    with just opensource technology? How can I obtain a phone number that is
    publically available from PSTN?

    CH

    Christian Hansen, Nov 28, 2005

  2. Christian Hansen

    Marc Popek Guest

    what you seek is exactly excepted from and ebay listing!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5835706677&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

    COMBINE-A-LINE .. Imagine..1=2

    Ever wish you could use your favorite single-line telephone, answering
    machine, caller ID or PC Modem on TWO phone lines?.. Automatically?

    OR

    How about joining your VOIP port and the plain old (PSTN) telephone jack
    into a single handset?

    OR

    How about joining TWO VOIP ports into a single handset, answering machine,
    caller ID or PC Modem?

    USE a CLT to join a card card acceptor and your single line telephone as
    well!

    OR

    see if anybody picks-up, on another line trunk, after you are already in a
    call??? A visual real-time security feedback feature!

    THEN...........................................

    Combine-A-Line (CLT) allows two separate calls from two different lines to
    be directed to your single line telephone equipment or PC. Centralizing and
    PROTECTING (SURGE PROTECTION INSIDE) your communication equipment for your
    home office or for the family.

    Combine-A-Line supports all services from your telephone company including
    Caller ID. It also has two line surge protectors to make sure that you are
    Protecting your equipment and bi-color LEDS to indicate line tampering.

    Use combine-a-line to automatically switch between VOIP and pots (rboc)
    plain local line, hands free!

    Turn your single line wireless telephone... into a TWO line wireless
    telephone suite

    Ever see a two line dial up modem? Now you can use a CLT to join two pstn
    line to your computer modem, creating a central telephone system on a
    regular desktop computer.

    SECURITY of your calls are enhanced because the CLT displays if anybody
    picks -up the line after you are in a call! So, it has security features
    just in case someone is wire tapping or listens in after you are in a call.
    The Bi-color LED display will indicate any disruption to the line.

    Easy to use, No batteries or power supply, and no programming needed! Our
    re-sellers have reported that ..."elimination of the noisy and cumbersome
    power supply wires, reduces the Hum & Noise one hears then when connected
    to household power supplies, saves wasted energy from wall- wart transformer
    power supplies: saving energy $$$ all year long"

    Automate and organize your telecommunications equipment and desktop wires
    with Combine-A-Line.

    USE BUY NOW and get FREE SHIPPING OPTION

    WOW FREE SHIPPING!

    MaRCO

    Marc Popek, Nov 30, 2005

  3. If you are interested in a one or two lines, try an FXO device. There are
    lot's of different vendors and products available. I am familiar with the
    MediaTrix device, but there a plenty of others.

    I do more with multiple lines. I have some Cisco 3600's with a PRI module
    for Internatioal LD, and some used low end testing. GIve me the ability
    from 23 PSTN instances.

    Brian LaVallee, Dec 2, 2005