    The mailbox is taking messages but it requires PC access to get them -
    download the wav files.

    Malcolm

    Malcolm Loades, Oct 10, 2007

  2. Malcolm Loades

    Michael Guest

    Malcolm Loades wrote:

    > Is it working for others?
    >
    > I called voip.co.uk and left a message, they've not got back to me.
    > Ah, I think I know why ....... they can't access their mailbox :)
    >
    > When I call on the 0845 number and enter my mailbox number I hear the
    > message "The mailbox configured has not been found". Call it using
    > 121 and entering the mailbox number plus # produces UK engaged tone.
    >
    > The mailbox is taking messages but it requires PC access to get them
    > - download the wav files.
    >
    > Malcolm

    My entire connection to them failed today - noticed this evening.

    After reporting the fault (would not register) it was quickly fixed and
    voicemail works ok too

    Mick

    Michael, Oct 10, 2007

  3. Malcolm Loades

    Paul Clarke Guest

    "Malcolm Loades" <> wrote in message
    > Is it working for others?
    >
    > I called voip.co.uk and left a message, they've not got back to me. Ah, I
    > think I know why ....... they can't access their mailbox :)
    >
    > When I call on the 0845 number and enter my mailbox number I hear the
    > message "The mailbox configured has not been found". Call it using 121
    > and entering the mailbox number plus # produces UK engaged tone.
    >
    > The mailbox is taking messages but it requires PC access to get them -
    > download the wav files.
    >
    > Malcolm

    I've never found it possible to access their mailbox from my phone, despite
    trying various ways!!

    Paul

    Paul Clarke, Oct 11, 2007
  4. Malcolm Loades

    Max Power Guest

    Paul Clarke wrote:
    > "Malcolm Loades" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it working for others?
    >>
    >> I called voip.co.uk and left a message, they've not got back to me. Ah, I
    >> think I know why ....... they can't access their mailbox :)
    >>
    >> When I call on the 0845 number and enter my mailbox number I hear the
    >> message "The mailbox configured has not been found". Call it using 121
    >> and entering the mailbox number plus # produces UK engaged tone.
    >>
    >> The mailbox is taking messages but it requires PC access to get them -
    >> download the wav files.
    >>
    >> Malcolm

    > I've never found it possible to access their mailbox from my phone, despite
    > trying various ways!!
    >
    > Paul

    I couldn't access my mailbox from my phone on my old voip router till I
    changed my dialplan. I think I added |xxx| to make it work.

    Max Power, Oct 11, 2007
  5. Malcolm Loades

    Michael Guest

    Max Power wrote:

    > Paul Clarke wrote:
    > >"Malcolm Loades" <> wrote in message

    > > > Is it working for others?
    > > >
    > > > I called voip.co.uk and left a message, they've not got back to
    > > > me. Ah, I think I know why ....... they can't access their
    > > > mailbox :)
    > > >
    > > > When I call on the 0845 number and enter my mailbox number I hear
    > > > the message "The mailbox configured has not been found". Call
    > > > it using 121 and entering the mailbox number plus # produces UK
    > > > engaged tone.
    > > >
    > > > The mailbox is taking messages but it requires PC access to get
    > > > them - download the wav files.
    > > >
    > > > Malcolm

    > > I've never found it possible to access their mailbox from my phone,
    > > despite trying various ways!!
    > >
    > > Paul

    > I couldn't access my mailbox from my phone on my old voip router till
    > I changed my dialplan. I think I added |xxx| to make it work.

    For the life of me, I cannot get my head around dial plans!
    I use (*xx|xx.) and it seems to allow me to dial any number I wish -
    so far anyway.

    Mick

    Michael, Oct 11, 2007
  6. Malcolm Loades

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 17:12:39 GMT, "Michael" <> wrote:

    >Max Power wrote:
    >
    >> Paul Clarke wrote:
    >> >"Malcolm Loades" <> wrote in message

    >> > I've never found it possible to access their mailbox from my phone,
    >> > despite trying various ways!!
    >> >
    >> > Paul

    >> I couldn't access my mailbox from my phone on my old voip router till
    >> I changed my dialplan. I think I added |xxx| to make it work.

    >For the life of me, I cannot get my head around dial plans!
    >I use (*xx|xx.) and it seems to allow me to dial any number I wish -
    >so far anyway.
    >
    >Mick

    I used the BT number, 1571.
    For example:
    <1571:121><:mad:gw1>
    So, when you dial 1571 the dial plan dials 121 on gateway 1.
    If voip.co.uk is your default provider then the <:mad:gw1> bit is
    omitted.
    I haven't used the voip.co.uk voicemail for a very long time, I find
    that voxalot is far better.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Get your friends to sign too!
    TV.
    ---

    Brian A, Oct 12, 2007
  7. Malcolm Loades

    Herman Guest

    "Paul Clarke" <> wrote in message
    > "Malcolm Loades" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it working for others?
    >>
    >> I called voip.co.uk and left a message, they've not got back to me. Ah,
    >> I think I know why ....... they can't access their mailbox :)
    >>
    >> When I call on the 0845 number and enter my mailbox number I hear the
    >> message "The mailbox configured has not been found". Call it using 121
    >> and entering the mailbox number plus # produces UK engaged tone.
    >>
    >> The mailbox is taking messages but it requires PC access to get them -
    >> download the wav files.
    >>
    >> Malcolm

    > I've never found it possible to access their mailbox from my phone,
    > despite trying various ways!!
    >
    > Paul

    By the way, a nice little workaround to avoid the 0845 access number
    externally:

    purchase new geo number (£2)
    set fallback number to 121

    Then you can call this to access your voicemail at geo costs. You don't
    even need to set up a new target or SIP account.

    Herman, Oct 12, 2007