VoIP in Ad-hoc n/w

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by sunny, Jun 29, 2006.

  1. sunny

    sunny Guest

    HI,
    Need help in desiging VoIP service for Ad-hoc n/ws. Objective
    is that there should be no cenralised point in it. It will be useful
    in scenarios like Disasters when different teams arrive and they need
    to communicate.

    *It will use sip to communicate, (each node will be having sip server
    and client)
    *Routing protocol in Ad-hoc n/w will be AODV
    *Each node has to broadcast its presence to others
    *There should be no IP address conflict, I thought of using Duplicate
    Address Detection (DAD)

    So please suggest me

    #What sip server will be appropriate ( SER, Asterisk, Partysip...?)
    #How to do DAD
    #Do I need any DNS services

    In my view a SIP proxy server is required to make DNS queries and
    forward the calls to appropriate domain....
    In above case......do I really need Sip proxy server......???

    Need your suggestions?
    Gurminder

    sunny, Jun 29, 2006

  2. sunny

    outlooker Guest

    Hi, Gurminder,

    If you are considering more about Ad-hoc meeting.I think a MCU is must.But
    no one can guarantee free SIP proxy could work smoothly with a commercial
    MCU.

    Among commercial SIP proxies, VCON's MXM, CLICK TO MEET and Microsoft LCS
    support MCU well or have soft MCU(host based).

    And I would recommend neither CISCO CallManager 5.0 nor CISCO SIP Proxy
    Server 2.X, as they do not support third party endpoint well.

    Joe

    outlooker, Jun 29, 2006