    Thank you so much.

    --
    Roger Hilt
    firemarsh, Jan 13, 2004

  2. firemarsh

    Peter Guest

    I've played around with ubr924 a little bit. It should work reasonably well,
    but I doubt you'll find any free PSTN gateways. Problem is that 924 will
    support only MGCP or H323 (depending on IOS image), and nowadays all "free"
    ones are on SIP. In case you're lost about acronyms - these are just
    denoting VOIP standard being used. Maybe somebody on this group will be kind
    enough to offer you access to their Asterisk box which supports both H323
    and MGCP (although when I tried it Cisco's MGCP implementation didn't work
    with Asterisk).

    And I believe you cannot use 925 image with 924. Cisco has a bunch of images
    for all sorts of EOL products, I was even able to download IOS12.3 for 2514
    router which has been phased out long ago. There MUST be some for 924. Just
    find out whether you want H323 or MGCP version.

    Peter
    Peter, Jan 14, 2004

  3. firemarsh

    firemarsh Guest

    I found the 12.3 for the 900 series, and it worked well. I have been able to
    find SIP commands, but the problem with the free ones is that they ask for
    authentication responses which the uBR doesn't recognize. Thanks, I suppose
    I can use it to call from one floor to the next in the house LOL

    --
    Roger Hilt

    firemarsh, Jan 16, 2004