    TIA,

    --
    Jarhead
    Jarhead, Mar 31, 2006

  2. Jarhead

    Jos. Wheeler Guest

    "Jarhead" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > VIA Talk, ITP, SunRocket, Vonnage, or what are you using? Why?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > --
    > Jarhead

    I've had Vonage about 4 months now.

    Generally pretty good call quality/reliability-- but they're still unable to
    port my existing landline number to their service. Endless runarounds and
    classic customer no-service with world class finger pointing and buck
    passing. No one there will take responsibility for my problem and I can't
    get them to escalate it to management-- though they are rather courteous and
    do apologize a lot.

    I'm giving them until April 15th-- then I'm going to pull the plug and go
    elsewhere...
    Jos. Wheeler, Apr 1, 2006

  3. Jarhead

    WCH Guest

    Jos. Wheeler wrote:
    > "Jarhead" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>VIA Talk, ITP, SunRocket, Vonnage, or what are you using? Why?
    >>
    >>TIA,
    >>
    >>--
    >>Jarhead

    > I've had Vonage about 4 months now.
    >
    > Generally pretty good call quality/reliability-- but they're still unable to
    > port my existing landline number to their service. Endless runarounds and
    > classic customer no-service with world class finger pointing and buck
    > passing. No one there will take responsibility for my problem and I can't
    > get them to escalate it to management-- though they are rather courteous and
    > do apologize a lot.
    >
    > I'm giving them until April 15th-- then I'm going to pull the plug and go
    > elsewhere...

    Have used Vonage for many months and love it. Call quality IS somewhat
    dependent on Internet quality but that's obvious. With a good broadband
    connection it sounds great, the feature set is huge and the cost is
    unbeatable. I travel some and Vonage "follows" me wherever I am,
    transparently to callers. I've got mine set to forward to my cell after
    15 seconds so I never miss a call, even when Vonage is disconnected.
    Vonage rocks.
    WCH, Apr 1, 2006