distributed in
    NZ shortly.
    Gurble, Feb 21, 2005

  3. geoffm

    Jedmeister Guest

    "geoffm" <> wrote in message
    > Is there anywhere in NZ that sells VoIP phones (instead of having to
    > use headphones for Skype)? If I cna make it easy, just like picking up
    > the phone, then the Other Half might use it and save some $$ on the
    > phone bill
    > Geoff

    Something which plugs direct to ethernet port would be best.
    Jedmeister, Feb 21, 2005
  4. geoffm

    Pon Guest

    http://www.itvsn.com.au/include/sweb.dll/category?category='52007'&site_id=ITVSN&browse_category='52007'
    Pon, Feb 21, 2005
  5. geoffm

    Pon Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:51:11 +1300, Pon <> wrote:

    >On 21 Feb 2005 02:12:04 -0600, geoffm
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Is there anywhere in NZ that sells VoIP phones (instead of having to
    >>use headphones for Skype)? If I cna make it easy, just like picking up
    >>the phone, then the Other Half might use it and save some $$ on the
    >>phone bill
    >>Geoff

    >http://www.itvsn.com.au/include/sweb.dll/category?category='52007'&site_id=ITVSN&browse_category='52007'

    and there's this gizmo as well. 'Tho I dunno if it's available
    locally:
    http://www.dontronics.com/phoneconnector.html

    Cheers
    Pon, Feb 21, 2005
  6. geoffm

    Mercury Guest

    If they are IP phones then no telepermit is needed as they aren't connecting
    to telecom.(OK not what your asking no doubt), so buy them from wherever you
    want.

    Mercury, Feb 21, 2005
  7. geoffm

    Jedmeister Guest

    "Pon" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:51:11 +1300, Pon <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 21 Feb 2005 02:12:04 -0600, geoffm
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there anywhere in NZ that sells VoIP phones (instead of having to
    >>>use headphones for Skype)? If I cna make it easy, just like picking up
    >>>the phone, then the Other Half might use it and save some $$ on the
    >>>phone bill
    >>>Geoff

    >>http://www.itvsn.com.au/include/sweb.dll/category?category='52007'&site_id=ITVSN&browse_category='52007'

    > and there's this gizmo as well. 'Tho I dunno if it's available
    > locally:
    > http://www.dontronics.com/phoneconnector.html
    >
    > Cheers

    My bro bought one of these and linked it with a cordless phone. The main
    prob is , that skype out quality is not all that great. Skype -Skype is good
    though.
    Jedmeister, Feb 21, 2005
  8. geoffm

    Mike_P Guest

    "geoffm" <> wrote in message
    > Is there anywhere in NZ that sells VoIP phones (instead of having to
    > use headphones for Skype)? If I cna make it easy, just like picking up
    > the phone, then the Other Half might use it and save some $$ on the
    > phone bill
    > Geoff

    Harvey Norman's carry a couple of models of USB phones... not sure if the
    can be used with Skype though.

    Mike_P
    Mike_P, Feb 21, 2005
  9. geoffm

    Alan Guest

    "geoffm" <> wrote in message

    > Is there anywhere in NZ that sells VoIP phones (instead of having to
    > use headphones for Skype)? If I cna make it easy, just like picking

    up
    > the phone, then the Other Half might use it and save some $$ on the
    > phone bill
    > GeofF

    Look here:

    http://www.tradetech.co.nz/futekfone_skype_voip_internet_phone.php
    Alan, Feb 21, 2005
  10. geoffm

    My Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Is there anywhere in NZ that sells VoIP phones (instead of having to
    >use headphones for Skype)? If I cna make it easy, just like picking up
    >the phone, then the Other Half might use it and save some $$ on the
    >phone bill
    >Geoff

    I use Skyp and the headset is better, you can send URL's via the chat
    and look up pages as you talk....
    My, Feb 22, 2005
  11. geoffm

    summitcircle Guest

    At http://www.summitcircle.com/ you can find links to most Skype phone
    vendors and their products, as well as other Skype stuff like Skype
    answering machine, Skype Outlook integration etc..

    Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there are any New Zealand dealer listed
    yet.
    summitcircle, Feb 26, 2005
  12. geoffm

    Alan Guest

    "summitcircle" <> wrote in message

    > At http://www.summitcircle.com/ you can find links to most Skype

    phone
    > vendors and their products, as well as other Skype stuff like Skype
    > answering machine, Skype Outlook integration etc..
    >
    > Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there are any New Zealand dealer

    listed
    > yet

    Check out my post of 22 Feb 2005:

    with this link to a local distributor: