    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Get your friends to sign too!
    TV.

    Brian A, Jun 13, 2007

  2. Brian A

    Nick Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
    > on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?
    >

    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >
    > Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
    > Get your friends to sign too!
    > Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
    > TV.
    > http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/

    Isn't everything negative regarding Tiscali broadband?

    Nick, Jun 13, 2007

  3. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:24:29 GMT, "Nick" <>
    wrote:

    >"Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
    >> on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?
    >>

    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >>
    >> Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
    >> Get your friends to sign too!
    >> Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
    >> TV.
    >> http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/

    >Isn't everything negative regarding Tiscali broadband?

    You obviously know more than I.
    A friend is considering it. They have some good deals atm. I want to
    find out about any pitfalls.

    Brian A, Jun 13, 2007
  4. Brian A

    Graham Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
    > on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?
    >

    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >
    > Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
    > Get your friends to sign too!
    > Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
    > TV.
    > http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/

    I don't usually admit to this publicly, but I am with Tiscali Broadband ;-)
    Actually I don't have problems with VoIP, I often have two G711
    calls going in adition to other stuff, and rarely get problems.

    The problem I have had recently with Tiscali, is that the buggers kept
    on blocking port 119 in the evenings. They would not give me
    an explanation as to why this was happening, nor would they
    be drawn on whether or not my account was subject to FUP
    restrictions. I only use text Newsgroups, honest.

    The Usenet issue *seems* to have been resolved now.

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Jun 13, 2007
  5. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:37:24 +0100, "Graham" <> wrote:

    >"Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
    >> on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?
    >>

    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >>
    >> Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
    >> Get your friends to sign too!
    >> Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
    >> TV.
    >> http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/

    >I don't usually admit to this publicly, but I am with Tiscali Broadband ;-)
    >Actually I don't have problems with VoIP, I often have two G711
    >calls going in adition to other stuff, and rarely get problems.
    >
    >The problem I have had recently with Tiscali, is that the buggers kept
    >on blocking port 119 in the evenings. They would not give me
    >an explanation as to why this was happening, nor would they
    >be drawn on whether or not my account was subject to FUP
    >restrictions. I only use text Newsgroups, honest.
    >
    >The Usenet issue *seems* to have been resolved now.

    Thanks for your comments Graham.

    Brian A, Jun 13, 2007
  6. Brian A

    Peter Parker Guest

    On Jun 13, 10:51 am, Brian A <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
    > on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?

    No problems this end. Currently using two sip lines on my Tiscali max
    service. Works very well.

    Peter Parker, Jun 14, 2007