voip.co.uk Voicemail

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Jono, Jun 25, 2006.

  1. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Hello,

    How on earth do you change your VM pin from the web interface? Every time I
    try, I'm told that the SMS number is wrong.

    So......

    I seem to be able to only change the PIN by entering a mobile number for SMS
    notification.

    So..........

    How do you then delete the SMS number? Every time I try, I'm told that the
    SMS number is wrong.

    So..........

    I have entered 0 for the SMS number, which it seemed to accept, however, I
    am billed 10p now for every VM, even though the SMS number field is blank.

    Jono, Jun 25, 2006

  2. Jono

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes
    >Hello,
    >
    >How on earth do you change your VM pin from the web interface? Every time I
    >try, I'm told that the SMS number is wrong.
    >
    >So......
    >
    >I seem to be able to only change the PIN by entering a mobile number for SMS
    >notification.
    >
    >So..........
    >
    >How do you then delete the SMS number? Every time I try, I'm told that the
    >SMS number is wrong.
    >
    >So..........
    >
    >I have entered 0 for the SMS number, which it seemed to accept, however, I
    >am billed 10p now for every VM, even though the SMS number field is blank.

    What was their reply to the ticket you raised?

    David Floyd, Jun 25, 2006

  3. Jono

    Jono Guest

    David Floyd pretended :
    > In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>How on earth do you change your VM pin from the web interface? Every time I
    >>try, I'm told that the SMS number is wrong.
    >>
    >>So......
    >>
    >>I seem to be able to only change the PIN by entering a mobile number for SMS
    >>notification.
    >>
    >>So..........
    >>
    >>How do you then delete the SMS number? Every time I try, I'm told that the
    >>SMS number is wrong.
    >>
    >>So..........
    >>
    >>I have entered 0 for the SMS number, which it seemed to accept, however, I
    >>am billed 10p now for every VM, even though the SMS number field is blank.
    >>

    > What was their reply to the ticket you raised?

    That it should be possible to change the PIN without entering an SMS
    number; that the SMS texts that have already been sent were sent
    correctly, (even though there is no number in the SMS field); that they
    will ensure no further SMS are sent (yet they still are)

    Jono, Jun 25, 2006
  4. Jono

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes
    >David Floyd pretended :
    >> In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes
    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>How on earth do you change your VM pin from the web interface? Every time I
    >>>try, I'm told that the SMS number is wrong.
    >>>
    >>>So......
    >>>
    >>>I seem to be able to only change the PIN by entering a mobile number for SMS
    >>>notification.
    >>>
    >>>So..........
    >>>
    >>>How do you then delete the SMS number? Every time I try, I'm told that the
    >>>SMS number is wrong.
    >>>
    >>>So..........
    >>>
    >>>I have entered 0 for the SMS number, which it seemed to accept, however, I
    >>>am billed 10p now for every VM, even though the SMS number field is blank.
    >>>

    >> What was their reply to the ticket you raised?

    >That it should be possible to change the PIN without entering an SMS
    >number; that the SMS texts that have already been sent were sent
    >correctly, (even though there is no number in the SMS field); that they
    >will ensure no further SMS are sent (yet they still are)

    Well, I think you can only keep on at them; if the problem persists then
    the ticket should not be closed.

    I changed my PIN some while back now and it worked OK; so I'm not going
    to risk any problems now.

    David

    David Floyd, Jun 25, 2006
  5. Jono

    Jono Guest

    David Floyd explained on 25/06/2006 :
    > In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes
    >>David Floyd pretended :
    >>> In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes

    >>> What was their reply to the ticket you raised?

    >>That it should be possible to change the PIN without entering an SMS number;
    >> that the SMS texts that have already been sent were sent correctly, (even
    >> though there is no number in the SMS field); that they will ensure no
    >> further SMS are sent (yet they still are)
    >>

    > Well, I think you can only keep on at them; if the problem persists then the
    > ticket should not be closed.
    >
    > I changed my PIN some while back now and it worked OK; so I'm not going to
    > risk any problems now.
    >
    > David

    They've very quickly refunded the erroneous SMS charges. Very
    impressed.

    Jono, Jun 25, 2006