    so how to they perform or would i be better off to just get the snom
    and be done with it?

    Tony S

    Tony Stock, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Tony Stock

    keymaster Guest

    "Tony Stock" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have deceided to go with voipfone and so far have been well
    > impressed.
    >
    > The sound of the calls is fantastic and technical support are top notch
    > so i wanna get a good voip hardware phone that i can plug in to my
    > router
    >
    > voipfone have 2 on the site the snom 190 and the sipura 841 every one i
    > have spoken to says the snom is much better then the sipura but the
    > sipura is also a fair bit cheaper is any one using these phone and if
    > so how to they perform or would i be better off to just get the snom
    > and be done with it?
    >
    > Tony S

    Hi Tony
    I have been with voipfone since almost the start...they are probably the
    most reliable and reasonable, the effort from the lads there mkes up for
    when it does fail, so i think you made a good choice.
    I, like you, tried to save money by buying a cheap phone (grandstream)
    which was a big mistake, since buying my snom I have had no problems. The
    functions are probably overkill for home use but i would rather have too
    much than too little - the voipfone price is probably the cheapest in UK -
    but I bought mine new from Germany for £115 inc post.
    hope this helps m8, good luck
    Roy

    keymaster, Sep 7, 2005

  3. Tony Stock

    Henry F III Guest

    Hi there,

    Go to http://www.xeloq.com and get their Katana-A100 / IP300.

    It is EUR 85,- now......http://www.xeloq.com/nl/budget.htm

    The UK site does not have all product-updates yet...so this is Dutch but
    nice products.....
    I got 1 of these phones - has IAX2, SIP, H323 and codecs g723.1 / g729 / GSM
    / g711 and more....

    Cheers
    Henry

    Henry F III, Sep 7, 2005
  4. Tony Stock

    Tony Stock Guest

    > Hi Tony
    > I have been with voipfone since almost the start...they are probably the
    > most reliable and reasonable, the effort from the lads there mkes up for
    > when it does fail, so i think you made a good choice.
    > I, like you, tried to save money by buying a cheap phone (grandstream)
    > which was a big mistake, since buying my snom I have had no problems. The
    > functions are probably overkill for home use but i would rather have too
    > much than too little - the voipfone price is probably the cheapest in UK -
    > but I bought mine new from Germany for £115 inc post.
    > hope this helps m8, good luck
    > Roy

    Thanks for this roy i think im gonna get the snom i am sure it will pay
    off in the long run voipfone say that all the phones are plug and go
    does this mean i dont need to set anything up just plug it in?

    Tony S

    Tony Stock, Sep 7, 2005
  5. Tony Stock

    keymaster Guest

    "Tony Stock" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Tony
    > I have been with voipfone since almost the start...they are probably the
    > most reliable and reasonable, the effort from the lads there mkes up for
    > when it does fail, so i think you made a good choice.
    > I, like you, tried to save money by buying a cheap phone (grandstream)
    > which was a big mistake, since buying my snom I have had no problems. The
    > functions are probably overkill for home use but i would rather have too
    > much than too little - the voipfone price is probably the cheapest in UK -
    > but I bought mine new from Germany for £115 inc post.
    > hope this helps m8, good luck
    > Roy

    Thanks for this roy i think im gonna get the snom i am sure it will pay
    off in the long run voipfone say that all the phones are plug and go
    does this mean i dont need to set anything up just plug it in?

    Tony S
    Hi m8
    this is exactly wot it means - when u sorted phone me if u want (its free)
    to try it out
    cheers
    Roy
    30098996

    keymaster, Sep 7, 2005
  6. Tony Stock

    keymaster Guest

    "Henry F III" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Go to http://www.xeloq.com and get their Katana-A100 / IP300.
    >
    > It is EUR 85,- now......http://www.xeloq.com/nl/budget.htm
    >
    > The UK site does not have all product-updates yet...so this is Dutch but
    > nice products.....
    > I got 1 of these phones - has IAX2, SIP, H323 and codecs g723.1 / g729 /
    > GSM
    > / g711 and more....
    >
    > Cheers
    > Henry

    Hi
    you joking? lolol these chinese things are for sale all over ebay for £33
    they are plain nasty imho
    cheers
    Roy

    keymaster, Sep 7, 2005
  7. Tony Stock

    Henry F III Guest

    > > Hi there,
    > >
    > > Go to http://www.xeloq.com and get their Katana-A100 / IP300.
    > >
    > > It is EUR 85,- now......http://www.xeloq.com/nl/budget.htm
    > >
    > > The UK site does not have all product-updates yet...so this is Dutch but
    > > nice products.....
    > > I got 1 of these phones - has IAX2, SIP, H323 and codecs g723.1 / g729 /
    > > GSM
    > > / g711 and more....
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > Henry

    > Hi
    > you joking? lolol these chinese things are for sale all over ebay for £33
    > they are plain nasty imho
    > cheers
    > Roy

    Roy,

    I am not joking - I bought this phone a year ago and used it on XeloQ with
    H323 first.
    Then they switched to SIP and I am using it for 9 months on SIP now.......it
    never failed and works great.

    I am aware that there are a lot of Chinese phones avalable; but this seems
    to last very good.
    I take it on business trips and hook it up anywhere and it always
    works......

    Henry

    Henry F III, Sep 9, 2005