    number is for accessing voicemail?

    Thanks
    David

    David Floyd, Dec 14, 2006

  2. David Floyd

    Jono Guest

    David Floyd explained :
    > Has any-one found out yet what the Geo No equivalent the their 0845 number is
    > for accessing voicemail?

    What makes you think there is one?

    Jono, Dec 14, 2006

  3. David Floyd

    Paul Cupis Guest

    David Floyd wrote:
    > Has any-one found out yet what the Geo No equivalent the their 0845
    > number is for accessing voicemail?

    I doubt there is one.

    Paul Cupis, Dec 14, 2006
  4. David Floyd

    Mick Guest

    David Floyd wrote:

    > Has any-one found out yet what the Geo No equivalent the their 0845
    > number is for accessing voicemail?
    >
    > Thanks
    > David

    According to "saynoto0845" there is no alternative

    you could get your voicemail by email or SMS as well as having the mail
    lodged in your mail box

    Mick, Dec 14, 2006
  5. David Floyd

    Herman Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    > Has any-one found out yet what the Geo No equivalent the their 0845 number
    > is for accessing voicemail?
    >
    > Thanks
    > David

    voip.co.uk confirmed to me they haven't got a geo alternative. However,
    there is a clever trick you can do to get your own personal voicemail access
    number:

    1. setup a new geo number on your account (costs 2 squid)
    2. set that number to divert to 121 if not available.

    This is assuming you don't mind the security implications of only needing a
    pin (no user id) to access your voicemail

    Herman, Dec 15, 2006
  6. David Floyd

    Herman Guest

    "Mick" <jev@,jb.com> wrote in message
    > David Floyd wrote:
    >
    >> Has any-one found out yet what the Geo No equivalent the their 0845
    >> number is for accessing voicemail?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> David

    > According to "saynoto0845" there is no alternative
    >
    > you could get your voicemail by email or SMS as well as having the mail
    > lodged in your mail box

    I haven't managed to get a file to attach to an e-mail. Any ideas what i
    might be doing wrong? Is it in the advanced options and if so what should
    they be?

    Herman, Dec 15, 2006
  7. David Floyd

    Jono Guest

    Herman explained :
    > setup a new geo number on your account (costs 2 squid)
    > 2. set that number to divert to 121 if not available.

    Why would that allow you to listen to messages when the main number
    doesn't allow remote access?

    Jono, Dec 15, 2006
  8. David Floyd

    Herman Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Herman explained :
    >> setup a new geo number on your account (costs 2 squid)
    >> 2. set that number to divert to 121 if not available.

    > Why would that allow you to listen to messages when the main number
    > doesn't allow remote access?

    Not sure, but it works for me with the following number settings:
    Destination: [set inactive]
    Unavail Divert Number: 121
    Divert Timeout: 0
    Enable Voicemail: [disabled]
    Caller-Id Presentation: display CLID by default

    To check it works, try temporarily setting the divert on unavailable for a
    number you already have.

    Herman, Dec 15, 2006
  9. David Floyd

    Scope Guest

    Herman wrote:
    > "Mick" <jev@,jb.com> wrote in message
    >> David Floyd wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has any-one found out yet what the Geo No equivalent the their 0845
    >>> number is for accessing voicemail?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> David

    >> According to "saynoto0845" there is no alternative
    >>
    >> you could get your voicemail by email or SMS as well as having the mail
    >> lodged in your mail box

    > I haven't managed to get a file to attach to an e-mail. Any ideas what i
    > might be doing wrong? Is it in the advanced options and if so what should
    > they be?

    You are not doing anything wrong.. Apperently this is a bug in the
    current system they are using.. A new platform with new services (and
    assuming this bug fixed) will be released (hopefully) by the end of the
    year.

    Scope, Dec 15, 2006
  10. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Herman writes
    >"David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >> Has any-one found out yet what the Geo No equivalent the their 0845 number
    >> is for accessing voicemail?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> David

    >voip.co.uk confirmed to me they haven't got a geo alternative. However,
    >there is a clever trick you can do to get your own personal voicemail access
    >number:
    >
    >1. setup a new geo number on your account (costs 2 squid)
    >2. set that number to divert to 121 if not available.
    >
    >This is assuming you don't mind the security implications of only needing a
    >pin (no user id) to access your voicemail

    If you have a half decent ATA (like the SPA3K etc) then you can have
    that number on line 2 and require a PIN to access - then dial 121 or go
    to 121 by default.

    David

    David Floyd, Dec 15, 2006
  11. David Floyd

    > If you have a half decent ATA (like the SPA3K etc) then you can have that
    > number on line 2 and require a PIN to access - then dial 121 or go to 121
    > by default.
    >
    > David

    That is the other option of course, but I have found that the quality of
    calls diverted through the ATA is not so good, and this has an impact on
    sending dtmf tones through. Far more reliable to get the call diverted at
    source. Mind you I am not sure their voicemail can get much worse... It's
    as bad as Sipgate's

    Herman, Dec 15, 2006
  12. David Floyd

    malcolm Guest

    Are bank charges illegal?

    Are bank charges illegal?

    Dear sirs, are bank charges illegal? Can I recover bank charges? How do I go
    About it?

    Bank Penalty Charges have been in the news as irrecoverable in law! We offer
    a No Result No Fee Service which can recover 100% plus costs and minimum of
    8% Interest!!

    Logon Now! To www.bankchargesrefunded.co.uk for a FREE forum where you can
    begin taking back the initiative and fight the fat cat banks.

    You can recover a full 100% plus costs and interest.. For 28 quid in the
    year 2000 we can recover a minimum of 43 pounds.

    But be warned! The banks may close your account! We recommend a new bank
    account before you proceed!! Visit our site here
    http://www.bankchargesrefunded.co.uk/www.citibank.co.uk.asp to apply for a
    new Citi bank account.

    Visit our new forums where you can chat about this subject
    http://www.bankchargesrefunded.co.uk/phpBB-2.0.20/phpBB2/index.php and many
    more.

    Hope to see you soon.

    Kind Regards

    Malcolm Whytes

    malcolm, Dec 15, 2006
  13. David Floyd

    andy Guest

    Re: Are bank charges illegal?

    malcolm wrote:
    > Are bank charges illegal?

    There are other forums to discuss this, with rather more posts on than
    your feeble 15 in several months

    andy, Dec 16, 2006