    anyone point me in the right directionf or both queries, google has thrown
    up much, it seems Draytel with a PAP2isn't a common scenario.

    P.
    Flyer, Mar 13, 2008

  2. Flyer

    Woody Guest

    "Flyer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Ok, I have a PAP2-UK from broadbandbuyer, very quick service I might
    > add, and have configured line 1 for Draytel, and line 2 for Sipgate.
    > With credit on both providers, the Sipgate works flawlessly, but with
    > the Draytel I have outgoing ring ok, no incoming ring, and no audio
    > whatsoever.
    > I'd also like to use a single phone for both accounts, but trying to
    > make sense of dial plans is giving me serious headaches!
    >
    > anyone point me in the right directionf or both queries, google has
    > thrown up much, it seems Draytel with a PAP2isn't a common scenario.
    >
    > P.

    Are you running it through a router? It may be that the necessary ports
    are not being forwarded.

    --
    Woody

    harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
    Woody, Mar 13, 2008

  3. Flyer

    Flyer Guest

    "Woody" <> wrote in message
    > "Flyer" <> wrote in message
    >> Ok, I have a PAP2-UK from broadbandbuyer, very quick service I might
    >> add, and have configured line 1 for Draytel, and line 2 for Sipgate. With
    >> credit on both providers, the Sipgate works flawlessly, but with the
    >> Draytel I have outgoing ring ok, no incoming ring, and no audio
    >> whatsoever.
    >> I'd also like to use a single phone for both accounts, but trying to make
    >> sense of dial plans is giving me serious headaches!
    >>
    >> anyone point me in the right directionf or both queries, google has
    >> thrown up much, it seems Draytel with a PAP2isn't a common scenario.
    >>
    >> P.
    >>

    > Are you running it through a router? It may be that the necessary ports
    > are not being forwarded.

    All the correct ports are forwarded, the Sipgate connection works ok, the
    Draytel one doesn't ;-)
    Both lines are setup identically, apart from registration info, so the lack
    of speech on the Draytel line is bugging me.

    P.
    Flyer, Mar 13, 2008
  4. Flyer

    Graham. Guest

    "Flyer" <> wrote in message
    > Ok, I have a PAP2-UK from broadbandbuyer, very quick service I might add,
    > and have configured line 1 for Draytel, and line 2 for Sipgate. With
    > credit on both providers, the Sipgate works flawlessly, but with the
    > Draytel I have outgoing ring ok, no incoming ring, and no audio
    > whatsoever.
    > I'd also like to use a single phone for both accounts, but trying to make
    > sense of dial plans is giving me serious headaches!
    >
    > anyone point me in the right directionf or both queries, google has thrown
    > up much, it seems Draytel with a PAP2isn't a common scenario.
    >
    > P.

    The PAP2 is effectivly two ATA's in one box so you won't be able to
    access both acounts through one port.
    You should be able to point one half of the PAP2 to a Voxalot
    account and put multiple providers into voxalot. Free for outgoing
    calls, but you do need to buy "registrations" for your incoming "lines"

    Mysipswitch is a similar service, and is completely free, but I haven't
    been able to get it to work satisfactorily myself.

    --
    Graham

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Mar 13, 2008
  5. Flyer

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking Flyer wrote :
    > All the correct ports are forwarded,

    And which are they?

    If it isn't /always/, it's almost always, incorrect forwarding that
    causes one-way or no-way audio issues.
    Jono, Mar 13, 2008
  6. Flyer

    Flyer Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    > "Flyer" <> wrote in message
    >> Ok, I have a PAP2-UK from broadbandbuyer, very quick service I might
    >> add, and have configured line 1 for Draytel, and line 2 for Sipgate. With
    >> credit on both providers, the Sipgate works flawlessly, but with the
    >> Draytel I have outgoing ring ok, no incoming ring, and no audio
    >> whatsoever.
    >> I'd also like to use a single phone for both accounts, but trying to make
    >> sense of dial plans is giving me serious headaches!
    >>
    >> anyone point me in the right directionf or both queries, google has
    >> thrown up much, it seems Draytel with a PAP2isn't a common scenario.
    >>
    >> P.

    > The PAP2 is effectivly two ATA's in one box so you won't be able to
    > access both acounts through one port.
    > You should be able to point one half of the PAP2 to a Voxalot
    > account and put multiple providers into voxalot. Free for outgoing
    > calls, but you do need to buy "registrations" for your incoming "lines"
    >
    > Mysipswitch is a similar service, and is completely free, but I haven't
    > been able to get it to work satisfactorily myself.

    Guess it's a trip to Tesco's for another cheapo DECT fone ;-)

    P.
    Flyer, Mar 14, 2008
  7. Flyer

    Flyer Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > After serious thinking Flyer wrote :
    >> All the correct ports are forwarded,

    > And which are they?
    >
    > If it isn't /always/, it's almost always, incorrect forwarding that causes
    > one-way or no-way audio issues.

    currently, 53,69,5060-5070 & 1000 - 20000, all UDP

    P.
    Flyer, Mar 14, 2008
  8. Flyer

    Roger Guest

    "Flyer" <> wrote in message

    > "Graham." <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> "Flyer" <> wrote in message
    >>> Ok, I have a PAP2-UK from broadbandbuyer, very quick service I might
    >>> add, and have configured line 1 for Draytel, and line 2 for Sipgate.
    >>> With credit on both providers, the Sipgate works flawlessly, but with
    >>> the Draytel I have outgoing ring ok, no incoming ring, and no audio
    >>> whatsoever.
    >>> I'd also like to use a single phone for both accounts, but trying to
    >>> make sense of dial plans is giving me serious headaches!
    >>>
    >>> anyone point me in the right directionf or both queries, google has
    >>> thrown up much, it seems Draytel with a PAP2isn't a common scenario.
    >>>
    >>> P.

    >> The PAP2 is effectivly two ATA's in one box so you won't be able to
    >> access both acounts through one port.
    >> You should be able to point one half of the PAP2 to a Voxalot
    >> account and put multiple providers into voxalot. Free for outgoing
    >> calls, but you do need to buy "registrations" for your incoming "lines"
    >>
    >> Mysipswitch is a similar service, and is completely free, but I haven't
    >> been able to get it to work satisfactorily myself.
    >>

    > Guess it's a trip to Tesco's for another cheapo DECT fone ;-)
    >
    > P.

    Are you using STUN? I found out with voip.co.uk and Sipgate, I had to
    disbale STUN and use the outobound proxy instead on Sipgate in order to
    elimnate these type or problems with the voip.co.uk account. You may want to
    try this.
    Roger, Mar 14, 2008
  9. Flyer

    Flyer Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in message

    > "Flyer" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Graham." <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> "Flyer" <> wrote in message

    >>> The PAP2 is effectivly two ATA's in one box so you won't be able to
    >>> access both acounts through one port.
    >>> You should be able to point one half of the PAP2 to a Voxalot
    >>> account and put multiple providers into voxalot. Free for outgoing
    >>> calls, but you do need to buy "registrations" for your incoming "lines"
    >>>
    >>> Mysipswitch is a similar service, and is completely free, but I haven't
    >>> been able to get it to work satisfactorily myself.
    >>>

    >> Guess it's a trip to Tesco's for another cheapo DECT fone ;-)
    >>
    >> P.
    >>

    > Are you using STUN? I found out with voip.co.uk and Sipgate, I had to
    > disbale STUN and use the outobound proxy instead on Sipgate in order to
    > elimnate these type or problems with the voip.co.uk account. You may want
    > to try this.

    I dud have Stun set to "on", and I knew Draytel don't use Stun (but Sipgate
    do), so I turned it off, but alas it didn't make any difference, but thanks
    for the suggestion. Guess it's more fiddle with the settings time ;-) It's
    odd that I can call out on the Draytel line, but incoming calls get a voice
    message saying the number is unavailable. And there'sno speech on a
    connected outbound call..it's bugging me now ;-)
    I may just drop the Draytel, and stick with the Sipgate and put it down to
    experience.

    P.
    Flyer, Mar 14, 2008
  10. Flyer

    Flyer Guest

    "Flyer" <> wrote in message

    > "Roger" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Flyer" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Graham." <> wrote in message

    >>> Guess it's a trip to Tesco's for another cheapo DECT fone ;-)
    >>>
    >>> P.
    >>>

    >> Are you using STUN? I found out with voip.co.uk and Sipgate, I had to
    >> disbale STUN and use the outobound proxy instead on Sipgate in order to
    >> elimnate these type or problems with the voip.co.uk account. You may want
    >> to try this.

    > I dud have Stun set to "on", and I knew Draytel don't use Stun (but
    > Sipgate do), so I turned it off, but alas it didn't make any difference,
    > but thanks for the suggestion. Guess it's more fiddle with the settings
    > time ;-) It's odd that I can call out on the Draytel line, but incoming
    > calls get a voice message saying the number is unavailable. And there'sno
    > speech on a connected outbound call..it's bugging me now ;-)
    > I may just drop the Draytel, and stick with the Sipgate and put it down to
    > experience.
    >
    > P.

    Gotcha ! or, if you prefer, Eureka! sussed it. After ploughing through
    various forums & faq's, found the suggestion to set Subst VIA Addr to
    yes,and put my WAN IP in the Ext IP box, and voila, my Draytel connection
    now works perfectly ;-)

    one happy bunny..

    P.
    Flyer, Mar 14, 2008
  11. Flyer

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:47:28 UTC, "Flyer" <> wrote:

    > "Flyer" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Roger" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Flyer" <> wrote in message

    > >> Are you using STUN? I found out with voip.co.uk and Sipgate, I had to
    > >> disbale STUN and use the outobound proxy instead on Sipgate in order to
    > >> elimnate these type or problems with the voip.co.uk account. You may want
    > >> to try this.

    > > I dud have Stun set to "on", and I knew Draytel don't use Stun (but
    > > Sipgate do), so I turned it off, but alas it didn't make any difference,
    > > but thanks for the suggestion. Guess it's more fiddle with the settings
    > > time ;-) It's odd that I can call out on the Draytel line, but incoming
    > > calls get a voice message saying the number is unavailable. And there'sno
    > > speech on a connected outbound call..it's bugging me now ;-)
    > > I may just drop the Draytel, and stick with the Sipgate and put it down to
    > > experience.
    > >
    > > P.
    > >

    > Gotcha ! or, if you prefer, Eureka! sussed it. After ploughing through
    > various forums & faq's, found the suggestion to set Subst VIA Addr to
    > yes,and put my WAN IP in the Ext IP box, and voila, my Draytel connection
    > now works perfectly ;-)

    Which means it was a NAT traversal problem. You either needed to go
    via a SIP proxy or a STUN server. I had a similar problem with
    voiptalk. Even though there is an active SIP ALG in the router and
    other providers worked direct they failed as you describe. Going via
    their proxy fixed it.

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Mar 14, 2008
  12. Flyer

    Flyer Guest

    "Dave Saville" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:47:28 UTC, "Flyer" <> wrote:
    >

    >> "Flyer" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Roger" <> wrote in message

    >> > I dud have Stun set to "on", and I knew Draytel don't use Stun (but
    >> > Sipgate do), so I turned it off, but alas it didn't make any
    >> > difference,
    >> > but thanks for the suggestion. Guess it's more fiddle with the settings
    >> > time ;-) It's odd that I can call out on the Draytel line, but incoming
    >> > calls get a voice message saying the number is unavailable. And
    >> > there'sno
    >> > speech on a connected outbound call..it's bugging me now ;-)
    >> > I may just drop the Draytel, and stick with the Sipgate and put it down
    >> > experience.
    >> >
    >> > P.
    >> >

    >> Gotcha ! or, if you prefer, Eureka! sussed it. After ploughing through
    >> various forums & faq's, found the suggestion to set Subst VIA Addr to
    >> yes,and put my WAN IP in the Ext IP box, and voila, my Draytel
    >> connection
    >> now works perfectly ;-)

    > Which means it was a NAT traversal problem. You either needed to go
    > via a SIP proxy or a STUN server. I had a similar problem with
    > voiptalk. Even though there is an active SIP ALG in the router and
    > other providers worked direct they failed as you describe. Going via
    > their proxy fixed it.

    that line was set to use the outgoing proxy initially, using
    nat.draytel.org:5065, but that didn't work.
    I kept thinking it was a NAT issue, but the fact that the Sipgate line
    worked, fooled me.

    P.
    Flyer, Mar 14, 2008
  13. Flyer

    amp is Guest

    Hi Flyer ???

    I use Draytel with an SPA-2000. I couldn't get this to ring in. I tried all
    the forums and got nowhere until somebody suggested using a manufactures
    site to auto configure the box and then simply changing the registration
    info. I think the 2 devices are similar. Sorry not to be more specific. Let
    me know if you want a copy of my web based browser info for the Sipura
    SPA-2000.

    Tony
    amp is, Mar 16, 2008
  14. Flyer

    Flyer Guest

    "amp is" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Flyer ???
    >
    > I use Draytel with an SPA-2000. I couldn't get this to ring in. I tried
    > all the forums and got nowhere until somebody suggested using a
    > manufactures site to auto configure the box and then simply changing the
    > registration info. I think the 2 devices are similar. Sorry not to be more
    > specific. Let me know if you want a copy of my web based browser info for
    > the Sipura SPA-2000.
    >
    > Tony

    Thanks Tony, but I got it working eventually, and I've now got more Sipura
    info than youcan shake a stick at ;-)

    P.
    Flyer, Mar 16, 2008