    yesterday and earlier (and I mean always yesterday - not 26th July) are
    the chargeable calls.

    David
    David Floyd, Jul 27, 2007

  2. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:03:54 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >It is disappointing to note that voip.co.uk update the call records to
    >History on a daily basis now, which means that non-chargeable calls and
    >incoming calls are no-longer available to view after the current day.
    >
    >I've complained about this, but this is the new way. I found it useful
    >to know when I made or received a call, and I downloaded the CSV file
    >each month for analysis. The only information now available for
    >yesterday and earlier (and I mean always yesterday - not 26th July) are
    >the chargeable calls.
    >
    >David

    I find it useful to have 2 very useful voip providers around one being
    the one you mention here , stop complaining about things that do not
    matter .
    , Jul 27, 2007

  3. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 27 Jul 2007, writes
    >On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:03:54 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>It is disappointing to note that voip.co.uk update the call records to
    >>History on a daily basis now, which means that non-chargeable calls and
    >>incoming calls are no-longer available to view after the current day.
    >>
    >>I've complained about this, but this is the new way. I found it useful
    >>to know when I made or received a call, and I downloaded the CSV file
    >>each month for analysis. The only information now available for
    >>yesterday and earlier (and I mean always yesterday - not 26th July) are
    >>the chargeable calls.
    >>
    >>David

    >I find it useful to have 2 very useful voip providers around one being
    >the one you mention here , stop complaining about things that do not
    >matter .

    They matter to me, as I said it has been a very useful service, having
    that facility.

    DF

    PS The tone of your message sounds familiar to me - could you be
    some-one I have killfile in the past, but now you appear under a
    different name?
    David Floyd, Jul 27, 2007
  4. David Floyd

    Rob Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > I find it useful to have 2 very useful voip providers around one being
    > the one you mention here , stop complaining about things that do not
    > matter .

    The other being Sipgate?

    Rob
    Rob, Jul 27, 2007
  5. David Floyd

    Rob Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message

    > PS The tone of your message sounds familiar to me - could you be
    > some-one I have killfile in the past, but now you appear under a
    > different name?

    Yes, he's the very same idiot.

    Rob
    Rob, Jul 27, 2007
  6. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > PS The tone of your message sounds familiar to me - could
    > you be some-one I have killfile in the past, but now you
    > appear under a different name?

    He's none other than the (in)famous Ron Chew, AKA Dexter, Clavox and
    others.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 28, 2007
  7. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 00:06:28 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >> PS The tone of your message sounds familiar to me - could
    >> you be some-one I have killfile in the past, but now you
    >> appear under a different name?

    >He's none other than the (in)famous Ron Chew, AKA Dexter, Clavox and
    >others.
    >
    >Ivor

    And you are the same old SIPGATE loving Ivor .
    , Jul 28, 2007
  8. David Floyd

    Rob Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > And you are the same old SIPGATE loving Ivor .

    Umm....yes....thanks, but I think we can all work out that Ivor is Ivor, as
    he signs himself "Ivor", his name is given in the "From" field of his
    messages, and he doesn't hide under a different name every 5 minutes.

    Rob
    Rob, Jul 28, 2007
  9. On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:44:07 +0100, David Floyd <> wrote:
    > >>It is disappointing to note that voip.co.uk update the call records to
    > >>History on a daily basis now, which means that non-chargeable calls and
    > >>incoming calls are no-longer available to view after the current day.

    [...]
    > They matter to me, as I said it has been a very useful service, having
    > that facility.

    Hi, David

    Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I was looking over the
    Ofcom rules yesterday ("Consolidated Version of General Conditions") and
    rule 12.3 states clearly that free calls must not be "identified" in a
    bill.

    Now, a CDR is different to an itemised bill, but perhaps the difference
    is very subtle. If there's cost data on your call list, then that might
    look a bit too much like billing and therefore need the free calls
    stripped.

    Best wishes,
    Andy

    --
    rgds, Andy Davidson Freelance keyboard jockey
    www.andyd.net
    Andy Davidson, Aug 3, 2007
  10. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Andy Davidson writes

    >[...]
    >> They matter to me, as I said it has been a very useful service, having
    >> that facility.

    >Hi, David
    >
    >Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I was looking over the
    >Ofcom rules yesterday ("Consolidated Version of General Conditions") and
    >rule 12.3 states clearly that free calls must not be "identified" in a
    >bill.

    Negated by 12.4(a), isn't it?

    David
    David Floyd, Aug 3, 2007
  11. On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 17:21:54 +0100, David Floyd <> wrote:
    > In message of Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Andy Davidson writes
    > >Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I was looking over the
    > >Ofcom rules yesterday ("Consolidated Version of General Conditions") and
    > >rule 12.3 states clearly that free calls must not be "identified" in a
    > >bill.

    > Negated by 12.4(a), isn't it?

    Oh, I assumed you were on a plan or billed account - sorry.

    Andy Davidson, Aug 3, 2007
  12. David Floyd

    Jono Guest

    Andy Davidson wrote on 03/08/2007 :
    > Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I was looking over the
    > Ofcom rules yesterday ("Consolidated Version of General Conditions") and
    > rule 12.3 states clearly that free calls must not be "identified" in a
    > bill.

    If I want Free calls listing, why can't I? I'm gobsmacked that there's
    a rule telling SPs this.
    Jono, Aug 4, 2007
  13. David Floyd

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Andy Davidson wrote on 03/08/2007 :
    >> Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I was looking over the
    >> Ofcom rules yesterday ("Consolidated Version of General Conditions") and
    >> rule 12.3 states clearly that free calls must not be "identified" in a
    >> bill.

    > If I want Free calls listing, why can't I? I'm gobsmacked that there's a
    > rule telling SPs this.

    It's to do with protecting people who call Childline or other
    abuse-related number, IIRC.
    Paul Cupis, Aug 4, 2007
  14. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    > Jono wrote:
    > > Andy Davidson wrote on 03/08/2007 :
    > > > Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I
    > > > was looking over the Ofcom rules yesterday
    > > > ("Consolidated Version of General Conditions") and
    > > > rule 12.3 states clearly that free calls must not be
    > > > "identified" in a bill.

    > > If I want Free calls listing, why can't I? I'm
    > > gobsmacked that there's a rule telling SPs this.

    > It's to do with protecting people who call Childline or
    > other abuse-related number, IIRC.

    Which is fair enough I suppose, but can't these specific numbers be
    excluded from listings but leaving 'normal' freephone numbers..? IIRC when
    I had a mobile contract it listed 0800 calls with £0.00 against them.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 4, 2007
  15. David Floyd

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones submitted this idea :

    > "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    >> Jono wrote:
    >> >
    >> > If I want Free calls listing, why can't I? I'm
    >> > gobsmacked that there's a rule telling SPs this.

    >> It's to do with protecting people who call Childline or
    >> other abuse-related number, IIRC.

    > Which is fair enough I suppose, but can't these specific numbers be excluded
    > from listings but leaving 'normal' freephone numbers..?

    Who would maintain the list?

    > IIRC when I had a
    > mobile contract it listed 0800 calls with £0.00 against them.

    My Orange contract does.

    I see plenty of business bills from various WLR/CPS suppliers which
    list freephone number calls.

    Does this rule only apply to consumer, I wonder?

    Even so, there must be plenty of organisations one might not want
    listing on a bill that use 0845 or 0[12] geographic numbers. The
    samaritans, for instance.
    Jono, Aug 4, 2007
  16. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > > > It's to do with protecting people who call Childline
    > > > or other abuse-related number, IIRC.

    > > Which is fair enough I suppose, but can't these
    > > specific numbers be excluded from listings but leaving
    > > 'normal' freephone numbers..?

    > Who would maintain the list?

    Presumably the providers. Aren't there some mobile providers who allow
    free calls to Childline etc. while charging for other 0800 numbers..? IIRC
    Virgin does this but not sure. There can't be that many 'special' numbers
    like that.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 4, 2007