voip.co.uk

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Matt, May 19, 2006.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Hi,

    Still having problems with AAH 2.8 and voip.co.uk.

    The current problem is that if I dial 121 (for voicemail) the system
    dials up to v.c.uk as planned, but it never answers the call.

    Their support desk told me it was a problem with codecs. I've tried a
    few options, but no improvement!

    Also, if I try to make an outgoing call to my mobile, the mobile rings,
    I answer it, but voip.co.uk still gives me a ringing tone from the
    handset I called from. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

    Could a voip.co.uk user please post the section of sip.conf that
    contains the general codec details, and also the specific voip.co.uk
    details?

    What do people think of voip.co.uk? Am I the only one with ongoing
    problems? Have moved a couple of numbers to voipfone, and found them
    to be worth the £1.99 a month.

    Many thanks

    Matthew
    Matt, May 19, 2006

  2. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Re: voip.co.uk (sip.conf)

    Matt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Still having problems with AAH 2.8 and voip.co.uk.
    >
    > The current problem is that if I dial 121 (for voicemail) the system
    > dials up to v.c.uk as planned, but it never answers the call.
    >
    > Their support desk told me it was a problem with codecs. I've tried a
    > few options, but no improvement!
    >
    > Also, if I try to make an outgoing call to my mobile, the mobile
    > rings, I answer it, but voip.co.uk still gives me a ringing tone from
    > the handset I called from. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?
    >
    > Could a voip.co.uk user please post the section of sip.conf that
    > contains the general codec details, and also the specific voip.co.uk
    > details?
    >
    > What do people think of voip.co.uk? Am I the only one with ongoing
    > problems? Have moved a couple of numbers to voipfone, and found them
    > to be worth the £1.99 a month.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >

    > Matthew

    sip.conf:

    [general]

    port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
    bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
    disallow=all
    allow=ulaw
    allow=alaw
    ;context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
    context = from-trunk
    ;defaultexpirey = 600 ; include this only if necessary
    ;maxexpirey = 3600 ; include this only if necessary
    progressinband = yes
    dtmfmode=auto

    callerid = Unknown
    externip = my.dndns.domain
    localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
    nat=yes

    #include sip_nat.conf
    #include sip_custom.conf
    #include sip_additional.conf
    Jono, May 19, 2006

  3. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Re: voip.co.uk (Trunk)

    Matt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Still having problems with AAH 2.8 and voip.co.uk.
    >
    > The current problem is that if I dial 121 (for voicemail) the system
    > dials up to v.c.uk as planned, but it never answers the call.
    >
    > Their support desk told me it was a problem with codecs. I've tried a
    > few options, but no improvement!
    >
    > Also, if I try to make an outgoing call to my mobile, the mobile
    > rings, I answer it, but voip.co.uk still gives me a ringing tone from
    > the handset I called from. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?
    >
    > Could a voip.co.uk user please post the section of sip.conf that
    > contains the general codec details, and also the specific voip.co.uk
    > details?
    >
    > What do people think of voip.co.uk? Am I the only one with ongoing
    > problems? Have moved a couple of numbers to voipfone, and found them
    > to be worth the £1.99 a month.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >

    > Matthew

    PEER:
    authuser=userID
    canreinvite=no
    context=from-pstn
    fromdomain=proxy.voip.co.uk
    fromuser=userID
    host=proxy.voip.co.uk
    insecure=very
    secret=password
    type=peer
    username=userID
    Jono, May 19, 2006
  4. Matt

    linker3000 Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Still having problems with AAH 2.8 and voip.co.uk.
    >
    > The current problem is that if I dial 121 (for voicemail) the system
    > dials up to v.c.uk as planned, but it never answers the call.
    >
    > Their support desk told me it was a problem with codecs. I've tried a
    > few options, but no improvement!
    >
    > Also, if I try to make an outgoing call to my mobile, the mobile rings,
    > I answer it, but voip.co.uk still gives me a ringing tone from the
    > handset I called from. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?
    >
    > Could a voip.co.uk user please post the section of sip.conf that
    > contains the general codec details, and also the specific voip.co.uk
    > details?
    >
    > What do people think of voip.co.uk? Am I the only one with ongoing
    > problems? Have moved a couple of numbers to voipfone, and found them
    > to be worth the £1.99 a month.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >

    > Matthew

    Hi Matt,

    I have just completed a three week 'trial by fire' learning AAH and I am
    with voip.co.uk so I may be able to help. I am puzzled as to why you are
    using voip.co.uk's voicemail though as AAH will do that for you. Anyway,
    here's a breakdown of my relevant bits:

    ++++++++++

    sip.conf:

    [general]

    port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
    bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
    disallow=all
    allow=ilbc
    allow=gsm
    allow=ulaw
    allow=alaw
    ; If you need to answer unauthenticated calls, you should change this
    ; next line to 'from-trunk', rather than 'from-sip-external'.
    ; You'll know this is happening if when you call in you get a message
    ; saying "The number you have dialed is not in service. Please check the
    ; number and try again."
    ;context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
    context = from-trunk

    ;My added bits...
    externip = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [My public IP address]
    localnet = 192.168.101.0/255.255.255.0 [My LAN address]

    [rest of file...]

    ++++++++++

    Now, voip.co.uk doesn't support ilbc and gsm but some of our LAN devices
    do so I added those codecs for them. I reckon the most important bits
    you need to look at are your trunks, routes and extensions...here's a
    rundown of one of my voip.co.uk trunks - assume that my SIP account is
    123456 and its password is banana. Note that this is quite a bit
    different from the recommendation on the voip.co.uk site, but it works -
    I have five SIP accounts all logged in at the moment.

    Note that the PEER DETAILS section has no 'disallow=all' because with
    that in place I couldn't get AAH to negotiate a compatible codec with
    voip.co.uk, which is probably the root cause of your problem too.

    PEER DETAILS:

    allow=g711u&g711a&g729a&g723.1
    authuser=123456
    fromdomain=proxy.voip.co.uk
    fromuser=123456
    host=proxy.voip.co.uk
    insecure=very
    password=banana
    qualify=yes
    secret=banana
    type=peer
    username=123456

    USER Context: 123456

    USER Details:

    context=from-trunk
    fromuser=123456
    host=proxy.voip.co.uk
    insecure=very
    secret=banana
    type=user

    Register String:

    123456:/123456

    ++++++++++

    Inbound Route:

    DID Number: 123456

    [Rest left as default except for specifying a destination]

    ++++++++++

    Last but not least, to resolve some problems with inbound voice not
    being heard, I had to set the following on all extensions (whether NAT
    was involved or not):

    nat yes
    qualify yes

    As for voip.co.uk's service - can't fault it. They have always responded
    very quickly and been very helpful as I've asked tons of daft
    questions as I've learnt about Voice over IP and their service. I am
    writing up my config for their technical pages.

    Hope this helps - come back if you need more. I'm still learning but
    I've got things working.

    L3K
    linker3000, May 19, 2006
  5. Matt

    linker3000 Guest

    Re: voip.co.uk (sip.conf)

    So where DID you get your dock n talk then!?

    L3K
    linker3000, May 19, 2006
  6. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Cheers for all the details L3K and Jono.

    Only using thier voicemail as a backup when the adsl goes down - been
    caught up in very poor service from e7even and their inablity to issue
    MAC's etc.....

    Will try these changes tomorrow and report back!

    Thanks

    Matthew
    Matt, May 19, 2006
  7. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Re: voip.co.uk (sip.conf)

    on 19/05/2006, linker3000 supposed :
    > So where DID you get your dock n talk then!?
    >
    > L3K

    Oh aye,

    Sorry.

    It was a chap called Shuki Eden, from a company called BlueICT.

    I have his mobile number which I could email to you?
    Jono, May 19, 2006
  8. Matt

    linker3000 Guest

    Re: voip.co.uk (sip.conf)

    Jono wrote:
    > on 19/05/2006, linker3000 supposed :
    >> So where DID you get your dock n talk then!?
    >>
    >> L3K

    > Oh aye,
    >
    > Sorry.
    >
    > It was a chap called Shuki Eden, from a company called BlueICT.
    >
    > I have his mobile number which I could email to you?

    I have found their Web site thanks - seems a few others are selling in
    the UK too now.

    L3K
    linker3000, May 20, 2006
  9. Matt

    this one Guest

    Hi L3K

    Well your setup got me as far as being able to ring out from voip.co.uk
    but when I ring in to voip.co.uk I get the voip.co.uk voicemail message and
    then whilst it is playing my extension phone rings. I have tried many
    differnet combinations of extension,incoming routes and trunks. Can you
    think what i may have wrong.

    Nearly there but just that last sprint to the finish.
    this one, May 21, 2006