    few weeks - especially since they have had a pretty good record up 'til
    recently.

    Anyone else?

    Linker3000, Sep 14, 2007

  2. Linker3000

    Guest

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 23:05:51 +0100, Linker3000
    <> wrote:

    > but I am
    >getting edgy now that voip.co.uk appears to have had a third glitch in a
    >few weeks - especially since they have had a pretty good record up 'til
    >recently.

    I do not have favorites and if they do start giving problems regularly
    I shall be on my way unlike one person here who would stick with a
    certain company even if they stopped providing service for a month.

    >Anyone else?

    Our lines have been ok but I can tell you they are doing some
    reorganizing including building a new web site so Chris told us
    a couple of weeks ago.

    , Sep 15, 2007

  3. Linker3000

    Linker3000 Guest

    wrote:
    > On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 23:05:51 +0100, Linker3000
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > .
    > I do not have favorites and if they do start giving problems regularly
    > I shall be on my way unlike one person here who would stick with a
    > certain company even if they stopped providing service for a month.

    Please don't hijaak this thread for yet another trolling session.

    >> Anyone else?

    > Our lines have been ok but I can tell you they are doing some
    > reorganizing including building a new web site so Chris told us
    > a couple of weeks ago.

    Chris told me their new site was going live last December so I am not
    holding my breath.

    Linker3000, Sep 15, 2007
  4. Linker3000

    Guest

    On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 01:23:02 +0100, Linker3000
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 23:05:51 +0100, Linker3000
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> .
    >> I do not have favorites and if they do start giving problems regularly
    >> I shall be on my way unlike one person here who would stick with a
    >> certain company even if they stopped providing service for a month.

    >Please don't hijaak this thread for yet another trolling session.

    Hijacking session I wasn't trying to hijack anything merely making a
    statement of fact.

    >Chris told me their new site was going live last December so I am not
    >holding my breath.

    Which goes to show how often I have the need to contact them in any
    case who's bothered the present site provides everything I need it to
    do .

    , Sep 15, 2007
  5. Linker3000

    Roger Mills Guest

    Linker3000 <> wrote:

    > Hi, at around noon today (Friday) one of our voip.co.uk numbers
    > started to give out 'This number is not in service' to all callers. I
    > couldn't get any sense from their support line (left msg - no
    > replies). The voip number was taking inbound calls diverted to it
    > from a 'regular' landline number and I 'fixed' the problem by
    > diverting calls to another voip.co.uk number terminating at the same
    > Asterisk server.
    > I have just dialled the 'faulty' number and its OK again, but I am
    > getting edgy now that voip.co.uk appears to have had a third glitch
    > in a few weeks - especially since they have had a pretty good record
    > up 'til recently.
    >
    > Anyone else?

    An intermittent fault would be an improvement for me! After over a month,
    both of my voip.co.uk-allocated 01926 numbers are *still* unable to take
    incoming calls (indicating not in service) from BT fixed line phones or
    mobile phones (Orange at any rate - dunno about others). They seem to be no
    nearer to fixing it. They accept it is a routing problem, and nothing to do
    with my setup (because I can receive voip calls from their network, and even
    calls made via the likes of 18866/1899) but they seem to be incapable of
    fixing it!
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Sep 15, 2007
  6. Linker3000

    Jono Guest

    Roger Mills expressed precisely :
    > In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
    > Linker3000 <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, at around noon today (Friday) one of our voip.co.uk numbers
    >> started to give out 'This number is not in service' to all callers. I
    >> couldn't get any sense from their support line (left msg - no
    >> replies). The voip number was taking inbound calls diverted to it
    >> from a 'regular' landline number and I 'fixed' the problem by
    >> diverting calls to another voip.co.uk number terminating at the same
    >> Asterisk server.
    >> I have just dialled the 'faulty' number and its OK again, but I am
    >> getting edgy now that voip.co.uk appears to have had a third glitch
    >> in a few weeks - especially since they have had a pretty good record
    >> up 'til recently.
    >>
    >> Anyone else?

    > An intermittent fault would be an improvement for me! After over a month,
    > both of my voip.co.uk-allocated 01926 numbers are *still* unable to take
    > incoming calls (indicating not in service) from BT fixed line phones or
    > mobile phones (Orange at any rate - dunno about others). They seem to be no
    > nearer to fixing it. They accept it is a routing problem, and nothing to do
    > with my setup (because I can receive voip calls from their network, and even
    > calls made via the likes of 18866/1899) but they seem to be incapable of
    > fixing it!

    I had the same issue. The fix was nothing to do with the ITSP.

    I ultimately had to report faults to each network that I was having
    difficulty placing the calls through. Have you reported the issue to
    Orange? I eventually got a call from NTL who said they'd fixed it,
    after I reported the fault to Orange.

    Make sure you don't mention the VoIP word to Orange, simply report
    having difficulty reaching an 01926 number.

    Jono, Sep 15, 2007
  7. Linker3000

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Roger Mills expressed precisely :

    >> An intermittent fault would be an improvement for me! After over a
    >> month, both of my voip.co.uk-allocated 01926 numbers are *still*
    >> unable to take incoming calls (indicating not in service) from BT
    >> fixed line phones or mobile phones (Orange at any rate - dunno about
    >> others). They seem to be no nearer to fixing it. They accept it is a
    >> routing problem, and nothing to do with my setup (because I can
    >> receive voip calls from their network, and even calls made via the
    >> likes of 18866/1899) but they seem to be incapable of fixing it!

    > I had the same issue. The fix was nothing to do with the ITSP.
    >
    > I ultimately had to report faults to each network that I was having
    > difficulty placing the calls through. Have you reported the issue to
    > Orange? I eventually got a call from NTL who said they'd fixed it, after
    > I reported the fault to Orange.
    >
    > Make sure you don't mention the VoIP word to Orange, simply report
    > having difficulty reaching an 01926 number.

    The network block owner (or their hosting operator) should have
    requested that the operators build the range anyway. Of course the
    operators do not have to heed this request though.

    The previous post suggests that the range is not diallable from BT
    landlines. Assuming that there is no CPS/IDA etc interfering here it
    suggests that the range has not been built by BTwholesale, which will be
    a large part of the problem. There may be upto 3 months lead time for
    this to be built by BT once the request goes in.

    There is a chance that the range has been built by BT but this is a
    fault, or that the "BT landlines" are actually using another operator to
    route calls and it is these operators who have not built the range on
    their networks.

    Paul Cupis, Sep 15, 2007
  8. Linker3000

    Dave Higton Guest

    In message <>
    wrote:

    > Hijacking session I wasn't trying to hijack anything merely making a
    > statement of fact.

    No; you were lying again.

    Dave

    Dave Higton, Sep 15, 2007