    Skype but was wondering if there is any kind of phone that will let me make
    UK calls via VOIPCheap without having my PC switched on.

    Thanks.

    Gareth :-\\\) voom, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    SalehJambo Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > There are plenty of other VoIP providers out there though.
    >
    > Ivor

    dont touch sipaget if you want unreliability and regular downtime although
    ivors always here so you can ask him as hes part of the sipagte uk team of
    managers, he claims hes a bus driver but me and dex and many,many others
    know the truth.

    SalehJambo, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Gareth :-\) voom" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have been using VOIP for a few months via my PC and
    > free software (VOIPCheap). I have seen VOIP handsets that
    > can be used with programs like Skype but was wondering if
    > there is any kind of phone that will let me make UK calls
    > via VOIPCheap without having my PC switched on.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I've never used Voipcheap so I have no idea if it can be used with an ATA
    (Analogue Telephone Adaptor) which is the device you will need.

    Ivor Jones, Sep 19, 2005
  4. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:24:54 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Gareth :-\) voom" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I have been using VOIP for a few months via my PC and
    >> free software (VOIPCheap). I have seen VOIP handsets that
    >> can be used with programs like Skype but was wondering if
    >> there is any kind of phone that will let me make UK calls
    >> via VOIPCheap without having my PC switched on.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    >I've never used Voipcheap so I have no idea if it can be used with an ATA
    >(Analogue Telephone Adaptor) which is the device you will need.
    >
    >There are plenty of other VoIP providers out there though.
    >
    >Ivor

    Not all that many offering free calls though .

    , Sep 19, 2005
  5. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:20:03 +0100, "Gareth :-\\\) voom"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi, I have been using VOIP for a few months via my PC and free software
    >(VOIPCheap). I have seen VOIP handsets that can be used with programs like
    >Skype but was wondering if there is any kind of phone that will let me make
    >UK calls via VOIPCheap without having my PC switched on.

    Not with voipcheap but it can be done through an ATA with Voipbuster
    well people say it can but no one has ever posted detailed settings
    for the Sipura ATA here though and quite a few people have asked .

    , Sep 19, 2005
  6. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:24:47 GMT, "SalehJambo"
    <> wrote:

    >"Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> There are plenty of other VoIP providers out there though.
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    >dont touch sipaget if you want unreliability and regular downtime although
    >ivors always here so you can ask him as hes part of the sipagte uk team of
    >managers, he claims hes a bus driver but me and dex and many,many others
    >know the truth.

    Most people should know by now that if they want an example of how a
    very poor voip provider operates to sign up to Sipgate .

    , Sep 19, 2005
  7. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    SalehJambo Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Most people should know by now that if they want an example of how a
    > very poor voip provider operates to sign up to Sipgate .

    Yes but will they listen though, you guessed it nope :)

    SalehJambo, Sep 19, 2005
  8. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Gareth :-\) voom writes
    >Hi, I have been using VOIP for a few months via my PC and free software
    >(VOIPCheap). I have seen VOIP handsets that can be used with programs like
    >Skype but was wondering if there is any kind of phone that will let me make
    >UK calls via VOIPCheap without having my PC switched on.

    You will need an ATA to do this. But VoIPCheap do not support ATA, also
    the settings for an ATA are not known. However, their sister company
    VoIPBuster (also offering free calls) can be used with an ATA, and I
    have posted the settings for use with a Sipura3000 twice in the last
    week in other threads. (Time for a FAQ I think)

    David

    David Floyd, Sep 19, 2005
  9. wrote:
    > On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:20:03 +0100, "Gareth :-\\\) voom"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi, I have been using VOIP for a few months via my PC and free software
    >>(VOIPCheap). I have seen VOIP handsets that can be used with programs like
    >>Skype but was wondering if there is any kind of phone that will let me make
    >>UK calls via VOIPCheap without having my PC switched on.

    > Not with voipcheap but it can be done through an ATA with Voipbuster
    > well people say it can but no one has ever posted detailed settings
    > for the Sipura ATA here though and quite a few people have asked .

    I thought it was either sip.voipbuster.com or stun.voipbuster.com with
    the site username and password.

    IIRC someone on here said the sip service had stopped, then a few weeks
    later that it had started again.

    I've never done it myself, works using IAX2 though.

    Thomas Rankin, Sep 19, 2005
  10. Stefan Kaniuk () is a pillock

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:24:47 GMT, Stefan Kaniuk said:

    >dont touch sipaget if you want unreliability and regular downtime although
    >ivors always here so you can ask him as hes part of the sipagte uk team of
    >managers, he claims hes a bus driver but me and dex and many,many others
    >know the truth.

    pillock
    Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    More than 140,000 groups
    Unlimited download

    Stefan Kaniuk () is a pillock, Sep 19, 2005
  11. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    SalehJambo Guest

    Re: Stefan Kaniuk () is a pillock

    Bwaahhhhhhhhhhh is all i have to say to you, hiding behind your fake address
    wacko

    SalehJambo, Sep 19, 2005
  12. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    Al Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:14:45 GMT, Stefan the Moron wrote:

    >Bwaahhhhhhhhhhh is all i have to say to you, hiding behind your fake address
    >wacko

    Before you accuse others of "hiding behind a fake address", I think
    you should reflect on the numerous fake addresses under which you are
    posting daily. Not only using a fake address, but you change it
    constantly in order to try to prevent others from killfiling you
    Kaniuk.

    Al, Sep 19, 2005
  13. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    "Al" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:14:45 GMT, Stefan the Moron wrote:
    >
    > Before you accuse others of "hiding behind a fake address", I think
    > you should reflect on the numerous fake addresses under which you are
    > posting daily. Not only using a fake address, but you change it
    > constantly in order to try to prevent others from killfiling you
    > Kaniuk.

    And you are?????????

    Rather insignificant, thats what :)

    SalehJambo, Sep 19, 2005
  14. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:41:15 +0100, Al <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:14:45 GMT, Stefan the Moron wrote:
    >
    >>Bwaahhhhhhhhhhh is all i have to say to you, hiding behind your fake address
    >>wacko

    >Before you accuse others of "hiding behind a fake address", I think
    >you should reflect on the numerous fake addresses under which you are
    >posting daily. Not only using a fake address, but you change it
    >constantly in order to try to prevent others from killfiling you
    >Kaniuk.

    lol he got his ID's mixed up again;-)
    pete

    , Sep 19, 2005
  15. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    Guest

    Re: Stefan Kaniuk () is a pillock

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:00:52 GMT, "SalehJambo"
    <> wrote:

    >"Al" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:14:45 GMT, Stefan the Moron wrote:
    >>
    >> Before you accuse others of "hiding behind a fake address", I think
    >> you should reflect on the numerous fake addresses under which you are
    >> posting daily. Not only using a fake address, but you change it
    >> constantly in order to try to prevent others from killfiling you
    >> Kaniuk.

    >And you are?????????
    >
    >Rather insignificant, thats what :)

    Done it again and now trying to cover up. That Tourettes Syndrome is
    a really crazy condition to have:-(
    pete

    , Sep 19, 2005
  16. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    Martin² Guest

    Gareth,
    voipcheap is the same lot as voipbuster (Finarea S.A.)
    and presumably use the same software and servers,
    therefore it's possible to use via standard SIP protocol.

    What you need is an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) plugged in to an ethernet
    port of your router, then you can plug ordinary or DECT phone in to the ATA.
    The tricky bit is getting the settings right to work with voipcheap.
    The cheapest ATA is Linksys PAP2 from broadbandbuyer.co.uk, but here are
    better ones
    like Sipura 2000 / 3000.

    Alternatively you can ADSL/modem/routers with built in ATA, called VoIP
    ports in this case, ask if you are interested.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Sep 20, 2005
  17. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    Tone Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:04:31 +0100, wrote:

    >On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:41:15 +0100, Al <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:14:45 GMT, Stefan the Moron wrote:
    >>
    >>>Bwaahhhhhhhhhhh is all i have to say to you, hiding behind your fake address
    >>>wacko

    >>Before you accuse others of "hiding behind a fake address", I think
    >>you should reflect on the numerous fake addresses under which you are
    >>posting daily. Not only using a fake address, but you change it
    >>constantly in order to try to prevent others from killfiling you
    >>Kaniuk.

    >lol he got his ID's mixed up again;-)
    >pete

    No Peter Turtill thats your trick.

    How many times did you make an abusive post then reply to yourself in
    a sad attempt to cover it up.
    Edward Exworth maybe or was it one of the 16 or so others

    Now I see you are using

    Stefan Kaniuk is a pillock <>

    "Peter Turtill" <>

    Thomas Garret
    Edward Exworth
    smicker
    Smicker
    Pierre Le Turtle
    Rossprat
    Serf
    Martine
    Sanni Abacha

    delegiwa
    dele giwa
    pete
    removespam
    An Metet
    Ding ding. Hear the bell

    Anonymous

    removethisbit
    Secret

    Emily
    Bill

    --

    Just livin the Vida Sofa

    Tone, Sep 20, 2005
  18. Gareth :-\\\) voom

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Martin² writes
    >Gareth,
    >voipcheap is the same lot as voipbuster (Finarea S.A.)
    >and presumably use the same software and servers,
    >therefore it's possible to use via standard SIP protocol.

    But no-one here has come up with SIP settings that work with VoIPCheap;
    whereas there have been SIP settings posted for VoIPBuster. And it
    works!

    David

    David Floyd, Sep 20, 2005
  19. "Martin²" <> wrote in message
    > Gareth,
    > voipcheap is the same lot as voipbuster (Finarea S.A.)
    > and presumably use the same software and servers,
    > therefore it's possible to use via standard SIP protocol.
    >
    > What you need is an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) plugged in to an

    ethernet
    > port of your router, then you can plug ordinary or DECT phone in to the

    ATA.
    > The tricky bit is getting the settings right to work with voipcheap.
    > The cheapest ATA is Linksys PAP2 from broadbandbuyer.co.uk, but here are
    > better ones
    > like Sipura 2000 / 3000.
    >
    > Alternatively you can ADSL/modem/routers with built in ATA, called VoIP
    > ports in this case, ask if you are interested.
    > Regards,
    > Martin
    >
    >#

    Thanks Martin...I'll have a look at these options.

    Gareth :-\\\) voom, Sep 20, 2005