VoIP Gateway Identification

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Alan Murrell, Mar 25, 2005.

  1. Alan Murrell

    Alan Murrell Guest

    Hi There,

    I recently picked up a bunch of computer parts,and among them appears
    to be a VoIP gateway, however, I am having trouble identifying it so I
    can find a user manual for it. I have some pictures of it here:

    http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001941
    http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001942
    http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001943
    http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001944
    http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001945
    http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001946

    Unfortunately, not all the pictures look good, but they should give an
    idea of what it is.

    Basically, the only identifier on it is in the upper right on the
    front, where it has "VF 9600". There are no other labels, serial
    numbers, etc. on the unit.

    The back has what appear to be two RJ45 jacks labelled "EN 1" and "EN
    2", and four RJ11 jacks labelled "Line 2", "Phone 2", "Line 1", and
    "Phone 1".

    There is also a serial console port, but I have not had any success in
    getting any sort of serial access when connecting a serial cable to it
    (I do know how to connect to a device using a serial connection; I do
    it every day at work)

    Any light you may be able to shed on this would be great. I am
    planning onsetting up a VoIP PBX using Asterisk at home, and amwanting
    to see if this VoIP gateway might be a suitable alternative to
    purchasing some hardware from Digium.

    Thank you, in advance.

    Sincerely,

    Alan Murrell

    Alan Murrell, Mar 25, 2005

  2. Alan Murrell

    dc Guest

    Alan Murrell wrote:
    > Hi There,
    >
    > I recently picked up a bunch of computer parts,and among them appears
    > to be a VoIP gateway, however, I am having trouble identifying it so I
    > can find a user manual for it. I have some pictures of it here:
    >
    > http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001941
    > http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001942
    > http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001943
    > http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001944
    > http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001945
    > http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001946
    >
    > Unfortunately, not all the pictures look good, but they should give an
    > idea of what it is.
    >
    > Basically, the only identifier on it is in the upper right on the
    > front, where it has "VF 9600". There are no other labels, serial
    > numbers, etc. on the unit.
    >
    > The back has what appear to be two RJ45 jacks labelled "EN 1" and "EN
    > 2", and four RJ11 jacks labelled "Line 2", "Phone 2", "Line 1", and
    > "Phone 1".
    >
    > There is also a serial console port, but I have not had any success in
    > getting any sort of serial access when connecting a serial cable to it
    > (I do know how to connect to a device using a serial connection; I do
    > it every day at work)
    >
    > Any light you may be able to shed on this would be great. I am
    > planning onsetting up a VoIP PBX using Asterisk at home, and amwanting
    > to see if this VoIP gateway might be a suitable alternative to
    > purchasing some hardware from Digium.
    >
    > Thank you, in advance.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Alan Murrell