    I'd like to use VOIP GW to a router port that only works correctly at 10mb.

    Thanks for any help or advice

    Terry
    Terry S., Feb 15, 2006

  2. Terry S.

    Guest

    Please share anything learned

    Terry S. wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have a SunRocket AC-211-SR VOIP Gateway. It's label show's that it works
    > at either 10 or 100mb. Anyone know a way to force the unit to run at 10mb?
    > I'd like to use VOIP GW to a router port that only works correctly at 10mb.
    >
    > Thanks for any help or advice
    >
    > Terry
    , Feb 16, 2006

  3. Terry S.

    Ivor Jones Guest

    " Terry S." <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I have a SunRocket AC-211-SR VOIP Gateway. It's label
    > show's that it works at either 10 or 100mb. Anyone know
    > a way to force the unit to run at 10mb? I'd like to use
    > VOIP GW to a router port that only works correctly at
    > 10mb.
    >
    > Thanks for any help or advice
    >
    > Terry

    Surely the link should auto-negotiate to the fastest speed *both* ends
    support..? I have a printer server that only works at 10Mbit, when I plug
    it into my 100Mbit switch the LED that indicates 100Mbit doesn't come on,
    indicating that port is running at 10Mbit.

    Just plug it in and see what it does.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Feb 16, 2006
  4. Terry S.

    Terry Smith Guest

    Ivor

    It if worked I wouldn't be trying to figure out how to do the workaround.
    The problem is auto-negotiate. I need it off so I can force it to a speed
    where the port works rather then the 100MB that it's thinks it's working at

    Terry Smith, Feb 16, 2006