    is not a problem.

    Thanx

    , Oct 8, 2004

  2. Hi,

    In order to do so you need to equip your router with DSPs. and the correct
    voice-capable IOS. Replace the NM1E2W with an NM-1V with dsp's and insert
    the isdn wic into the vwic port of the NM-1V. That should get you started.
    Because this is pretty pricy, you might just want to buy an additional
    device that can handle the conversion for you.

    Erik

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello All..
    >
    > I got a 2620 with a NM1E2W in the NM Slot and a WIC1B-ST ISDN WIC in a WAN

    port.

    Erik Tamminga, Oct 9, 2004

  3. Guest

    Thanks for the Info..

    Just one more ? With the ISDN WIC in the NM-1 will I also still be able
    to use it as a backup data line, to send/recieve calls from other routers?

    > Hi,
    >
    > In order to do so you need to equip your router with DSPs. and the correct
    > voice-capable IOS. Replace the NM1E2W with an NM-1V with dsp's and insert
    > the isdn wic into the vwic port of the NM-1V. That should get you started.
    > Because this is pretty pricy, you might just want to buy an additional
    > device that can handle the conversion for you.
    >
    > Erik
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hello All..
    > >
    > > I got a 2620 with a NM1E2W in the NM Slot and a WIC1B-ST ISDN WIC in a WAN

    > port.
    > > ISDN line is a normal Res. ISDN line from local Telecom (1D-2B Channels).
    > >
    > > What I would like to do is get a Cisco VOIP phone installed into the local
    > > network and use it to make/recieve local calls over the ISDN WIC and use
    > > my internet Conx. for US/Canada/Other Calls via Vonage or some other VOIP
    > > Provider.
    > >
    > > What I'm looking to know is will the 2620 support this? and what Cards
    > > or modules I will need to do this. Since this is a Res. ISDN Line there
    > > is no PBX, just straight to the PSTN..
    > >
    > > I have all the current IOS images (12.3.10) for this router so this part
    > > is not a problem.
    > >
    > > Thanx

    , Oct 9, 2004
  4. IIRC Yes