VOIP phone rings but I cannot answer it.

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Axle_F, May 10, 2006.

  1. Axle_F

    Axle_F Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to use the BT Broadband Voice Voyager 10V Telephone Adapte
    but I seem to be having an issue with it.

    When I receive a call via my normal landline both the VOIP and landlin
    phones ring. However, I cannot answer the call using the phone connecte
    via the adapter (the VOIP one) even tho it is ringing. When I pick it u
    all I can hear is an engaged tone and the landline phone keeps o
    ringing.

    If I unplug the landline phone then the VOIP phone still rings when
    receive a landline call but I still cannot answer it.

    I can use both phones to dial out with no problems.

    Does anyone know how to cure this? The BT helpdesk has not been a grea
    help.

    Many thanks in anticipation

    --
    Axle_F

    Axle_F, May 10, 2006

  2. Axle_F

    alex Guest

    "Axle_F" <> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to use the BT Broadband Voice Voyager 10V Telephone Adapter
    > but I seem to be having an issue with it.
    >
    > When I receive a call via my normal landline both the VOIP and landline
    > phones ring. However, I cannot answer the call using the phone connected
    > via the adapter (the VOIP one) even tho it is ringing. When I pick it up
    > all I can hear is an engaged tone and the landline phone keeps on
    > ringing.
    >
    > If I unplug the landline phone then the VOIP phone still rings when I
    > receive a landline call but I still cannot answer it.
    >
    > I can use both phones to dial out with no problems.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to cure this? The BT helpdesk has not been a great
    > help.
    >
    > Many thanks in anticipation.
    >

    > --
    > Axle_F

    Could be a firmware fault. Ask them if it is possible to re-load it from a
    website...

    If not they should replace it, luckily its the adaptor and not the main
    router...

    Best of luck.

    Alex

    alex, May 11, 2006

  3. Axle_F

    Axle_F Guest

    alex Wrote:
    > Could be a firmware fault. Ask them if it is possible to re-load i
    > from a
    > website...
    >
    > If not they should replace it, luckily its the adaptor and not the mai
    >
    > router...
    >
    > Best of luck.
    >
    > Alex

    Thanks Alex, I'll get back onto BT