    --
    SR

    Please remove SPAMBUSTER to reply via email.

    Subba Rao, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Subba Rao

    Bob Goddard Guest

    Subba Rao wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am posting this as a consumer of broadband Internet phone (Vonage).
    > It looks like there are many new VOIP phone companies (Lingo, AT&T
    > etc).
    > Is there any comparitive information of the quality of the phone
    > calls? The new company Lingo.com seems to be offering a great deal,
    > but
    > is the quality any good? I am happy with Vonage. My girlfriend wants
    > broadband phone. We can't decide which one she should use. Lingo.com
    > is offering a very good ($$) deal. However, it looks like a small and
    > new company.
    >
    > Any information and advice appreciated. Thank you in advance.

    Since you're not smart enough to post to the proper group, I'd stick
    to a couple of tin cans and piece of string.

    Bob Goddard, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Subba Rao

    charlie3 Guest

    Re: VOIP - vonage and skyp

    I'm a satisfied vonage customer too who went the whole way, ported my
    home phone number and dropped the local phone account (my cell phone
    is my backup). I've noticed the new companies starting up and I'm
    interested in what they offer but not tempted to change.

    I've written before that Vonage is the right product at the right
    price for me right now. I expect vonage will respond to the
    competition if there is too much difference in value for the dollar.
    If I find they are simply outclassed by some competitor and not likely
    to respond I could end up changing services but I don't see that right
    now.

    Besides Vonage and a Verizon cell phone I added another tool to the
    mix, Skypeout. It is a cheaper less capable substitute for the Vonage
    softphone. Vonage wants $10 every month for 500 minutes. Skypeout
    gives me 600 minutes and 6 months to use them. The Vonage softphone
    would be able to take incoming calls from my regular vonage service.
    Skypeout can only do outgoing calls but the difference in the terms
    was the deciding factor for me. Skype is useful to me for making
    outgoing calls where I have a hotspot and don't want to use cell phone
    minutes.

    charlie3, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Subba Rao

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    Re: VOIP - vonage and skyp

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I'm a satisfied vonage customer too who went the whole way, ported my
    > home phone number and dropped the local phone account (my cell phone
    > is my backup). I've noticed the new companies starting up and I'm
    > interested in what they offer but not tempted to change.
    >
    > I've written before that Vonage is the right product at the right
    > price for me right now. I expect vonage will respond to the
    > competition if there is too much difference in value for the dollar.
    > If I find they are simply outclassed by some competitor and not likely
    > to respond I could end up changing services but I don't see that right
    > now.
    >
    > Besides Vonage and a Verizon cell phone I added another tool to the
    > mix, Skypeout. It is a cheaper less capable substitute for the Vonage
    > softphone. Vonage wants $10 every month for 500 minutes. Skypeout
    > gives me 600 minutes and 6 months to use them. The Vonage softphone
    > would be able to take incoming calls from my regular vonage service.
    > Skypeout can only do outgoing calls but the difference in the terms
    > was the deciding factor for me. Skype is useful to me for making
    > outgoing calls where I have a hotspot and don't want to use cell phone
    > minutes.

    And it's related to comp.dcom.sys.cisco, how?

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostres, Sep 9, 2004
  5. Subba Rao

    Subba Rao Guest

    Re: VOIP - vonage and skyp

    charlie3 wrote:
    > I'm a satisfied vonage customer too who went the whole way, ported my
    > home phone number and dropped the local phone account (my cell phone
    > is my backup). I've noticed the new companies starting up and I'm
    > interested in what they offer but not tempted to change.
    >
    > I've written before that Vonage is the right product at the right
    > price for me right now. I expect vonage will respond to the
    > competition if there is too much difference in value for the dollar.
    > If I find they are simply outclassed by some competitor and not likely
    > to respond I could end up changing services but I don't see that right
    > now.
    >
    > Besides Vonage and a Verizon cell phone I added another tool to the
    > mix, Skypeout. It is a cheaper less capable substitute for the Vonage
    > softphone. Vonage wants $10 every month for 500 minutes. Skypeout
    > gives me 600 minutes and 6 months to use them. The Vonage softphone
    > would be able to take incoming calls from my regular vonage service.
    > Skypeout can only do outgoing calls but the difference in the terms
    > was the deciding factor for me. Skype is useful to me for making
    > outgoing calls where I have a hotspot and don't want to use cell phone
    > minutes.

    Thank you for your information and the positive feedback!

    Subba Rao, Sep 10, 2004