    Are the settings freely available or do you have to buy one of their
    boxes?

    David

    David Floyd, Nov 21, 2005

  2. David Floyd wrote:

    > I can't see on voip.co.uk web site whether set-up instructions are
    > available to enable you to use your own ATA - say like a Sipura or
    > Grandstream.
    >
    > Are the settings freely available or do you have to buy one of their
    > boxes?

    David,

    As long as the device is SIP [1] compliant, you will be able to use the
    device with us, which basically means pretty much all the SIP ATAs on the
    market.

    I think there may be a small problem with the sipura running a certian
    version of firmware related to sending a 180 in certian circumstances, but
    i've got one on it's way (should be arriving today), so will have resolved
    very soon anyway.

    If you have any other devices that don't seem to be working properly (even
    behind NAT [2]), then email - if we can't work it out easily
    i'll get someone to try and source the same model and work around any
    "issues" it may have.

    Kind regards,

    ~ Theo

    1 - RFC3261
    2 - Pretty much everyhting should work behind NAT without any configuration,
    bar some really dumb DSL routers that magle the SIP packets beyond
    belief.

    --
    Theo Zourzouvillys
    Lead Technical Architect

    Theo Zourzouvillys, Nov 22, 2005

  3. David Floyd

    Jono Guest

    "Theo Zourzouvillys" <> wrote in message

    > I think there may be a small problem with the sipura running a certian
    > version of firmware related to sending a 180 in certian circumstances>

    <snip>

    Sending a 180?

    Jono, Nov 22, 2005
  4. Jono wrote:

    > Sending a 180?

    Sorry, I mean a SIP 180 message - which is the way it sends a "the phone is
    ringing" tone back to the PSTN so the caller hears a ringing tone.

    The net result is the person callign doesn't hear a ringing tone, but other
    than that everyhting still works correctly.

    As mentioned before, i've got a sipura arriving today, so should have it
    fixed this evening anyhow.

    ~ The

    --
    Theo Zourzouvillys
    Lead Technical Architect

    Theo Zourzouvillys, Nov 22, 2005
  5. David Floyd

    > Jono wrote:
    >
    >> Sending a 180?

    > Sorry, I mean a SIP 180 message - which is the way it sends a "the phone
    > is
    > ringing" tone back to the PSTN so the caller hears a ringing tone.
    >
    > The net result is the person callign doesn't hear a ringing tone, but
    > other
    > than that everyhting still works correctly.
    >
    > As mentioned before, i've got a sipura arriving today, so should have it
    > fixed this evening anyhow.
    >
    > ~ The
    >
    > --
    > Theo Zourzouvillys
    > Lead Technical Architect
    > http://voip.co.uk/

    Thanks for that.

    By the way we've been in conversation by email over setting up
    asterisk@home, which is now working admirably.

    I would be interested to know what was tweaked to get the inbound calling
    working?

    Also, when I make an outbound call, I hear a non-English ringing tone. Not a
    major issue, I suppose, as at least I can tell that it's a voip call.

    Jono, Nov 22, 2005
  6. David Floyd

    Jono Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    > "Theo Zourzouvillys" <> wrote in message
    >> Jono wrote:
    >>
    >>> Sending a 180?

    >> Sorry, I mean a SIP 180 message - which is the way it sends a "the phone
    >> is
    >> ringing" tone back to the PSTN so the caller hears a ringing tone.
    >>
    >> The net result is the person callign doesn't hear a ringing tone, but
    >> other
    >> than that everyhting still works correctly.
    >>
    >> As mentioned before, i've got a sipura arriving today, so should have it
    >> fixed this evening anyhow.
    >>
    >> ~ The
    >>
    >> --
    >> Theo Zourzouvillys
    >> Lead Technical Architect
    >> http://voip.co.uk/

    > Thanks for that.
    >
    > By the way we've been in conversation by email over setting up
    > asterisk@home, which is now working admirably.
    >
    > I would be interested to know what was tweaked to get the inbound calling
    > working?
    >
    > Also, when I make an outbound call, I hear a non-English ringing tone. Not
    > a major issue, I suppose, as at least I can tell that it's a voip call.

    They're quick!

    The ringing is now the correct UK tone.

    Jono, Nov 22, 2005
  7. David Floyd

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:25:49 GMT, "Jono" <> wrote:

    >"Jono" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Theo Zourzouvillys" <> wrote in message

    >>> Sorry, I mean a SIP 180 message - which is the way it sends a "the phone
    >>> is
    >>> ringing" tone back to the PSTN so the caller hears a ringing tone.
    >>>
    >>> The net result is the person callign doesn't hear a ringing tone, but
    >>> other
    >>> than that everyhting still works correctly.
    >>>
    >>> As mentioned before, i've got a sipura arriving today, so should have it
    >>> fixed this evening anyhow.
    >>>
    >>> ~ The
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Theo Zourzouvillys
    >>> Lead Technical Architect
    >>> http://voip.co.uk/

    >> Thanks for that.
    >>
    >> By the way we've been in conversation by email over setting up
    >> asterisk@home, which is now working admirably.
    >>
    >> I would be interested to know what was tweaked to get the inbound calling
    >> working?
    >>
    >> Also, when I make an outbound call, I hear a non-English ringing tone. Not
    >> a major issue, I suppose, as at least I can tell that it's a voip call.
    >>

    >They're quick!
    >
    >The ringing is now the correct UK tone.

    Strange - not for me it isn't!
    I still get US style ringing tone.