    and doesn't get to the voicemail system :-(

    I presume the problem isn't unique to me?

    Malcolm

    Malcolm Loades, Aug 26, 2007

  2. Malcolm Loades

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sun, 26 Aug 2007, Malcolm Loades writes
    >Calling my own voip.co.uk geographic number returns engaged. Using
    >voip.co.uk to call any number returns engaged. Except 121 (voicemail)
    >which works but has no messages because anyone calling me gets engaged
    >and doesn't get to the voicemail system :-(
    >
    >I presume the problem isn't unique to me?
    >
    >Malcolm

    No.

    Looks like a similar problem as last week.

    David

    David Floyd, Aug 26, 2007

  3. Malcolm Loades

    Tandy Guest

    David Floyd wrote:

    > In message of Sun, 26 Aug 2007, Malcolm Loades writes
    > > Calling my own voip.co.uk geographic number returns engaged. Using
    > > voip.co.uk to call any number returns engaged. Except 121
    > > (voicemail) which works but has no messages because anyone calling
    > > me gets engaged and doesn't get to the voicemail system :-(
    > >
    > > I presume the problem isn't unique to me?
    > >
    > > Malcolm

    > No.
    >
    > Looks like a similar problem as last week.
    >
    > David

    Yep same here, 121 is OK and can even ring the 08450345000 voicemail
    from voip.co.uk but ringing 08450345000 from an external network fails.

    I have sent a support ticket to chris 10 minutes or so ago.

    --
    Good Luck
    Tandy

    26/08/2007 14:05:22

    Tandy, Aug 26, 2007
  4. Malcolm Loades

    Roger Mills Guest

    Tandy <> wrote:

    > David Floyd wrote:
    >
    >> In message of Sun, 26 Aug 2007, Malcolm Loades writes
    >>> Calling my own voip.co.uk geographic number returns engaged. Using
    >>> voip.co.uk to call any number returns engaged. Except 121
    >>> (voicemail) which works but has no messages because anyone calling
    >>> me gets engaged and doesn't get to the voicemail system :-(
    >>>
    >>> I presume the problem isn't unique to me?
    >>>
    >>> Malcolm

    >> No.
    >>
    >> Looks like a similar problem as last week.
    >>
    >> David

    > Yep same here, 121 is OK and can even ring the 08450345000 voicemail
    > from voip.co.uk but ringing 08450345000 from an external network
    > fails.
    >
    > I have sent a support ticket to chris 10 minutes or so ago.

    Maybe it was a short term blip? It's now half an hour since the original
    question was asked, and mine seems to be working ok. If I dial my VoIP
    number from my mobile, it rings - and vice versa - so there must now be some
    contact with the outside world.
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Aug 26, 2007
  5. In message <>, Roger Mills
    <> writes
    >Maybe it was a short term blip? It's now half an hour since the original
    >question was asked, and mine seems to be working ok. If I dial my VoIP
    >number from my mobile, it rings - and vice versa - so there must now be some
    >contact with the outside world.

    Mine's back too :)

    I had fears of the problem not being addressed until after the Bank
    holiday. Well done and thanks voip.co.uk

    Malcolm

    Malcolm Loades, Aug 26, 2007
  6. Malcolm Loades

    Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:14:17 +0100, Malcolm Loades
    <> wrote:

    >In message <>, Roger Mills
    ><> writes
    >>Maybe it was a short term blip? It's now half an hour since the original
    >>question was asked, and mine seems to be working ok. If I dial my VoIP
    >>number from my mobile, it rings - and vice versa - so there must now be some
    >>contact with the outside world.

    >Mine's back too :)
    >
    >I had fears of the problem not being addressed until after the Bank
    >holiday. Well done and thanks voip.co.uk

    Thank God it wasen't Ivor's beloved Sipgate or it would have been down
    for days seeing it is a holiday weekend .

    , Aug 26, 2007
  7. Malcolm Loades

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    : : Thank God it wasen't Ivor's beloved Sipgate or it would
    : : have been down for days seeing it is a holiday weekend .

    Yawn...................

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 26, 2007
  8. Malcolm Loades

    Ed Straker Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:50:43 GMT, wrote:

    >Thank God it wasen't Ivor's beloved Sipgate or it would have been down
    >for days seeing it is a holiday weekend .

    Oh do piss off you boring fart.

    Ed.

    Ed Straker, Aug 26, 2007
  9. Malcolm Loades

    Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:28:19 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >: : Thank God it wasen't Ivor's beloved Sipgate or it would
    >: : have been down for days seeing it is a holiday weekend .
    >
    >Yawn...................
    >

    >Ivor

    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................
    Yawn...................

    , Aug 26, 2007
  10. Malcolm Loades

    Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:47:13 +0100, Ed Straker <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:50:43 GMT, wrote:
    >
    >>Thank God it wasen't Ivor's beloved Sipgate or it would have been down
    >>for days seeing it is a holiday weekend .

    >Oh do piss off you boring fart.
    >
    >Ed.

    Why don't you piss off I will post exactly what I want to ANY group
    and no one not even Sipgate's UK representive in the uk will stop me.

    , Aug 26, 2007
  11. Malcolm Loades

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    : : On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:47:13 +0100, Ed Straker
    : : <> wrote:
    : :
    : : : On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:50:43 GMT,
    : : : wrote:
    : : :
    : : : : Thank God it wasen't Ivor's beloved Sipgate or it
    : : : : would have been down for days seeing it is a
    : : : : holiday weekend .
    : : :
    : : : Oh do piss off you boring fart.
    : : :
    : : : Ed.
    : : Why don't you piss off I will post exactly what I want
    : : to ANY group and no one not even Sipgate's UK
    : : representive in the uk will stop me.

    You carry on believing that, Ron.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 26, 2007
  12. Malcolm Loades

    Linker3000 Guest

    Malcolm Loades wrote:
    > In message <>, Roger Mills
    > <> writes
    >> Maybe it was a short term blip? It's now half an hour since the original
    >> question was asked, and mine seems to be working ok. If I dial my VoIP
    >> number from my mobile, it rings - and vice versa - so there must now
    >> be some
    >> contact with the outside world.

    > Mine's back too :)
    >
    > I had fears of the problem not being addressed until after the Bank
    > holiday. Well done and thanks voip.co.uk
    >
    > Malcolm

    That's a bit like thanking someone when they stop beating you - I'd
    rather they had 100% uptime - any outage is worrying.

    Linker3000, Aug 26, 2007
  13. Malcolm Loades

    Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 19:10:09 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >: : On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:47:13 +0100, Ed Straker
    >: : <> wrote:
    >: :
    >: : : On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:50:43 GMT,
    >: : : wrote:
    >: : :
    >: : : : Thank God it wasen't Ivor's beloved Sipgate or it
    >: : : : would have been down for days seeing it is a
    >: : : : holiday weekend .
    >: : :
    >: : : Oh do piss off you boring fart.
    >: : :
    >: : : Ed.
    >: : Why don't you piss off I will post exactly what I want
    >: : to ANY group and no one not even Sipgate's UK
    >: : representive in the uk will stop me.
    >
    >You carry on believing that, Ron.

    You will never stop me posting anything I want Ivor to any group
    providing it is legal I may even start spamming this group and sod
    your precious charter or get someone to do it for me .

    , Aug 26, 2007
  14. In message <46d1c9dc$0$21099$>, Linker3000
    <> writes
    >Malcolm Loades wrote:
    >> In message <>, Roger Mills
    >><> writes
    >>> Maybe it was a short term blip? It's now half an hour since the original
    >>> question was asked, and mine seems to be working ok. If I dial my VoIP
    >>> number from my mobile, it rings - and vice versa - so there must now
    >>>be some
    >>> contact with the outside world.

    >> Mine's back too :)
    >> I had fears of the problem not being addressed until after the Bank
    >>holiday. Well done and thanks voip.co.uk
    >> Malcolm

    >That's a bit like thanking someone when they stop beating you - I'd
    >rather they had 100% uptime - any outage is worrying.

    You think 100% uptime is possible?

    It's never been achieved so far in the history of the universe; look at
    those dead stars up there. And you think we should be worrying that
    voip.co.uk can't achieve what the universe has so far failed to achieve?

    I suggest you need a reality check.

    Malcolm

    Malcolm Loades, Aug 26, 2007
  15. Malcolm Loades

    Dave Higton Guest

    In message <>
    wrote:

    > You will never stop me posting anything I want Ivor to any group
    > providing it is legal I may even start spamming this group and sod
    > your precious charter or get someone to do it for me .

    Excellent idea. We'll soon have you and your lies off the Internet.

    Dave

    Dave Higton, Aug 26, 2007
  16. Malcolm Loades

    Linker3000 Guest

    Malcolm Loades wrote:
    > In message <46d1c9dc$0$21099$>, Linker3000
    > <> writes
    >
    >> Malcolm Loades wrote:
    >>
    >>> In message <>, Roger Mills
    >>> <> writes

    >>> Mine's back too :)
    >>> I had fears of the problem not being addressed until after the Bank
    >>> holiday. Well done and thanks voip.co.uk
    >>> Malcolm

    >> That's a bit like thanking someone when they stop beating you - I'd
    >> rather they had 100% uptime - any outage is worrying.

    > You think 100% uptime is possible?
    >
    > It's never been achieved so far in the history of the universe; look at
    > those dead stars up there. And you think we should be worrying that
    > voip.co.uk can't achieve what the universe has so far failed to achieve?
    >
    > I suggest you need a reality check.
    >
    > Malcolm

    I suggest voip.co.uk needs more redundancy. I would not trust them with
    the upkeep of the universe - but a few redundant servers and a reliable
    link to their PSTN gateways is not asking too much.

    Linker3000, Aug 26, 2007
  17. Malcolm Loades

    chappycheeky Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:44:00 +0100, Dave Higton
    <> wrote:

    >In message <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> You will never stop me posting anything I want Ivor to any group
    >> providing it is legal I may even start spamming this group and sod
    >> your precious charter or get someone to do it for me .

    >Excellent idea. We'll soon have you and your lies off the Internet.
    >
    >Dave

    I already have got rid of him. In fact if you hadn't repeated his
    drooling nonsense, I'd never have seen it.
    That's what a kill file is for, and it's much more effective than
    meandering on about charters and AUPs.

    Don

    chappycheeky, Aug 27, 2007
  18. Malcolm Loades

    Dave Higton Guest

    In message <>
    chappycheeky <> wrote:

    > I already have got rid of him. In fact if you hadn't repeated his
    > drooling nonsense, I'd never have seen it.
    > That's what a kill file is for, and it's much more effective than
    > meandering on about charters and AUPs.

    Sorry for sending him past your killfile.

    A killfile is useful for the individual, but it doesn't solve
    the problem of his lies and nonsense for anybody else. If he
    were to carry out his threat, OTOH, we could get rid of him
    completely, so everybody on this ng would benefit.

    Dave

    Dave Higton, Aug 27, 2007
  19. Malcolm Loades

    Rob Guest

    > A killfile is useful for the individual, but it doesn't solve
    > the problem of his lies and nonsense for anybody else. If he
    > were to carry out his threat, OTOH, we could get rid of him
    > completely, so everybody on this ng would benefit.

    The trouble is though, it changes its ISP more often than it changes its
    underpants, so any success in removing it would be short-lived.

    Rob

    Rob, Aug 27, 2007
  20. Malcolm Loades

    TheMgt Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > "Dave Higton" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> A killfile is useful for the individual, but it doesn't solve
    >> the problem of his lies and nonsense for anybody else. If he
    >> were to carry out his threat, OTOH, we could get rid of him
    >> completely, so everybody on this ng would benefit.

    > The trouble is though, it changes its ISP more often than it changes its
    > underpants, so any success in removing it would be short-lived.

    He doesn't, it's still Blueyonder/Virgin Media. He just changes the
    email address occasionally.

    TheMgt, Aug 27, 2007