    because we are only connected to the internet on lunch breaks and
    snacks.

    Thank you.

    llemm, Sep 1, 2008

  2. llemm schrieb:

    > Our office is occupying three floors in a Building and I Just want to
    > setup a VOIP that can contact the person in the third floor from the
    > first floor with his PC Using my headset or USB Phone. Will there be
    > someone here nice that can give instruction how to that or even web
    > links that can guide me in doing this. I dont want to use skype
    > because we are only connected to the internet on lunch breaks and
    > snacks.

    I think that a server is always required. If you have one, I think
    software like Teamspeak or Asterisk could be worth a look.

    Hans Schlager, Sep 23, 2008

  3. On 09/23/2008 11:17 PM, Hans Schlager wrote:
    > llemm schrieb:
    >
    >> Our office is occupying three floors in a Building and I Just want to
    >> setup a VOIP that can contact the person in the third floor from the
    >> first floor with his PC Using my headset or USB Phone. Will there be
    >> someone here nice that can give instruction how to that or even web
    >> links that can guide me in doing this. I dont want to use skype
    >> because we are only connected to the internet on lunch breaks and
    >> snacks.

    > I think that a server is always required. If you have one, I think
    > software like Teamspeak or Asterisk could be worth a look.

    Try SJPhone, although proprietary, but free for download and use. This I
    think is sufficient for a few (may 10-20 or even more) PC-to-PC users on
    a LAN, need not setup and, or deploy any server. You will able call the
    users URI's e.g. sip:user@host, which are also easy to remember. The
    SJPhone can also host and manage small conference calls and will let you
    know the on-line users near and around you (same network).

    Anu'z Linux@HOME (Unix Shoppe) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
    Chandigarh, UT, 160062, India Gentoo, Fedora, Debian/FreeBSD/XP

    Balwinder S Dheeman, Sep 24, 2008
  4. llemm

    Hongtian Guest

    On Sep 1, 3:46 pm, llemm <> wrote:
    > Hi! this is a VOIP group so I think this will not be an absurd
    > question.
    >
    > Our office is occupying three floors in a Building and I Just want to
    > setup a VOIP that can contact the person in the third floor from the
    > first floor with his PC Using my headset or USB Phone. Will there be
    > someone here nice that can give instruction how to that or even web
    > links that can guide me in doing this. I dont want to use skype
    > because we are only connected to the internet on lunch breaks and
    > snacks.
    >
    > Thank you.

    If your PC is windows system, I suggest you can try miniSipServer. It
    is very easy to use.

    Its website is http://www.myvoipapp.com

    In the website, there is a simple manual document, you can refer to it
    http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/manual.htm

    Good luck.

    Hongtian, Sep 24, 2008