    I would also welcome any general help / advice on this issue.

    Cheers folks,

    Christine.
    Chris Polhill, Aug 9, 2007

  2. Chris Polhill

    Martin² Guest

    Hi,
    If you haven't got a cable router then you can get an integrated VoIP
    router, there isn't that much choice for cable ones, Draytek 2900V or 2700V
    (very good but not cheap) or Fritzbox.
    If you have cable router then any ATA will work as they simply plug in to a
    free ethernet port.
    Linksys is now owned by Cisco.
    I suggest that you consider Sipgate.co.uk, who will give you a free UK geo.
    number of your choice and then you just pay for calls, NO rental. They also
    sell ATA'a and Fritzbox routers etc.
    For more information go to uk.telecom.voip group ,
    regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Aug 10, 2007