    shared information and network facilities wherever they are. "

    Comments?

    - just curious

    Rick Merrill, Apr 10, 2005

  2. Rick Merrill wrote:

    > "One of the benefits of IP-telephony is that IP addresses refer to a
    > specific device and not a location. This can be very useful for
    > organisations which are geographically dispersed or employ home workers
    > or sales teams who work away from the main office. ... "

    Fine. This describes the reason why lots of companies find their way to
    VoIP. The "location" of an IP number or an URI is changeable very simple
    because there are things like DNS and so on. This is much simpler than
    to change a telephone numbering plan.

    But more and more telephone companies are switching to IP technology. So
    a "normal phone number" can be made as "movable" as an IP number in
    future using the same technology. ENUM is a step into this direction.

    Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Barth, Apr 10, 2005

  3. Rick Merrill

    Guest

    VoiP is all around the globe!

    Check this site www.telextreme.com/181066/ and discover this marvelous
    opportunity to call UNIMITED to more than 20 countries for a very low
    monthly rate or even virtually ELIMINATE your long distance phone bill!

    Our company, which implements VoIP and WiFI technology,
    offers you the latest technology in communications and saves you money
    on domestic and international calls. The only thing you need is your
    broadband Internet connection and you're ready TO SAVE and TO DO money!

    Please check out this opportunity for complete details at:
    www.telextreme.com/181066/
    or E-mail me at with any questions.

    Best Wishes,
    Supreme Voip
    TelExtreme Team Member

    , Apr 10, 2005
  4. Rick Merrill

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    <> wrote:
    > Check this site www.telextreme.com/spammerid/ and discover this marvelous
    > opportunity to call UNIMITED to more than 20 countries for a very low
    > monthly rate or even virtually ELIMINATE your long distance phone bill!

    Why use that when there is cheaper, indubitably better, and much less spammy
    service available from broadvoice.com ?

    miguel
    Latest photos: Jordan, Turkey, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Israel

    Miguel Cruz, Apr 10, 2005
  5. Rick Merrill

    supreme voip Guest

    for me is working perfect. the rates are not expensive and i can call
    to too many places . then is very simple to connect and I can travel
    with it.. so it become my mobile voip.. I know there are too many voip
    services around.. but with this one not only you save on your phone
    bill but it also gives you the chance to earn an extra income.. I don't
    see anything bad on this... and you?
    greetings,
    supreme voip

    supreme voip, Apr 11, 2005
  6. Rick Merrill

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    supreme voip <> wrote:
    > for me is working perfect. the rates are not expensive and i can call
    > to too many places . then is very simple to connect and I can travel
    > with it.. so it become my mobile voip.. I know there are too many voip
    > services around..

    Which are better.

    > but with this one not only you save on your phone bill but it also gives
    > you the chance to earn an extra income.. I don't see anything bad on
    > this... and you?

    Yes, I do - as with so many of these pyramid scams that "give you the chance
    to earn extra income", the actual result is spam that the rest of us have to
    put up with.

    Anyway, you'll get bored and give up when you realize that you're not
    actually earning anything, so have at it.

    Miguel Cruz, Apr 11, 2005
  7. Rick Merrill

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Miguel Cruz wrote:
    > supreme voip <> wrote:
    >
    >>for me is working perfect. the rates are not expensive and i can call
    >>to too many places . then is very simple to connect and I can travel
    >>with it.. so it become my mobile voip.. I know there are too many voip
    >>services around..

    > Which are better.
    >

    >>but with this one not only you save on your phone bill but it also gives
    >>you the chance to earn an extra income.. I don't see anything bad on
    >>this... and you?

    > Yes, I do - as with so many of these pyramid scams that "give you the chance
    > to earn extra income", the actual result is spam that the rest of us have to
    > put up with.

    Waid-a-minute please, what is this "extra income"???

    Rick Merrill, Apr 11, 2005
  8. Rick Merrill

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Rick Merrill <> wrote:
    > Miguel Cruz wrote:
    >> supreme voip <> wrote:
    >>> but with this one not only you save on your phone bill but it also gives
    >>> you the chance to earn an extra income.. I don't see anything bad on
    >>> this... and you?

    >> Yes, I do - as with so many of these pyramid scams that "give you the chance
    >> to earn extra income", the actual result is spam that the rest of us have to
    >> put up with.

    > Waid-a-minute please, what is this "extra income"???

    This "supreme voip" guy has been suckered into doing someone else's
    advertising for them through an incentive scheme. You'll see that the URLs
    he posts in his spam messages have ID numbers that identify users he
    referred to the web site.

    The two problems with supreme voip's fantasy are:

    A) None of these schemes ever pays out anything significant, despite the line
    of crap he was fed by whoever recruited him, so he will end up spending more
    time than it's worth. In almost every case the sucker in his role could make
    a lot more money at a minimum-wage burger flipping job.

    B) Because he has no useful resources or skills for advertising, he's stuck
    with loser approaches like spamming newsgroups, which just results in closed
    internet accounts and pissed-off people trying to make his life difficult.

    Miguel Cruz, Apr 11, 2005