    dial it up or ring in, if you know what I mean.

    --
    Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.

    Wedell, Jun 3, 2006

  2. Wedell

    Jono Guest

    Wedell wrote on 03/06/2006 :
    > I'm looking for a piece of VOIP kit that connects directly to a standard
    > cable router and has a louspeaker and microphone which is sensitive enough to
    > pick up conversation within a room, without the need for somebody to talk
    > directly into a handset or be near the microphone. Kind of like hands free
    > kit....? I would want it to be a permanent connection without the need to
    > dial it up or ring in, if you know what I mean.

    What, like a bug or listening device?

    Jono, Jun 3, 2006

  3. Wedell

    linker3000 Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Wedell wrote on 03/06/2006 :
    >> I'm looking for a piece of VOIP kit that connects directly to a
    >> standard cable router and has a louspeaker and microphone which is
    >> sensitive enough to pick up conversation within a room, without the
    >> need for somebody to talk directly into a handset or be near the
    >> microphone. Kind of like hands free kit....? I would want it to be a
    >> permanent connection without the need to dial it up or ring in, if you
    >> know what I mean.

    > What, like a bug or listening device?

    Shurely not!

    linker3000, Jun 3, 2006
  4. Wedell

    Wedell Guest

    >> I'm looking for a piece of VOIP kit that connects directly to a standard
    >> cable router and has a louspeaker and microphone which is sensitive
    >> enough to pick up conversation within a room, without the need for
    >> somebody to talk directly into a handset or be near the microphone. Kind
    >> of like hands free kit....? I would want it to be a permanent connection
    >> without the need to dial it up or ring in, if you know what I mean.

    > What, like a bug or listening device?

    Suppose if that's what you want to call it - bit of background info may of
    helped. I've set up an IP camera in my folks home so I can see them and
    they can see me (via my own IP camera) on their laptop - it all works by
    them just turning on the laptop and I've set up there start menu so IE
    automatically loads on my IP camera server page. Now I want to be able to
    talk and listen to them and them me, but without having to use a normal
    telephone or using a dial-up VOIP service. Thought the best thing would be
    to have a microphone and loudspeaker system at each end which is directly
    connected to router and which means they don't have to do anyting
    complicated to hear/talk to me. Hope that all makes sense.

    Wedell, Jun 3, 2006
  5. Wedell

    fred Guest

    "Wedell" <> wrote in message
    >>> I'm looking for a piece of VOIP kit that connects directly to a standard
    >>> cable router and has a louspeaker and microphone which is sensitive
    >>> enough to pick up conversation within a room, without the need for
    >>> somebody to talk directly into a handset or be near the microphone.
    >>> Kind of like hands free kit....? I would want it to be a permanent
    >>> connection without the need to dial it up or ring in, if you know what I
    >>> mean.

    >> What, like a bug or listening device?
    >>

    > Suppose if that's what you want to call it - bit of background info may of
    > helped. I've set up an IP camera in my folks home so I can see them and
    > they can see me (via my own IP camera) on their laptop - it all works by
    > them just turning on the laptop and I've set up there start menu so IE
    > automatically loads on my IP camera server page. Now I want to be able to
    > talk and listen to them and them me, but without having to use a normal
    > telephone or using a dial-up VOIP service. Thought the best thing would
    > be to have a microphone and loudspeaker system at each end which is
    > directly connected to router and which means they don't have to do anyting
    > complicated to hear/talk to me. Hope that all makes sense.

    What about the US Robotics Speakerphone?
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=007702&category_oid=
    Fred

    fred, Jun 3, 2006
  6. Wedell

    Les George Guest

    Try the Jabra SP500 bluetooth speakerphone (used this one & its good) or
    thePama Plug N Go 8 bluetooth hands free speakerphone (haven't tried this
    one)

    Les George, Jun 5, 2006