VoIP gateways

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Matthew Bates, Aug 6, 2004.

  1. Hey,

    I've just started playing with VoIP from Pipecall and I'm generally
    impressed. The call quality is acceptable and the rates are
    exceptionally good and the incoming 0845s are perfect for our small
    business.

    With my entrepreneurial hat on, I'm keen to explore VoIP further,
    particularly as I can see a market niche. I can appreciate that setting
    a fully-fledged VoIP infrastructure is completely beyond me,
    particularly financially. However I am interested in how I could
    utilise provide VoIP by either reselling or setting up a virtual
    infrastructure (using gateways etc).

    I have done some very initial research and read up on SER. Setting up
    the SIP side of things seems achievable however I am almost stumped when
    it comes to the SIP -> PSTN gateway. Well, I say stumped, but I'm just
    not sure who to approach with regard to buying in these services,
    particularly as I'm not wishing to purchase on an enterprise level.

    Can anybody recommend any services that might be good for me to
    investigate? Are there any suppliers on the newsgroup that can get in
    touch with me?

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Matthew Bates

    Matthew Bates, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Take a look at asterisk www.asterisk.org as a gateway

    Juan G. Castaneda, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Matthew Bates

    James Body Guest

    James Body, Aug 16, 2004
  4. Matthew Bates

    Mark Turner Guest

    James Body <> wrote:

    >The following all run two way UK centric SIP<>PSTN Gateways:

    So do we, with 0845 or geographic numbers:

    InterViVo (http://www.intervivo.net)

    Cheers,

    Mark.

    Mark Turner, Aug 16, 2004