    We have had recent major budget cuts here and are looking to possibly
    replace our leased lines with RFC 2549 links. We can deal with some
    latency. Any opinions?
    Sean Weintz, May 27, 2004

  2. Sean Weintz

    Soren Rathje Guest

    "Sean Weintz" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone managed to get VOIP running over an RFC 2549 wan link?
    > We have had recent major budget cuts here and are looking to possibly
    > replace our leased lines with RFC 2549 links. We can deal with some
    > latency. Any opinions?

    Nah.. At first we had some problems, but after training the network and
    using our RITA (RFC 2321) based tool it seemed to clear up a bit, but it
    was never really stable for production.

    We later found that one of the reasons for our unsuccessfull teste were
    due to our use of IP address assignments using the peg-DHCP protocol
    (RFC 2322) as it did not support the new RFC 2549 wan links, it only
    supports the old RFC 1149 wan links.

    -- Soren
    Soren Rathje, May 28, 2004