    --
    Andre Gronwald

    PGP - 0x9CDEE439
    Andre Gronwald, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Andre Gronwald

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Andre Gronwald <> wrote in news:38mlerF5s9vqvU1
    @individual.net:

    > i am going to migrate my telephony to voip - at the moment i am using
    > standard isdn. therefor i am looking for a voip-gateway, which enables
    > me to plug-in standard analogue telephones. on my search for such
    > gateways i only found devices integrating a router. but for
    > routing-purposes i want to use my wrt54g furthermore...
    >
    > is that possible without problems? can you recommend any hardware?

    Hmmm not sure if this will help you, but check http://www.audiocodes.com.
    They have several devices which integrates Analog telephony into a VoIP
    network.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Andre Gronwald

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Andre Gronwald wrote:
    > hello,
    > i am going to migrate my telephony to voip - at the moment i am
    > using standard isdn. therefor i am looking for a voip-gateway,
    > which enables me to plug-in standard analogue telephones. on my
    > search for such gateways i only found devices integrating a router.
    > but for routing-purposes i want to use my wrt54g furthermore...
    >
    > is that possible without problems? can you recommend any hardware?
    >
    > thanks a lot,
    > with friendly regards,

    How many phones..? Which VoIP service..? For one or two phones in a
    domestic or small business environment, take a look at www.sipura.com.

    I use the SPA-2000 unit which has two analogue ports and works very well.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 2, 2005
  4. Andre Gronwald

    Wiz-z-z Guest

    Andre, you may want to look into http://www.packet8.net . I just subscribed
    to their service and installed their DTA310 adapter to attach my analogue
    phones to my Belkin WiFi access point/router and not only did it practically
    install itself, it works flawlessly. The DTA310 plugs into any Ethernet
    router port on one site and a RJ11 phone jack on the other. The service
    itself is a real bargain at $19.95/mo. I decided to buy a Vtech expandable
    cordless phone set to take advantage of all the new free features of Packet8
    and all get along famously with my 802.11g WiFi network. Cheers, Wizzzer

    Wiz-z-z, Mar 3, 2005

    Mediatrix (www.mediatrix.com)

    --
    Sergio Meinardi
    AIP # 2271 http://www.aipnet.it
    Sergio Meinardi, Mar 3, 2005
  6. Ivor Jones wrote:
    > How many phones..? Which VoIP service..? For one or two phones in a

    2 phones at the moment, they are connected to a telephone-system
    (t-concept xi-521)

    > domestic or small business environment, take a look at www.sipura.com.
    > I use the SPA-2000 unit which has two analogue ports and works very well.

    sipura is known by me, i read something of their products. the 3000
    seems to support the telephone-system. do you know something about that?

    with kindly regards,
    --
    Andre Gronwald

    PGP - 0x9CDEE439
    Andre Gronwald, Mar 9, 2005
  7. Wiz-z-z wrote:
    > router port on one site and a RJ11 phone jack on the other. The service
    > itself is a real bargain at $19.95/mo. I decided to buy a Vtech expandable

    well, i am living in germany, i guess i won't be able to use this service...

    --
    Andre Gronwald

    PGP - 0x9CDEE439
    Andre Gronwald, Mar 9, 2005
  8. Andre Gronwald

    Ivor Jones Guest

    > Wiz-z-z wrote:
    >> router port on one site and a RJ11 phone jack on the other. The
    >> service
    >> itself is a real bargain at $19.95/mo. I decided to buy a Vtech
    >> expandable

    > well, i am living in germany, i guess i won't be able to use this
    > service...

    If you're in Germany, take a look at Sipgate - they are based in
    Dusseldorf. Their German site is www.sipgate.de. I've been using their UK
    service for a few months now and I am very impressed.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 9, 2005
  9. Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>well, i am living in germany, i guess i won't be able to use this
    >>service...

    > If you're in Germany, take a look at Sipgate - they are based in
    > Dusseldorf. Their German site is www.sipgate.de. I've been using their UK
    > service for a few months now and I am very impressed.

    i have already an account at sipgate, it looks very fine. that is the
    cause why i need hardware for using voip efficiently...

    --
    Andre Gronwald

    PGP - 0x9CDEE439
    Andre Gronwald, Mar 9, 2005
  10. Andre Gronwald

    Ivor Jones Guest

    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>>well, i am living in germany, i guess i won't be able to use this
    >>>service...

    >> If you're in Germany, take a look at Sipgate - they are based in
    >> Dusseldorf. Their German site is www.sipgate.de. I've been using their
    >> UK
    >> service for a few months now and I am very impressed.

    > i have already an account at sipgate, it looks very fine. that is the
    > cause why i need hardware for using voip efficiently...

    Ok, well I don't know the Sipura 3000 you mentioned personally, but
    looking at it on the website I see it only has a single phone port,
    whereas the 2000 that I have has two. If a single port is sufficient for
    you then go ahead, but I'd prefer the flexibility of adding a second phone
    without buying a second device..!

    The 3000 does have additional features like automatic call routing but I
    don't have a need for this.

    All the best,

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 9, 2005
  11. Andre Gronwald

    sTj Guest

    Lucas Tam wrote:
    > Andre Gronwald <> wrote in news:38mlerF5s9vqvU1
    > @individual.net:
    >

    >>i am going to migrate my telephony to voip - at the moment i am using
    >>standard isdn. therefor i am looking for a voip-gateway, which enables
    >>me to plug-in standard analogue telephones. on my search for such
    >>gateways i only found devices integrating a router. but for
    >>routing-purposes i want to use my wrt54g furthermore...
    >>
    >>is that possible without problems? can you recommend any hardware?

    > Hmmm not sure if this will help you, but check http://www.audiocodes.com.
    > They have several devices which integrates Analog telephony into a VoIP
    > network.

    The newer MediaTrix VoIP ATA does IP Passthrough out of the box so may
    be closer to what you're looking for. It will pass your public IP back
    to the router and continue to chug on like a champ on the VoIP side of
    things. Keep in mind that any device you find, so long as it's in front
    of your Linksys, is going to take priority over port 5060 and whichever
    RTP ports are being used to send the voice data.
    Other than that, if you can find a similar device that will strictly
    passthrough the public IP then I think you might achieve what you want.
    sTj, Mar 9, 2005
  12. "Andre Gronwald" <> wrote in message

    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > > How many phones..? Which VoIP service..? For one or two phones in a

    > 2 phones at the moment, they are connected to a telephone-system
    > (t-concept xi-521)
    >
    > > domestic or small business environment, take a look at www.sipura.com.
    > > I use the SPA-2000 unit which has two analogue ports and works very

    well.

    > sipura is known by me, i read something of their products. the 3000
    > seems to support the telephone-system. do you know something about that?

    In the 3000 one FXS port is replaced by an FXO port, so that the device
    can work as VoIP <->PSTN gateway. For more details see
    http://sipura.com/support/spa3000faq/ and the user guide at
    http://sipura.com/Documents/SipuraSPAUserGuidev2.0.9.pdf (which also
    covers the 2000 and other models).

    Enzo
    Enzo Michelangeli, Mar 10, 2005
  13. thx a lot!

    --
    Andre Gronwald

    PGP - 0x9CDEE439
    Andre Gronwald, Mar 10, 2005
  14. sTj wrote:
    > The newer MediaTrix VoIP ATA does IP Passthrough out of the box so may
    > be closer to what you're looking for. It will pass your public IP back

    you are totally right!
    thx for your answer!

    --
    Andre Gronwald

    PGP - 0x9CDEE439
    Andre Gronwald, Mar 16, 2005
  15. Andre Gronwald

    Marc H.Popek Guest

    These items move very quickly!

    they are here now!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5762061730&ssPageNam
    e=STRK:MESE:IT

    "Marc H.Popek" <> wrote in message news:...
    > They are moving so fast and perform well .. One of the larger re-sellers
    > has pointed out a feature that I had not mentioned before:
    >
    > "As the CLT unit is self powered from the Phone line, there is no path for
    > hum and noise to be picked up from the use of wall mounted transformers

    and
    > plug in the wall powered units"
    >
    > This is true
    > CLT provides the quietest switch in the industry and a real-world solution
    > for conveniently joining your voip and POTS service into a single
    > point...the CLT...surge protected to protect your equipment and easy to

    use

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5760803520&ssPageNam

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5753393677&ssPageNam
    > > e=STRK:MESE:IT
    > >
    > > "Marc H.Popek" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hello,
    > > >
    > > > Now you can join your low cost VOIP port and your local pstn port into

    > > > single port, automatically! The combine-a-line device combine two

    > > telephone
    > > > port and auto routes them to your favorite single line Telco gear.

    Some
    > > use
    > > > it too make single line phone operate on two phone lines, other join

    > voip
    > > > and pstn.
    > > >
    > > > In all cases, no power supply is needed so your desktop clutter is

    > > reduced!,
    > > > all port are surge protected to prevent damage to all of your

    equipment.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5752429078&ssPageNam

    Marc H.Popek, Mar 20, 2005
  16. Andre Gronwald

    John Harper Guest

    I live in McAllen, Texas, USA. Vonage and Lingo cannot yet offer a
    local toll free number, so it was important that my SBC number be
    ported. Packet8 could not only port my SBC number, but they offered a
    local temparary number that could be called from the McAllen area toll
    free. I ruled out RoadRunner (Time Warner Cable) by price alone
    ($39.95/month).

    I signed up with Packet8 on March 7, 2005 at $19.95/month. I faxed my
    application to have my SBC number ported to my Packet8 account on March
    8, 2005. I received my Packet8 device, hooked it up, and activated it
    on March 17, 2005. My old SBC phone number was ported on April 8, 2005.
    The transfer was almost seamless (a phone call to Packet8) when my SBC
    service was terminated.

    So far, everything seems to be working as advertised. Call forwarding,
    Call waiting, Caller ID, Voicemail, Etc. Also, my use history is
    available on the Packet8 site and is impacted within 10 seconds of my
    hanging up the phone.

    Quality of the voice is as good as my experience with SBC. I wear
    hearing aids and voice quality is important.

    So far, so good. Time will tell..
    John Harper, Apr 10, 2005
  17. Andre Gronwald

    Mitel Lurker Guest

    And tell us please, what happens if you need to dial 9-1-1 ??
    On the off chance that you haven't made a "test" call, I certainly would
    recommend doing so.

    Mitel Lurker, Apr 11, 2005
  18. Andre Gronwald

    Carl Navarro Guest

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:47:10 -0500, Mitel Lurker
    <wdg@[206.180.145.133] wrote:

    >And tell us please, what happens if you need to dial 9-1-1 ??
    >On the off chance that you haven't made a "test" call, I certainly would
    >recommend doing so.

    You can opt to subscribe to Packet8's E-911 service. $3/month.

    Carl Navarro

    Carl Navarro, Apr 11, 2005