    I'm also interested in NZ providers who deliver VoIP <--> PSTN. Are
    there any?

    Cheers Don
    Don Gould, May 12, 2004

  2. Don Gould wrote:
    > I'm also interested in NZ providers who deliver VoIP <--> PSTN. Are
    > there any?

    you may be able to contact a few of the alternate toll providers about
    this sort of thing... surely they have it? at least in trials...

    I'll ask a few contacts and get back to you.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 12, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> I'm also interested in NZ providers who deliver VoIP <--> PSTN. Are
    >> there any?

    > you may be able to contact a few of the alternate toll providers about
    > this sort of thing... surely they have it? at least in trials...
    >
    > I'll ask a few contacts and get back to you.

    well the first one said not at the moment, which usually means, when
    theres a market, we'll join it.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 12, 2004
  4. Don Gould

    colinco Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > I'll ask a few contacts and get back to you.

    There usually is a short delay :)
    colinco, May 12, 2004
  5. Don Gould

    John Burns Guest

    "Don Gould" <> wrote in message
    > I'm interested in finding VoIP equipment suppliers in NZ for low end low
    > cost VoIP equipment.
    >
    > Low cost IP phones.
    >
    > Are there any low cost IP cordless units yet?
    >
    > Low cost VoIP --> POTS trunk devices for plugging into phone systems.
    >
    > The reason I'm interested is because of the growing number of VoIP
    > providers overseas.
    >
    > I also see VoIP as a way to get far more 'trunks on demand' into
    > businesses.
    >
    > I'm also interested in NZ providers who deliver VoIP <--> PSTN. Are
    > there any?
    >
    > Cheers Don

    Don,
    Ihug offer VoIP services. Send me an email to john at ihugbusiness.co.nz
    with what you want to know and I will try to answer what I can.

    Cheers
    John Burns
    John Burns, May 12, 2004
  6. Don Gould

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:20:57 +1200, Don Gould wrote:

    > I'm also interested in NZ providers who deliver VoIP <--> PSTN. Are there
    > any?

    I'm don't think this is what you are after, but I thought someone might be
    interested...

    Our company uses VoIP phones as our 'PBX', they are rented from Commverge
    (I think they are part of Call Plus) who run an ASP style virtual PBX that
    we connect to through Citylink (Citylink are resellers of the system). I
    suppose it's like a VoIP version of centrix. So we don't actually have any
    regular phone lines coming into the office - just cat-5 ethernet inside
    and out.

    They offer web access to your voice mailbox and faxes plus some other
    Outlook integration stuff that we don't use.

    Currently it uses expensive Cisco phones (a bit like the ones on the 24 TV
    program) and infrastructure, but they are about to move to a different
    VoIP infrastructure that will allow cheaper standards based phones to
    connect.

    Apparently the Citylink guys have played around with cordless Wifi phones
    that allow them to pick up their office extension anywhere on Cafenet. I
    don't know if that stuff is available to everyone yet though.

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., May 12, 2004
  7. Don Gould wrote:

    > I'm interested in finding VoIP equipment suppliers in NZ for low end low
    > cost VoIP equipment.

    <SNIP>
    Take a look at fx.net.nz and chat with Roger there, he may be of some
    help. Smart cookie. I understand they can supply some low end VoIP
    phones too.

    > I'm also interested in NZ providers who deliver VoIP <--> PSTN. Are
    > there any?

    <SNIP>
    Commverge is worth a look.

    We use an open source product called Astrisk
    (http://www.asteriskpbx.org/)as our inter-office PBX. Nice product. I
    have been mainly using a softSIP phone on my laptop, but can use a
    standard phone too.

    Hope this is of some help.
    William Hamilton, May 13, 2004