    call you back ?
    Also, does anyone know if they'll port a BT number and what they charge
    for this ?
    TheMgt, Mar 10, 2007

  2. TheMgt

    Andy Lord Guest

    On Mar 10, 10:51 am, TheMgt <> wrote:
    > Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
    > you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
    > call you back ?
    > Also, does anyone know if they'll port a BT number and what they charge
    > for this ?

    They will port in BT numbers for £5 per port. I've never phoned them
    but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

    --

    Andy
    Andy Lord, Mar 10, 2007

  3. TheMgt

    J Clavox Guest

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:51:14 GMT, TheMgt <>
    wrote:

    >Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
    >you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
    >call you back ?

    I have spoke with them more times than I haven't if you do leave a
    number they WILL call back but if you leave it an hour or two and try
    again most times Chris will answer.
    J Clavox, Mar 10, 2007
  4. TheMgt

    J Clavox Guest

    On 10 Mar 2007 03:04:37 -0800, "Andy Lord" <>
    wrote:

    >They will port in BT numbers for £5 per port. I've never phoned them
    >but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

    Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
    for free ? .
    J Clavox, Mar 10, 2007
  5. TheMgt

    Paul Cupis Guest

    J Clavox wrote:
    > On 10 Mar 2007 03:04:37 -0800, "Andy Lord" <>
    > wrote:
    >> They will port in BT numbers for £5 per port. I've never phoned them
    >> but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

    > Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
    > for free ? .

    Perhaps the two completely different things have different costs to
    voip.co.uk?
    Paul Cupis, Mar 10, 2007
  6. TheMgt

    Scope Guest

    J Clavox wrote:
    > On 10 Mar 2007 03:04:37 -0800, "Andy Lord" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> They will port in BT numbers for £5 per port. I've never phoned them
    >> but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

    > Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
    > for free ? .

    Perhaps Vonage can afford to offer you a free port because you pay over
    the odds for your monthly line rental? voip.co.uk dont charge line
    rental, or you can subscribe to their 1.99 uk package, so their incoming
    on line rental isnt great, the opposit to vonage.
    Scope, Mar 10, 2007
  7. TheMgt

    Linker3000 Guest

    J Clavox wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:51:14 GMT, TheMgt <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
    >> you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
    >> call you back ?

    > I have spoke with them more times than I haven't if you do leave a
    > number they WILL call back but if you leave it an hour or two and try
    > again most times Chris will answer.

    That pretty Much sums it up - and Chris generally replies to emails
    promptly and with good advice/feedback.
    Linker3000, Mar 10, 2007
  8. TheMgt

    Herman Guest

    "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message news:45f2c669.0@entanet...
    >J Clavox wrote:
    >> On 10 Mar 2007 03:04:37 -0800, "Andy Lord" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>> They will port in BT numbers for £5 per port. I've never phoned them
    >>> but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

    >> Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
    >> for free ? .

    > Perhaps the two completely different things have different costs to
    > voip.co.uk?

    They can do all the work for porting Vonage themselves, so it should be very
    quick and easy(one carrier involved). I wasn't charged either. BT porting
    is necessarily a bit more involved and time-consuming because of the
    multiple carriers.
    Herman, Mar 10, 2007
  9. TheMgt

    Guest

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:45:12 GMT, "Herman"
    <> wrote:

    >They can do all the work for porting Vonage themselves, so it should be very
    >quick and easy(one carrier involved). I wasn't charged either. BT porting
    >is necessarily a bit more involved and time-consuming because of the
    >multiple carriers.

    Going on what Chris told me when I first contacted him about porting
    he told me they had no problem with BT numbers but have had problems
    with Vonage , on that bases one would think if charges where to be
    levied they would be for numbers other than BT .
    , Mar 10, 2007
  10. TheMgt

    alexd Guest

    J Clavox wrote:

    > On 10 Mar 2007 03:04:37 -0800, "Andy Lord" <>
    > wrote:

    >>They will port in BT numbers for £5 per port. I've never phoned them
    >>but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

    > Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
    > for free ?

    Perhaps voip.co.uk and Vonage use the same wholesaler to provide their
    services, and technically there is no "port" at all?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    00:25:37 up 16 days, 4:38, 2 users, load average: 0.25, 0.22, 0.20
    alexd, Mar 11, 2007
  11. TheMgt

    wrote:

    >Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
    >you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
    >call you back ?

    It appears to me that most of the voip.co.uk customer-facing tech
    support team is called Chris. In my experience, he is very
    knowledgable, helpful and willing to take the time to help. However
    this probably does mean that he sometimes can't get to answer the next
    call.

    I've always had responses to support tickets, and whenever I've phoned
    to folow up on them he has answered the call, but I expect he doesn't
    work 24 hours a day.
    , Mar 12, 2007
  12. TheMgt

    Herman Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:51:14 GMT, TheMgt <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
    >>you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
    >>call you back ?

    > It appears to me that most of the voip.co.uk customer-facing tech
    > support team is called Chris. In my experience, he is very
    > knowledgable, helpful and willing to take the time to help. However
    > this probably does mean that he sometimes can't get to answer the next
    > call.
    >
    > I've always had responses to support tickets, and whenever I've phoned
    > to folow up on them he has answered the call, but I expect he doesn't
    > work 24 hours a day.

    Adam also keeps an eye out for urgent tickets. I posted an issue around
    10pm on a Saturday night and although it wasn't solved straight away, it was
    at least acknowledged.

    They can have problems responding to non-urgent tickets ( I have one
    outstanding from December), although they don't get a significant amount of
    business from me so that could be why. They also do not always close
    tickets off cleanly which is an annoyance when you look at your list of
    issues.

    For the price, I am generally happy with them, and the service does seem to
    have less downtime than other similarly-priced outfits.
    Herman, Mar 13, 2007