    Cheers

    Peter

    Please remove the invalid to reply

    Peter, Sep 4, 2005

  2. Peter

    Alan Ramsay Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a reasonable quality headset to enable me to use Skype
    > from my PC - can anyone recomend a reasonably priced one? (one that
    > includes a mike obviously !)
    > Likewise, would appreciate being warned of any models to steer clear
    > of.

    Peter,

    Whilst not a headset, I've used this handset for a week or two now, and find
    it quite good:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VoIP-Skype-US...31262QQcategoryZ67921QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

    I know it's an eBay store, but have found the service, whilst not especially
    the same as what you would expect from a web based retailer to be not too
    bad. (i.e.. took about 3 days from order to delivery, rather than next day).

    HTH

    Alan

    Alan Ramsay, Sep 4, 2005

  3. Peter

    Nick Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a reasonable quality headset to enable me to use Skype
    > from my PC - can anyone recomend a reasonably priced one? (one that
    > includes a mike obviously !)
    > Likewise, would appreciate being warned of any models to steer clear
    > of.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    >
    > Peter
    >
    > Please remove the invalid to reply

    Cheap and cheerful is the answer. You'll find headset/boom mics at computer
    fairs from £1.

    Nick, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Peter

    Stickems. Guest

    Try the Pound Shop.

    Stickems., Sep 5, 2005
  5. Peter

    AD C Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a reasonable quality headset to enable me to use Skype
    > from my PC - can anyone recomend a reasonably priced one? (one that
    > includes a mike obviously !)
    > Likewise, would appreciate being warned of any models to steer clear
    > of.

    It depends how much you want to give. I have just ordered a plantronics
    one from Ebuyer.com for just under £26 + postage.It fits into the Usb
    port, which saves me mucking around behind the computer and it is also
    another sound card, so it can be separate from the main sound chip.

    It comes in two parts, the headset and microphone, which have normal
    3.5mm jacks on and the USB dongle.

    I don't know what it is like, if it is know good it can go back, but
    Plantronics is suppose to be a good make. I need a new head set for
    voice recognition, MSN and dictation.

    Here is the link, via tiny URL.

    http://heh.pl/&1VG

    I do agree with the answers above. Sometimes cheaper microphones are
    better than the more expensive, but I need noise canceling.

    AD C, Sep 5, 2005