Voip.co.uk, voicemail and other features

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by PL, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. PL

    PL Guest

    I signed up with voip.co.uk at the end of last November and with the
    exception of a brief period in December, have been without voicemail
    services the whole time (incoming calls don't divert to voicemail if my
    allocated number is engaged, if I don't answer the incoming call or if
    the MTA/broadband is offline). Enhanced voicemail is one of their
    standard features.

    I can dial the system #121 for 2 options (#2 to retrieve messages & #3
    to manage my personal greetings) but neither is of much value,
    currently, since the 'system' doesn't provide the 'where-with-all' for
    any callers to leave a message!

    Call quality is superb, but the lack of voicemail (and, for that matter,
    other 'features' such as call-forwarding) is a real bind. Does anyone
    else, signed up with voip.co.uk, have the same problems, or better
    still, have any reliable information from voip.co.uk as to when they
    expect the service to go fully functional?

    PL, Jan 6, 2006

  2. PL

    PL Guest

    As far as call forwarding is concerned, voip.co.uk say that it is
    currently listed as an 'experimental feature' and is being still being
    tested.

    PL, Jan 9, 2006

  3. PL

    Jono Guest

    "PL" <> wrote in message
    > As far as call forwarding is concerned, voip.co.uk say that it is
    > currently listed as an 'experimental feature' and is being still being
    > tested.

    If I click on my telephone number under DDI control (IIRC) I am presented
    with a set of choices to divert if unavailable.

    Is this the feature you mean?

    Jono, Jan 9, 2006
  4. PL

    PL Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > "PL" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>As far as call forwarding is concerned, voip.co.uk say that it is
    >>currently listed as an 'experimental feature' and is being still being
    >>tested.

    > If I click on my telephone number under DDI control (IIRC) I am presented
    > with a set of choices to divert if unavailable.
    >
    > Is this the feature you mean?

    Yes

    PL, Jan 9, 2006
  5. PL

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 9 Jan 2006, PL writes
    >As far as call forwarding is concerned, voip.co.uk say that it is
    >currently listed as an 'experimental feature' and is being still being
    >tested.

    Not according to http://voip.co.uk/resident.html

    so where did you read that?

    David

    David Floyd, Jan 9, 2006
  6. PL

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Jono writes

    >"PL" <> wrote in message
    >> As far as call forwarding is concerned, voip.co.uk say that it is
    >> currently listed as an 'experimental feature' and is being still being
    >> tested.

    >If I click on my telephone number under DDI control (IIRC) I am presented
    >with a set of choices to divert if unavailable.
    >
    >Is this the feature you mean?

    I tried entering my home PSTN number in the 'Unavail Divert Number' box
    (the only one offered), but nothing happened (as far divert was
    concerned) when I rang my voip number from my mobile. Voicemail
    eventually answered.

    David

    David Floyd, Jan 9, 2006