VOIP.CO.UK - Out of service - Anyone else?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Roger Baker, Mar 7, 2007.

  1. Roger Baker

    Roger Baker Guest

    Wednesday morning at 06:30. Two voip.co.uk accounts, both from
    different locations, unable to log on to the voip.co.uk service. Both
    using different ISP's and accounts.

    Looks like some outage to a previously perfect service.

    Roger.
     
    Roger Baker, Mar 7, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Phil

    Phil Guest

    "Roger Baker" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Wednesday morning at 06:30. Two voip.co.uk accounts, both from
    > different locations, unable to log on to the voip.co.uk service. Both
    > using different ISP's and accounts.
    >
    > Looks like some outage to a previously perfect service.
    >
    > Roger.
    >
    >

    Same here, 2 accounts. Router not registering on either account.
     
    Phil, Mar 7, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Bill49

    Bill49 Guest

    On Mar 7, 6:33 am, Roger Baker <> wrote:
    > Wednesday morning at 06:30. Two voip.co.uk accounts, both from
    > different locations, unable to log on to the voip.co.uk service. Both
    > using different ISP's and accounts.
    >
    > Looks like some outage to a previously perfect service.
    >
    > Roger.


    Voip.co.uk is working fine here (just tested it)
    Bill
     
    Bill49, Mar 7, 2007
    #3
  4. Bill49 wrote:
    > On Mar 7, 6:33 am, Roger Baker <> wrote:
    >> Wednesday morning at 06:30. Two voip.co.uk accounts, both from
    >> different locations, unable to log on to the voip.co.uk service. Both
    >> using different ISP's and accounts.
    >>
    >> Looks like some outage to a previously perfect service.
    >>
    >> Roger.

    >
    > Voip.co.uk is working fine here (just tested it)
    > Bill
    >

    Registration not working here.
     
    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 7, 2007
    #4
  5. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Bill49 writes
    >On Mar 7, 6:33 am, Roger Baker <> wrote:
    >> Wednesday morning at 06:30. Two voip.co.uk accounts, both from
    >> different locations, unable to log on to the voip.co.uk service. Both
    >> using different ISP's and accounts.
    >>
    >> Looks like some outage to a previously perfect service.
    >>
    >> Roger.

    >
    >Voip.co.uk is working fine here (just tested it)
    >Bill
    >


    Not working for me. 3 lines in use - none of them registering, as at
    8:15am
     
    David Floyd, Mar 7, 2007
    #5
  6. Roger Baker

    Roger Baker Guest

    On 6 Mar 2007 23:30:48 -0800, "Bill49" <>
    wrote:

    >Voip.co.uk is working fine here (just tested it)
    >Bill


    You seem to be the lucky one Bill. Still not working here at 08:20.
    Have lodged a support ticket.

    Roger.
     
    Roger Baker, Mar 7, 2007
    #6
  7. Bill49

    Bill49 Guest

    On 7 Mar, 07:30, "Bill49" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 7, 6:33 am, Roger Baker <> wrote:
    >
    > > Wednesday morning at 06:30. Two voip.co.uk accounts, both from
    > > different locations, unable to log on to the voip.co.uk service. Both
    > > using different ISP's and accounts.

    >
    > > Looks like some outage to a previously perfect service.

    >
    > > Roger.

    >
    > Voip.co.uk is working fine here (just tested it)
    > Bill


    Just had another look.
    I can 'phone out to a my landline from voip.co. But I cannot ring
    voip.co from my landline or ring up other voip.co. accounts from
    voip.co.
    My ata say registration has failded (and my account says I'm of line)
    Strange that I can make outgoing calls !

    Bill
     
    Bill49, Mar 7, 2007
    #7
  8. Herman

    Herman Guest

    "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in message
    news:TmuHh.56062$...
    > Bill49 wrote:
    >> On Mar 7, 6:33 am, Roger Baker <> wrote:
    >>> Wednesday morning at 06:30. Two voip.co.uk accounts, both from
    >>> different locations, unable to log on to the voip.co.uk service. Both
    >>> using different ISP's and accounts.
    >>>
    >>> Looks like some outage to a previously perfect service.
    >>>
    >>> Roger.

    >>
    >> Voip.co.uk is working fine here (just tested it)
    >> Bill
    >>

    > Registration not working here.


    Not registered since about 5 am. still down
     
    Herman, Mar 7, 2007
    #8
  9. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Roger Baker writes
    >On 6 Mar 2007 23:30:48 -0800, "Bill49" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Voip.co.uk is working fine here (just tested it)
    >>Bill

    >
    >You seem to be the lucky one Bill. Still not working here at 08:20.
    >Have lodged a support ticket.
    >


    Anybody had a reply to their ticket yet? I haven't!
     
    David Floyd, Mar 7, 2007
    #9
  10. David Floyd wrote:
    > In message of Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Roger Baker writes
    >> On 6 Mar 2007 23:30:48 -0800, "Bill49" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Voip.co.uk is working fine here (just tested it)
    >>> Bill

    >>
    >> You seem to be the lucky one Bill. Still not working here at 08:20.
    >> Have lodged a support ticket.
    >>

    >
    > Anybody had a reply to their ticket yet? I haven't!


    I truly wish they'd offer static termination.
    I am honestly thinking of moving my incoming service with someone like
    voiptalk or gradwell for this purpose.
     
    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 7, 2007
    #10
  11. Jon Farmer

    Jon Farmer Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > David Floyd wrote:


    > I truly wish they'd offer static termination.
    > I am honestly thinking of moving my incoming service with someone like
    > voiptalk or gradwell for this purpose.


    Entacall offer this service as well.

    Regards

    Jon

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (MingW32)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

    iD8DBQFF7n5hotYBUf9JkEARArVhAJ9KvZ7SEIjVyOJZKlG43qSyac9afgCdFkK8
    qFJbDdFVjw4bYxt6P7fUp90=
    =erBD
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
     
    Jon Farmer, Mar 7, 2007
    #11
  12. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Thomas Kenyon writes
    >David Floyd wrote:
    >> In message of Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Roger Baker writes
    >>> On 6 Mar 2007 23:30:48 -0800, "Bill49" <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Voip.co.uk is working fine here (just tested it)
    >>>> Bill
    >>>
    >>> You seem to be the lucky one Bill. Still not working here at 08:20.
    >>> Have lodged a support ticket.
    >>>

    >> Anybody had a reply to their ticket yet? I haven't!

    >
    >I truly wish they'd offer static termination.
    >I am honestly thinking of moving my incoming service with someone like
    >voiptalk or gradwell for this purpose.


    Anyone know if you can transfer your number away from voip.co.uk.

    I rather like my number - and 99% of the time I like voip.co.uk (except
    for their voicemail). But if things go pear shape I would like to keep
    my numbers.

    David
     
    David Floyd, Mar 7, 2007
    #12
  13. Jon Farmer wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >> David Floyd wrote:

    >
    >> I truly wish they'd offer static termination.
    >> I am honestly thinking of moving my incoming service with someone like
    >> voiptalk or gradwell for this purpose.

    >
    > Entacall offer this service as well.
    >

    I've not really bothered with entacall, since they don't appear to have
    pricing, availability, or basically any information at all regarding
    their offering (other than the fact that it exists) on their website.
     
    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 7, 2007
    #13
  14. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 7 Mar 2007, David Floyd writes
    >In message of Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Roger Baker writes
    >>On 6 Mar 2007 23:30:48 -0800, "Bill49" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Voip.co.uk is working fine here (just tested it)
    >>>Bill

    >>
    >>You seem to be the lucky one Bill. Still not working here at 08:20.
    >>Have lodged a support ticket.
    >>

    >
    >Anybody had a reply to their ticket yet? I haven't!


    Replying to my own question - I had a reply to my ticket at 9:20
    acknowledging that there was a problem, and another reply at 9:41 to say
    that normal service had resumed.

    I've only just got back to my computer and noticed this. And yes, normal
    service is back.

    David
     
    David Floyd, Mar 7, 2007
    #14
  15. Scope

    Scope Guest

    Roger Baker wrote:
    > Wednesday morning at 06:30. Two voip.co.uk accounts, both from
    > different locations, unable to log on to the voip.co.uk service. Both
    > using different ISP's and accounts.
    >
    > Looks like some outage to a previously perfect service.
    >
    > Roger.
    >


    My line is down aswell. I wish they had a status page on their website
    so they could keep us up to date, rather than 100s of people raising
    support tickets. (needless to say, I raised one aswell before I saw this
    thread. :)
     
    Scope, Mar 7, 2007
    #15
  16. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Scope writes
    >Roger Baker wrote:
    >> Wednesday morning at 06:30. Two voip.co.uk accounts, both from
    >> different locations, unable to log on to the voip.co.uk service. Both
    >> using different ISP's and accounts.
    >> Looks like some outage to a previously perfect service.
    >> Roger.
    >>

    >
    >My line is down aswell. I wish they had a status page on their website
    >so they could keep us up to date, rather than 100s of people raising
    >support tickets. (needless to say, I raised one aswell before I saw
    >this thread. :)
    >


    Service is back up. But you need to reboot your devices.
     
    David Floyd, Mar 7, 2007
    #16
  17. Scope

    Scope Guest

    David Floyd wrote:
    > In message of Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Scope writes
    >> Roger Baker wrote:
    >>> Wednesday morning at 06:30. Two voip.co.uk accounts, both from
    >>> different locations, unable to log on to the voip.co.uk service. Both
    >>> using different ISP's and accounts.
    >>> Looks like some outage to a previously perfect service.
    >>> Roger.
    >>>

    >>
    >> My line is down aswell. I wish they had a status page on their website
    >> so they could keep us up to date, rather than 100s of people raising
    >> support tickets. (needless to say, I raised one aswell before I saw
    >> this thread. :)
    >>

    >
    > Service is back up. But you need to reboot your devices.


    So it is. :) I had to wait for my ATA to attempt another registration
    as my wife was on another line, and I couldnt reboot it.
     
    Scope, Mar 7, 2007
    #17
  18. Jon Farmer

    Jon Farmer Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:

    > I've not really bothered with entacall, since they don't appear to have
    > pricing, availability, or basically any information at all regarding
    > their offering (other than the fact that it exists) on their website.


    Thats because we only sell through the channel.

    Regards

    Jon

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (MingW32)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

    iD8DBQFF7peiotYBUf9JkEARAnoLAJ91tWV40GyTxK+lcCu9j5be3Wv5jQCgkes0
    tF1IUazAtlipsyBiFIn8+4g=
    =Xa7B
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
     
    Jon Farmer, Mar 7, 2007
    #18
  19. Jon Farmer wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >
    >> I've not really bothered with entacall, since they don't appear to have
    >> pricing, availability, or basically any information at all regarding
    >> their offering (other than the fact that it exists) on their website.

    >
    > Thats because we only sell through the channel.
    >

    Who/What are the channel?
     
    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 7, 2007
    #19
  20. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > Jon Farmer wrote:
    >> Thats because we only sell through the channel.
    >>

    > Who/What are the channel?


    Jon means his company only sells through resellers.

    Tim
     
    Tim, Mar 7, 2007
    #20
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. KiwiBJ
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    664
    KiwiBJ
    Apr 24, 2006
  2. Replies:
    2
    Views:
    895
    Rohan
    Nov 18, 2006
  3. mandohead
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    540
    AaronJ
    Dec 16, 2006
  4. Ed Straker

    Email form voip.co.uk - anyone else??

    Ed Straker, Nov 20, 2007, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    596
    Ed Straker
    Nov 20, 2007
  5. KiwiBJ
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    569
    KiwiBJ
    Apr 24, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page