    our network."

    But it doesn't explain further :-(

    David
    David Floyd, Feb 3, 2006

  2. David Floyd

    Jono Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    news:Wy5XeuJmJ14DFwGi@127.0.0.1...
    > Has anyone yet been able to retrieve voicemail from a phone other than the
    > voip.co.uk registered phone?
    >
    > The account management web page says:-
    >
    > "Your mailbox number is needed if you wish to check your voicemail when
    > you want to check your voicemail from a phone that is not connected to our
    > network."
    >
    > But it doesn't explain further :-(
    >
    > David

    Not using it myself, but have you tried dialling in from another phone &
    pressing * or # during your greeting?
    Jono, Feb 3, 2006

  3. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Jono writes

    >"David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone yet been able to retrieve voicemail from a phone other than the
    >> voip.co.uk registered phone?
    >>
    >> The account management web page says:-
    >>
    >> "Your mailbox number is needed if you wish to check your voicemail when
    >> you want to check your voicemail from a phone that is not connected to our
    >> network."
    >>
    >> But it doesn't explain further :-(
    >>
    >> David

    >Not using it myself, but have you tried dialling in from another phone &
    >pressing * or # during your greeting?

    Yes! But that didn't work

    David
    David Floyd, Feb 8, 2006
  4. David Floyd

    Guest

    David Floyd wrote:
    > Has anyone yet been able to retrieve voicemail from a phone other than
    > the voip.co.uk registered phone?

    Hi David,

    Just added:

    http://voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi

    Hope that helps.

    ~ Theo

    ps: should be around here a bit more soon... /almost/ finished moving!
    , Feb 8, 2006
  5. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 8 Feb 2006, writes

    >David Floyd wrote:
    >> Has anyone yet been able to retrieve voicemail from a phone other than
    >> the voip.co.uk registered phone?

    >Hi David,
    >
    >Just added:
    >
    > http://voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi
    >
    >Hope that helps.

    That does, thanks Theo. And I like these help pages of yours too.

    One downside though. If you read the telecoms newsgroups around here
    you will learn that there is a lot of dislike towards non-geographic
    numbers. The saynoto08700.com site is mentioned often, and this also
    applies to 0845 numbers.

    So; care to divulge the geographic number that 0845 0034 5000 is
    attached to please.

    David
    PS That 0845 number has too many digits anyway.
    David Floyd, Feb 8, 2006
  6. David Floyd

    Paul Cupis Guest

    David Floyd wrote:
    > So; care to divulge the geographic number that 0845 0034 5000 is
    > attached to please.

    Assuming that there is one.

    > David
    > PS That 0845 number has too many digits anyway.

    I imagine that the 3 is superflous.
    Paul Cupis, Feb 8, 2006
  7. David Floyd

    Guest

    oops. an extra 0 i nthere. 0845 034 5000.

    There is no geographic number "attached" to it (the only reason a lot
    of NGN numbers are is because of the way NGN's are translated).

    I will however see about assigning a geo number to it.
    , Feb 9, 2006
  8. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 8 Feb 2006, writes
    >oops. an extra 0 i nthere. 0845 034 5000.
    >
    >There is no geographic number "attached" to it

    Obviously I've misunderstood postings in the past in uk.telecom when I
    understood that all 08 and 09 numbers had to end up on a 01, 02, or 07
    number.

    David
    David Floyd, Feb 9, 2006
  9. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 8 Feb 2006, writes

    >David Floyd wrote:
    >> Has anyone yet been able to retrieve voicemail from a phone other than
    >> the voip.co.uk registered phone?

    >Hi David,
    >
    >Just added:
    >
    > http://voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi

    Looking at the above and in particular:

    http://voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi.config.sipura

    anyone got this to work on a SPA3000?

    There is no heading 'Voice Mail Server' in the SPA3000 but I have tried
    putting in the various slots in 'Call Forward
    Settings' on the User 1 tab, but it has no effect. :-(

    David
    David Floyd, Feb 9, 2006
  10. David Floyd

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:33:43 +0000, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Wed, 8 Feb 2006, writes
    >>
    >>David Floyd wrote:
    >>> Has anyone yet been able to retrieve voicemail from a phone other than
    >>> the voip.co.uk registered phone?

    >>Hi David,
    >>
    >>Just added:
    >>
    >> http://voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi
    >>

    >Looking at the above and in particular:
    >
    >http://voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi.config.sipura
    >
    >anyone got this to work on a SPA3000?
    >
    >There is no heading 'Voice Mail Server' in the SPA3000 but I have tried
    >putting in the various slots in 'Call Forward
    >Settings' on the User 1 tab, but it has no effect. :-(
    >

    >David

    I tried this approach a long time ago and posted my findings.
    My conclusion was that it didn't matter what you entered into the Cfwd
    'No Ans Dest:' and 'Cfwd Busy Dest:'- you could write fred_bloggs -
    it made no difference. However by entering something into the settings
    you can set the time at which the call diverts to voicemail.
    Voicemail has been working for me. However, recently, I have had
    various problems. I have been informed that voip.co.uk are having
    problems with the server and that they are working on it. Further, it
    was intimated, that there might be a better voicemail in the offing.

    I just enter 'x' in both
    Cfwd No Ans Dest: AND Cfwd Busy Dest:
    and set
    Cfwd No Ans Delay: 20

    I have 'Message Waiting:' set to 'NO'.
    If I set it to' YES' that I get a permanently stuttered dial tone.

    Don't try setting 'Cfwd All Dest:' or you may end up locking out of
    voicemail, or worse, for a while - that's even if you delete your
    entry and reboot the ATA. There is clearly something wrong at the
    server end.

    Personally, I would advise not wasting your time on the voicemail atm
    because there is clearly something wrong at the server end. Even it
    you leave a message AND manage to get through to 121 the message is
    not recorded. I think that I am going to have to dig out an answering
    machine from somewhere :-(

    David, there IS a 'voicemail Server' settig on the 3000!
    I didn't realise that until I checked just now.
    It is under Line1/Proxy and Registration.
    However, I have just tried the settings, as described in the
    documentation, and have found no change. There are problems with the
    server so whatever you do with the settings you will just be wasting
    your time.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Feb 9, 2006
  11. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Brian A writes
    >Personally, I would advise not wasting your time on the voicemail atm
    >because there is clearly something wrong at the server end. Even it
    >you leave a message AND manage to get through to 121 the message is
    >not recorded.

    I don't really have much of a problem with their voicemail now it can be
    accessed remotely (although I wish it was a geographic number to access
    it and not a 0845 one). You say it's 'not recorded', but it should
    still be on your Account Management page. Mine stay there until I delete
    it.

    > David, there IS a 'voicemail Server' settig on the 3000!
    >I didn't realise that until I checked just now.
    >It is under Line1/Proxy and Registration.

    Not on mine, so it must be the software version, which is 3.1.3(GWa) for
    me; but I've never fathomed out how to upgrade it :-(

    David
    David Floyd, Feb 9, 2006
  12. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    > In message of Wed, 8 Feb 2006, writes
    > > oops. an extra 0 i nthere. 0845 034 5000.
    > >
    > > There is no geographic number "attached" to it

    > Obviously I've misunderstood postings in the past in
    > uk.telecom when I understood that all 08 and 09 numbers
    > had to end up on a 01, 02, or 07 number.

    No they don't. Fax-to-email being a specific case in point.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Feb 9, 2006
  13. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:28:58 +0000, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >Obviously I've misunderstood postings in the past in uk.telecom when I
    >understood that all 08 and 09 numbers had to end up on a 01, 02, or 07
    >number.

    Definitely not.
    , Feb 9, 2006
  14. wrote:
    > On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:28:58 +0000, David Floyd <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Obviously I've misunderstood postings in the past in uk.telecom when I
    >>understood that all 08 and 09 numbers had to end up on a 01, 02, or 07
    >>number.

    > Definitely not.

    Probably thinking of 06 numbers.
    The shake up was supposed to make charging more clear. (don't know why
    since it's still mind-bogglingly awkward (having 5 0870 price bandings
    and about 10 090 ones).
    Thomas Kenyon, Feb 10, 2006
  15. David Floyd

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > The shake up was supposed to make charging more clear. (don't know why
    > since it's still mind-bogglingly awkward (having 5 0870 price bandings
    > and about 10 090 ones).

    There are 5 0870 price bandings?

    And only 10 090 bandings?

    Since when?
    Paul Cupis, Feb 10, 2006
  16. Paul Cupis wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >
    >>The shake up was supposed to make charging more clear. (don't know why
    >>since it's still mind-bogglingly awkward (having 5 0870 price bandings
    >>and about 10 090 ones).

    > There are 5 0870 price bandings?
    >
    > And only 10 090 bandings?
    >
    > Since when?

    Probably more, the 10 was a guess.
    There are 5 price bands for 0870 on the bt pricing website.
    Thomas Kenyon, Feb 10, 2006
  17. David Floyd

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > Paul Cupis wrote:
    >> There are 5 0870 price bandings?
    >>
    >> And only 10 090 bandings?
    >>
    >> Since when?

    > Probably more, the 10 was a guess.

    There are more.

    > There are 5 price bands for 0870 on the bt pricing website.

    URI/Link?
    Paul Cupis, Feb 10, 2006
  18. Paul Cupis wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >
    >>Paul Cupis wrote:
    >>
    >>>There are 5 0870 price bandings?
    >>>
    >>>And only 10 090 bandings?
    >>>
    >>>Since when?

    >>Probably more, the 10 was a guess.

    > There are more.
    >

    >>There are 5 price bands for 0870 on the bt pricing website.

    > URI/Link?

    It's all in http://www.bt.com/Pricing/index.jsp .

    The different groups are:

    0870
    0870 09
    0870 185
    0870 187
    0870 188

    The 09/185/187/188 are all cheaper than normal 0870 numbers.
    Thomas Kenyon, Feb 10, 2006