    have gone silent after about 90 seconds.

    Cheers

    Steve
    Steve in Herts, Dec 3, 2006

  2. On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 19:39:11 GMT, Steve in Herts
    <> wrote:

    >Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
    >have gone silent after about 90 seconds.
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >Steve

    Outgoing calls only. Incoming calls have been ok.
    Steve in Herts, Dec 3, 2006

  3. Steve in Herts

    Anon E Mouse Guest

    Steve in Herts wrote:
    > On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 19:39:11 GMT, Steve in Herts
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
    >> have gone silent after about 90 seconds.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Steve

    > Outgoing calls only. Incoming calls have been ok.

    Same issue here, although the cutoff point has been more random for me.
    Happening SIP>SIP and SIP>PSTN for me.
    Anon E Mouse, Dec 3, 2006
  4. Steve in Herts

    ACDeag Guest

    Anon E Mouse pretended :
    > Steve in Herts wrote:
    >> On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 19:39:11 GMT, Steve in Herts
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
    >>> have gone silent after about 90 seconds.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>>
    >>> Steve

    >> Outgoing calls only. Incoming calls have been ok.

    > Same issue here, although the cutoff point has been more random for me.
    > Happening SIP>SIP and SIP>PSTN for me.

    Been happening to me as well.
    ACDeag, Dec 3, 2006
  5. Steve in Herts

    andy Guest

    ACDeag wrote:
    > Anon E Mouse pretended :
    > > Steve in Herts wrote:

    > >> Outgoing calls only. Incoming calls have been ok.

    > > Same issue here, although the cutoff point has been more random for me.
    > > Happening SIP>SIP and SIP>PSTN for me.

    > Been happening to me as well.

    At the moment I have their number forwarded to a different SIP address
    (Voipcheap), which was ok for a 15 minute call around 5 pm
    andy, Dec 3, 2006
  6. Steve in Herts

    Ian Pawson Guest

    Steve in Herts wrote:
    > Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
    > have gone silent after about 90 seconds.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Steve

    Yes, gets cut-off after a couple of mins. sip->pstn call
    Ian Pawson, Dec 3, 2006
  7. Steve in Herts

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sun, 3 Dec 2006, Ian Pawson writes
    >Steve in Herts wrote:
    >> Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
    >> have gone silent after about 90 seconds.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Steve

    >Yes, gets cut-off after a couple of mins. sip->pstn call

    And the call records show that the calls are 'still in progress' hours
    later.

    Hope you have all raised a ticket.

    Last time this happened I was (and still am) being charged for off peak
    calls on a 'per minute' basis. That's because the system thinks there
    is more than one call at a time because of the failed call still being
    registered. I've been promised a refund when the fault has been sorted
    out - but that's over three weeks now! :-(

    David
    David Floyd, Dec 3, 2006
  8. Steve in Herts

    Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
    >have gone silent after about 90 seconds.

    Yes, same here. More like 100 to 110 seconds into the call it goes
    dead. This has been happening sporadically for a couple of days I'm
    told (not done it to me till today) but now EVERY call drops after
    about 1 min 50 sec.

    This is the same on our two different ATAs, but Sipgate is working
    perfectly behind the same router.
    , Dec 3, 2006
  9. Thus spaketh andy:
    > ACDeag wrote:
    >> Anon E Mouse pretended :

    >>> Same issue here, although the cutoff point has been more random for
    >>> me. Happening SIP>SIP and SIP>PSTN for me.

    >> Been happening to me as well.

    > At the moment I have their number forwarded to a different SIP address
    > (Voipcheap), which was ok for a 15 minute call around 5 pm

    I don't use Voip.co.uk, but interested how you forwarded to a sip
    address for voipcheap.

    I use IPKall and used to have it forward to my sipgate address until the
    muppets there stopped allowing it, but never managed to work out what
    was needed to forward it to VoIPStunt, which is sister service to
    VoIPCheap, have forwarded it to another account for now, but would like
    to be able to forward it to my voipstunt account, as pointers?
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 4, 2006
  10. Steve in Herts

    Mr Woo Guest

    On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 21:46:07 +0000, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >Hope you have all raised a ticket.
    >
    >Last time this happened I was (and still am) being charged for off peak
    >calls on a 'per minute' basis. That's because the system thinks there
    >is more than one call at a time because of the failed call still being
    >registered. I've been promised a refund when the fault has been sorted
    >out - but that's over three weeks now! :-(

    This happened to me also and I have raised a ticket too. Since the
    failed call I have been able to make other calls but they are not
    showing on the calls list as the last entry still shows the failed
    call still in progress.

    I hope this is a temporary glitch which is corrected to my
    satisfaction as I came to voip.co.uk looking for a really reliable
    VOIP provider to replace Sipgate which I had no end of trouble with.

    W.
    Mr Woo, Dec 4, 2006
  11. Steve in Herts

    Geoff Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
    >have gone silent after about 90 seconds.
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >Steve

    My Skype has been working well with free calls to the US Canada and Oz
    Geoff, Dec 4, 2006
  12. Steve in Herts

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Geoff writes
    >On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 19:39:11 GMT, Steve in Herts
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
    >>have gone silent after about 90 seconds.
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>
    >>Steve

    >My Skype has been working well with free calls to the US Canada and Oz

    So, what's that got to do with a voip.co.uk problem?
    David Floyd, Dec 4, 2006
  13. Steve in Herts

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Mr Woo writes
    >On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 21:46:07 +0000, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Hope you have all raised a ticket.
    >>
    >>Last time this happened I was (and still am) being charged for off peak
    >>calls on a 'per minute' basis. That's because the system thinks there
    >>is more than one call at a time because of the failed call still being
    >>registered. I've been promised a refund when the fault has been sorted
    >>out - but that's over three weeks now! :-(

    >This happened to me also and I have raised a ticket too. Since the
    >failed call I have been able to make other calls but they are not
    >showing on the calls list as the last entry still shows the failed
    >call still in progress.
    >
    >I hope this is a temporary glitch which is corrected to my
    >satisfaction as I came to voip.co.uk looking for a really reliable
    >VOIP provider to replace Sipgate which I had no end of trouble with.
    >
    >W.

    I have just renewed my annual UK package, so have been with them for
    just over a year after having no end of problems with Sipgate. I have
    not had any problems with voip.co.uk until now.

    The only other point I had was that a certain PSTN area could not call
    me and voip.co.uk got that sorted within 24 hours.

    This problem with the odd sticking call coupled with overcharging as a
    result has been around for about three weeks now, so I am getting
    concerned, especially after yesterday when every attempt failed after a
    few seconds or minute.

    DF
    David Floyd, Dec 4, 2006
  14. Steve in Herts

    Bypass Guest

    Steve in Herts wrote:
    > Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
    > have gone silent after about 90 seconds.

    I've got the problem of dropped calls anything from 5 - 90 seconds.
    Voip.co.uk technical responded almost immediately to my ticket saying
    that they were aware of the problem on the Home and SOHO platforms. The
    Business platform users were unaffected.

    The issue will be resolved when they find out what the problem is.
    Bypass, Dec 4, 2006
  15. Steve in Herts

    Mark Guest

    Steve in Herts wrote:
    > Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
    > have gone silent after about 90 seconds.

    Same here. Noticed it on SIP -> PSTN calls. Use X-Lite. Very annoying,
    as I have just subscribed to them, after getting the impression from
    reading this newsgroup, that they were one of the more reliable service
    providers.

    Mark
    Mark, Dec 4, 2006
  16. Steve in Herts

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 15:42:24 +0000, Mark <me4all_at_gmxDOTnet> wrote:

    >Steve in Herts wrote:
    >> Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
    >> have gone silent after about 90 seconds.
    >>

    >Same here. Noticed it on SIP -> PSTN calls. Use X-Lite. Very annoying,
    >as I have just subscribed to them, after getting the impression from
    >reading this newsgroup, that they were one of the more reliable service
    >providers.

    They are. I have used voip.co.uk for a year and, except when
    Blueyonder were updating their network, nothing to do with voip.co.uk,
    I have found them to be very reliable.
    Having said that, as they still haven't sorted out my account, from
    the time that the billing sotware went faulty, I am now trying a
    different company - so far so good. So I am not affected by this
    outage.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Dec 4, 2006
  17. Steve in Herts

    andy Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > Thus spaketh andy:
    > > ACDeag wrote:
    > >> Anon E Mouse pretended :

    > >> Been happening to me as well.

    > > At the moment I have their number forwarded to a different SIP address
    > > (Voipcheap), which was ok for a 15 minute call around 5 pm

    > I don't use Voip.co.uk, but interested how you forwarded to a sip
    > address for voipcheap.
    >
    > I use IPKall and used to have it forward to my sipgate address until the
    > muppets there stopped allowing it, but never managed to work out what
    > was needed to forward it to VoIPStunt, which is sister service to
    > VoIPCheap, have forwarded it to another account for now, but would like
    > to be able to forward it to my voipstunt account, as pointers?

    Apologies to all for being mixed up, and thus unhelpful and off-topic -
    I was forwarding VoipTalk, not voip.co.uk, to voipcheap [to username @
    sip.voipcheap.com - incoming calls in the client say peering]
    andy, Dec 4, 2006
  18. Thus spaketh andy:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >> Thus spaketh andy:

    >>> At the moment I have their number forwarded to a different SIP
    >>> address (Voipcheap), which was ok for a 15 minute call around 5 pm

    >> I don't use Voip.co.uk, but interested how you forwarded to a sip
    >> address for voipcheap.
    >>
    >> I use IPKall and used to have it forward to my sipgate address until
    >> the muppets there stopped allowing it, but never managed to work out
    >> what was needed to forward it to VoIPStunt, which is sister service
    >> to VoIPCheap, have forwarded it to another account for now, but
    >> would like to be able to forward it to my voipstunt account, as
    >> pointers?

    > Apologies to all for being mixed up, and thus unhelpful and off-topic
    > - I was forwarding VoipTalk, not voip.co.uk, to voipcheap [to
    > username @ sip.voipcheap.com - incoming calls in the client say
    > peering]

    Thanks, it's been of help, I have some VoIPTalk numbers, I had wanted to
    forward to my voipstunt service, but never got it to work, but tried
    again using username @ sip.voipcheap.com instead of username @
    sip.voipstunt.com and they now work! :)

    Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 5, 2006
  19. Steve in Herts

    andy Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > Thus spaketh andy:
    > >
    > > Apologies to all for being mixed up, and thus unhelpful and off-topic
    > > - I was forwarding VoipTalk, not voip.co.uk, to voipcheap [to
    > > username @ sip.voipcheap.com - incoming calls in the client say
    > > peering]

    > Thanks, it's been of help, I have some VoIPTalk numbers, I had wanted to
    > forward to my voipstunt service, but never got it to work, but tried
    > again using username @ sip.voipcheap.com instead of username @
    > sip.voipstunt.com and they now work! :)

    I don't object to you taking the credit for this idea on another forum,
    but is it wise to publish it so widely? There is no obligation for
    Voiptalk to continue allowing this possibilty that doesn't earn them
    any money
    andy, Dec 7, 2006
  20. Steve in Herts

    Guest

    On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 23:39:58 +0000, I wrote:

    >Yes, same here. More like 100 to 110 seconds into the call it goes
    >dead. This has been happening sporadically for a couple of days I'm
    >told (not done it to me till today) but now EVERY call drops after
    >about 1 min 50 sec.

    Seems to have been fixed pretty quickly the next morning.
    , Dec 8, 2006