    Thanks in Advance!!!
    Jochen

    , Jun 15, 2005

  2. Miguel Cruz Guest

    <> wrote:
    > I'm searching for a (of course cheap) VoIP solution with the following
    > requirements.
    >
    > - adequate replacment for existent analog phone
    > - answerphone
    > - being able to do calls from a computer (LAN)
    > - being able to call by hardware-phone
    > - queue for incoming calls
    > - piping the calls to other internal members
    > - Using the existent DSL Connection (I don't want a Gateway for my LAN
    > directly into the telephone-net, ISDN/analog)
    > - managed call-back service
    >
    > Is Asterisk in connection with a SIP-Accout (e.g. sipgate.com) the
    > right solution? Can Asterisk handle multiple Phone-Members within my
    > LAN?

    Asterisk can do everything you've listed here. Some of the items will have a
    bit of a do-it-yourself component though.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Guest

    I have a question here:
    Don't you need a media gateway to route the voice traffic no matter
    what?
    If you do not need a media gateway, what would be the alternative way
    to route the voice traffic?
    Thanx in advance.
    Deniz.

    Miguel Cruz wrote:
    > <> wrote:
    > > I'm searching for a (of course cheap) VoIP solution with the following
    > > requirements.
    > >
    > > - adequate replacment for existent analog phone
    > > - answerphone
    > > - being able to do calls from a computer (LAN)
    > > - being able to call by hardware-phone
    > > - queue for incoming calls
    > > - piping the calls to other internal members
    > > - Using the existent DSL Connection (I don't want a Gateway for my LAN
    > > directly into the telephone-net, ISDN/analog)
    > > - managed call-back service
    > >
    > > Is Asterisk in connection with a SIP-Accout (e.g. sipgate.com) the
    > > right solution? Can Asterisk handle multiple Phone-Members within my
    > > LAN?

    > Asterisk can do everything you've listed here. Some of the items will have a
    > bit of a do-it-yourself component though.
    >
    > miguel
    > --
    > Hit The Road! Photos from 36 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
    > Latest photos: Queens Day in Amsterdam; the Grand Canyon; Amman, Jordan

    , Jun 16, 2005
  4. Miguel Cruz Guest

    Deniz <> wrote:
    > Miguel Cruz wrote:
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> I'm searching for a (of course cheap) VoIP solution with the following
    >>> requirements.
    >>>
    >>> - adequate replacment for existent analog phone
    >>> - answerphone
    >>> - being able to do calls from a computer (LAN)
    >>> - being able to call by hardware-phone
    >>> - queue for incoming calls
    >>> - piping the calls to other internal members
    >>> - Using the existent DSL Connection (I don't want a Gateway for my LAN
    >>> directly into the telephone-net, ISDN/analog)
    >>> - managed call-back service
    >>>
    >>> Is Asterisk in connection with a SIP-Accout (e.g. sipgate.com) the
    >>> right solution? Can Asterisk handle multiple Phone-Members within my
    >>> LAN?

    >> Asterisk can do everything you've listed here. Some of the items will
    >> have a bit of a do-it-yourself component though.

    > I have a question here:
    > Don't you need a media gateway to route the voice traffic no matter
    > what?
    > If you do not need a media gateway, what would be the alternative way
    > to route the voice traffic?

    Unless you will only be using IP phones (and talking to other people who use
    IP phones) you will need a media gateway.

    With the appropriate hardware, Asterisk can serve that function. However, in
    many cases it is simpler to pay for the services of one or more external
    commercial VoIP providers.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Jun 16, 2005
  5. pump973 Guest