VoIP for internal telephone system in UK

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Nortec in MN, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Nortec in MN

    Nortec in MN Guest

    The biggest question is what are your needs. VoIP tends to be oversold, so
    look at what your current and future needs are and start from there.

    If you have (or will have) a need for VoIP, toss a ITG card in your Meridian
    and save the expense of a forklift upgrade.

    "Rob Nicholson" <> wrote in message
    > I know the basics of the technology but that's about all. We're going to

    be
    > moving office soon and we're considering dumping our Nortel Meridian PBX
    > system and thinking about IP telephony.
    >
    > Any links to reference material on setting up a medium sized (50 people)
    > VoIP system for internal phone system? Of course, it'll need to talk to

    the

    Rob Nicholson, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Nortec in MN

    Ian Guest

    > I know the basics of the technology but that's about all. We're going to

    be
    > moving office soon and we're considering dumping our Nortel Meridian PBX
    > system and thinking about IP telephony.
    >
    > Any links to reference material on setting up a medium sized (50 people)
    > VoIP system for internal phone system? Of course, it'll need to talk to

    the
    > existing external telephone network :)
    >
    > Thanks, Rob.

    Hi Rob

    All the major system suppliers supply VOIP systems and have done for the
    last few years, For the last couple of years thats all they want to supply.
    Have a look on the web, The major UK suppliers are Mitel with the 3300,
    Cisco etc.

    Ian Plain
    www.cyber-cottage.co.uk
    Ian, Jul 14, 2004