VOIP for SOHO

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Paul, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hi all,
    I have been lurking for a while and I wanted to pose this question.
    I'm looking to setup a VOIP solution for a small office (10-user) as
    well as support up to 10 more people at home offices.

    I have been looking at a number of products and I'm wondering if
    someone can point me in the right direction for resources or product
    comparisons.

    Personally, I support a ~300 user Call Manager installation by day and
    I figure that this type of enterprise solution (even using the express
    products) is far too expensive.

    I was looking at something like the 3Com VOIP solution or purchasing
    one of these VOIP/NAT Firewall boxes - but there are so many vendors
    and none of which I have heard of before.

    Does anyone have any "Love/Hate" stories of products for this size
    small office? Presume the needs are similar to a small legal office, 3
    or 4 incoming lines? and voicemail.

    Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Paul

    Steve Guest

    Sure Paul, reply to this email and I would be happy to send you a response.
    It appears your email address is not valid, for obvious reasons.

    Steve

    Steve, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Hammond of Texas, Jul 23, 2004
  4. Hello,

    > I have been lurking for a while and I wanted to pose this question.
    > I'm looking to setup a VOIP solution for a small office (10-user) as
    > well as support up to 10 more people at home offices.

    Perhaps it will be suitable for you? http://www.pbxpress.com/ It is a
    small PBX box (running on the PC cube).
    - Configurable from the web interface
    - Supports different types of SIP phones, NAT traversal, auto-detection on
    the new SIP phones on the local network
    - Can send outgoing calls to VoIP
    - Or can use existing PSTN lines for local calls or as a backup in case if
    VoIP fails
    - Can record the voice conversations and back them up on the CD/DVD disk

    WBR, Andrew
    --
    Andrew Zhilenko
    Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying,
    Andrew Zhilenko, Jul 24, 2004
  5. Paul

    sc Guest

    > I have been lurking for a while and I wanted to pose this question.
    > I'm looking to setup a VOIP solution for a small office (10-user) as
    > well as support up to 10 more people at home offices.
    >
    > I have been looking at a number of products and I'm wondering if
    > someone can point me in the right direction for resources or product
    > comparisons.

    take a look at
    www.spiderstar.com

    its a voip pbx for small offices.