VOIP for CANADIAN with DID's

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by m, Dec 10, 2004.

  1. m

    m Guest

    I recently been using Babytel.ca great provider works great but I need
    to call area codes that they charge $0.04 a min. I can not call outside
    of say toronto and surrounding area like markem or ajax . (normaly
    would be a local call if you have a POTS (normal line phone) with a area
    code of 416. I can live with this for now. but when you see american
    VOIP providers offering unlimited across north america and beyond and
    asterisk friendly with like tons of features like busy forwarding you
    really wounder.

    Recently I tryed to join broadvoice. They are a well respected compan.
    seem to have nice reviews. Since I have my own equipment and they
    welcome it not limit me I emailed support.

    Apparently I can get the service but i am in able to get a Canadian DID
    (Direct inbound Dial) phone number. They have not expanded this far yet.
    they even do not do toll free calls.

    So Thats fine but they also do not accept canadian creidit cards... (ugh)

    So my next hope is to get a american credit card (can I do this?!

    now the toll free part thats no biggie , freeworld dial you can go get a
    freenumber and dial *1800 whatever and it works. Thats so cool

    I highly recommend everyone to publicly display there Free world Dial
    numbers and to add them to there PBX as incoming and outgoing lines
    cause its your way of saying screw the monopolies and embrace open source.

    m.
    m, Dec 10, 2004

  2. m

    m Guest

    so no one knows of a VOIP provider that has a 416 or tronto DID and has
    busy forwarding.. with unlimited incoming calls?

    Come on someone has to know one. i have been scouring the internet..
    most places there sales staf no crap all and there emails take forever
    to get responce from..

    someone ?! know of a canadian friendly provider?

    m, Dec 16, 2004

  3. m

    MAL123

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Babytel is absolutely amazing. I've been using it for a year now and the service is exceptional. The times i've had to contact their customer service to ask questions they've been very quick via email. The service has never gone down since i've been using it other then my ISP going down overnight once. As far as calling plans I myself have the 500 minutes anywhere in Canada and US with unlimited incoming because this is sufficient for me. If you need more I would recommend going with the Unlimited Canada and US plan for 30$, its well worth it and is still very much below the normal phone provider's price range when you think of all the features you get.
    MAL123, Sep 21, 2007